Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Halibrand Mags on Sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/129117-halibrand-mags-sale.html)

rodneym 05-29-2014 09:13 AM

Halibrand Mags on Sale

Not Cheap, but...

Rodknock, do these fit your portfolio? And you can forget about the Wilwoods.

Halibrand Magnesium Cobra 427 Wheels New in Halibrand Boxes Saac Svra HSR | eBay

The "Buy It Now" is a bit pricey, eh?

RodKnock 05-29-2014 09:35 AM

Meh, I moved on, right after you said they don't fit Kirkham's.

Anyway, my garage already has too many (Cobra and non-Cobra) wheel boxes already. :D

If anyone wants to buy a set of Trigos from CSX4266, let me know. I'd like to clear them out of my garage. :rolleyes:

rodneym 05-29-2014 09:41 AM

Roddo,
Might be worth mentioning that if the Trigos were original (sorry) to CSX4266, then they're American made. They also have a rougher look, on purpose, 'built' into the tooling. The new Trigos have crisp tooling.

ERA Chas 05-29-2014 11:45 AM

Interesting.
These have 2 differences to mine:
The back side hub mounting face is scalloped and mine is not.
The rears have a thin 'flat' cut before they meet the cast center-mine has the taper going right to the center.

RodKnock 05-29-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1303354)
Roddo,
Might be worth mentioning that if the Trigos were original (sorry) to CSX4266, then they're American made. They also have a rougher look, on purpose, 'built' into the tooling. The new Trigos have crisp tooling.

Cool, thanks. I didn't know that.

I spent a hour+ last night cleaning out the garage and I'd like those Trigo's gone.

Amazingly enough, I still have a ton of Sunbeam Tiger parts too. And no Tiger. :CRY:

MOTORHEAD 05-29-2014 12:11 PM

Mr Knock: I assume the trigo's are 6 pin ? Fit a Kirkham ? Ballpark $$$$ ?
Located on the left coast ?

347stroker 05-29-2014 03:36 PM

Rodknock there is a fellow who lives in northern Ca who restores Tigers. I'll pm you on how to get ahold of him.

RodKnock 05-30-2014 09:26 AM

Five+ days to go and the bidding has already reached $4,850. Wow.

rodneym 05-30-2014 09:33 AM

I have a feeling it will hover at this 'realistic' price for a while but the end should be exciting.
Well, maybe not. :(

RodKnock 05-30-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1303612)
I have a feeling it will hover at this 'realistic' price for a while but the end should be exciting.
Well, maybe not. :(

I'm betting the final bid price to $10K-12K. Usually, the restorers of CSX3000's will want these BADLY.

rodneym 05-30-2014 10:20 AM

Maybe it's time to start passing out business cards at concours events...

Mags, Sunburts, hell, I'll even sell Starburts for $10-12K. I'll even throw in a spare. :cool:

RodKnock 05-30-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1303625)
Maybe it's time to start passing out business cards at concours events...

Mags, Sunburts, hell, I'll even sell Starburts for $10-12K. I'll even throw in a spare. :cool:

I'm not sure Sunburts or Starburts have much value. :LOL:

Seriously, if the 1960's CSX's continue to go up in value, then the parts will follow.

rodneym 05-30-2014 11:41 AM

Maybe not as much value as Mags, but when the right project shows up at McCluskeys, I'll be kind enough to make them available. :3DSMILE:

rodneym 05-30-2014 11:49 AM

BTW, RodKnock, you know the K's are making billet Girlings, don't you?!
And now there's a set of mags on eBay just waiting for you!

RodKnock 05-30-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1303659)

BTW, RodKnock, you know the K's are making billet Girlings, don't you?!

And now there's a set of mags on eBay just waiting for you!

No, I didn't know they make billet Girlings, but I'll be sure get all my upgrades done at the same time next year at the 20th anniversary celebration. :D

Are you buying the billet Girlings?

I wish they would send their customers an email about new developments or post on CC. :confused:

rodneym 05-30-2014 03:01 PM

I think the only way to stay current with the Kirkhams is through facebook.
Dont know if they're selling them, but they've made them. Just a matter of time.

Slither 05-30-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1303354)
Roddo,

No big thing. I still have a set on CSX4266 and another spare set. No (sorry) needed!

RodKnock 05-30-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slither (Post 1303686)
No big thing. I still have a set on CSX4266 and another spare set. No (sorry) needed!

Hey, I have your original wheels that I bought from Bill Griffin. Small world. :)

rodneym 05-30-2014 03:59 PM

You got to tell us about your Dralle built engine someday. :3DSMILE:

Dimis 05-30-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1303664)
I wish they would send their customers an email about new developments or post on CC. :confused:

Me too :o%/

I loath Facebook. So that's not an option.