• 1 Post By PSB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2015, 04:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ffr
Not Ranked     
Default Hunter Cobra?

Anyone on here ever build a Hunter Cobra? Would love to pick someone's brains on these.
Thanks Mike
Old 04-30-2015, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter, 400cid CHEVY...no Remorse
Not Ranked     
Default Hunter Cobra

I have built the 96" Wheel base version. What questions do you have.

Ken
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2015, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None. Yet.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooreken View Post
I have built the 96" Wheel base version. What questions do you have.

Ken
I can't quite tell what is going on this picture. Is that beard as amazing as it looks?
Old 05-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Ken will probably need to reflect on the answer to the beard question
Old 05-01-2015, 10:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ffr
Not Ranked     

Did you use the supplied pedals and pedal box or go with something aftermarket? Were you concerned mounting the pedal box to just the fiberglass?
what is your roll bar mounted to?
Old 05-01-2015, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hunter Cobra

Yes I was concerned about the firewall and brakes. I added quite a bit more fiberglass to both the top of the foot box and the front of the box.

I used Wilwood circle track brake peddles with 2 master cylinders so I can "dial" the brakes front to back.

I also used the Wil wood clutch peddle assy.
I had to cut about 1 1/2 inch out of the peddles to keep them from hitting the floor. They are aluminum and I just welded them back together with "lots" of side filler at the seam.

I also added a plate for the top of the foot box...(see pics)
Along with making my own bracket for the peddles...this gave me a large sandwich area for the assembly. I can detect no flexing with this setup.

I used a gas peddle from Speedway Motors..I don't remember the brand I was just looking for a cable version with a small push peddle.

Roll Bar: I used the brackets in the kit and welded them to the frame. I then drilled thur the brackets and the bar. It is tricky to reach the bolts thru the bar but I found a way.

Sense you are asking I also had to replace all 4 shocks. the ones he gave me had no compression resistance. This is to supposed to give a soft ride but all I found was that I was bouncing off the bump stops all the time. Also the 9 inch shocks at the rear were at full extension at ride height this gave to up shocking action.
I replaced the rears with 14" and replaced the rear springs with 275 lbs instead of the 350 that I received.. the 350's were ok for the front.
Attached Images

Last edited by mooreken; 05-02-2015 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: add pictures
Old 05-01-2015, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hunter Cobra

As for the Beard....of course it is awesome.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunters,big block Chevy
Not Ranked     

Had to register to jump in here. Been lurking here for the past 3 years trying to gain knowledge. pulled the trigger on a 90'' Hunter 18 months ago and I love it, goes like snot, handles great, stops great. Put almost 4 thousand trouble free miles on it and like it better then the day I picked it up. The thing that impressed me the most was how helpful Randy Hunter was, his customer support is above and beyond anything I expected. He will take your calls and answer questions from owners even if you are not the builder, Truly a class act.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hunter Cobra

Yes Randy will talk "Cobra" for a long as you can stand it. So far I like the stance of the Hunter better than any of the others that I have seen. The car handles very well also. With a small block and aluminum heads and the battery in the back I have 53% rear weight, with a full tank...near 50/50 around half....I did up grade to a 19 gal tank..

Ken
Old 05-06-2015, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi guys,i want to have a set of aluminum sidepipes with aluminum race mufflers in them built.Does anyone out there have any ideas on where I can go to make this happen?Thanks guys .Im still figuring out how to use this part of the site.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1965 RU CRAFTERS 460
Not Ranked     

Have a Hunter build underway. Lost my eyesight and have to offer it up to a real gear head to finish and own. It has an LS 1 with twin Turbos. The torque tube was shortened to allow the transmission to be mounted in the rear. The wiring harness from the donor car is intact allowing for the mounting and use of the gauges, speedometer and throttle anti lock brakes as if it were a Corvette. Not sure how or where to post. Corvette aluminum chassis attached to the Hunter frame allows for the corvette wheels to be used. Unbelievable concept but at 66 I must give up the dream. Finishing it and unable to drive it is just not me.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

Mike,

I built a Hunter. I've since sold the car to finance my current build of a RCR SLC. My build album is here: Cobra Build Photos by pballent | Photobucket. Lots of pics of the completed car here:http://s2.photobucket.com/user/pball...?sort=6&page=2 I'd be happy to answer any questions.

I strengthened the firewall with some steel flat stock on the engine compartment side where I mounted the MCs.

Rollbars were mounted to the frame with brackets supplied by Hunter.

Pete

Duettospider67 likes this.

Last edited by PSB; 05-08-2015 at 07:10 AM..
Old 01-15-2020, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I know this thread is old, but I just purchased a Cobra, and discovered it's a Hunter. I'm looking for some assembly manuals. Anyone know where I can find a copy? Thx!
Old 01-25-2020, 02:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktall View Post
I know this thread is old, but I just purchased a Cobra, and discovered it's a Hunter. I'm looking for some assembly manuals. Anyone know where I can find a copy? Thx!
Never too old!

Is Hunter and Integrity one and the same? Anyone have a contact phone number?

What about that owners manual? ��
Old 01-25-2020, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

here's how I got the story ,so who knows if it's rite, Integrity sold about 50 cars, they also were in the Cobra parts bizz, they also were working on a GT 40 replica, the Cobra car stuff was sold off to form Hunter,( or maybe someone in between) the parts end of the company became Finishline Accessorys , or part of. Don't kill the messenger , it's just how I got the story, b
Old 08-16-2021, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter Cobra--460 with 4 speed top loader
Not Ranked     

Hi, all. New to this thread and saw some of these posts. I have a Hunter Cobra and am also looking for any kind of manual or other documents indicating what parts/components were used for future repair/rebuild reference. Any assistance anyone can provide is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-16-2021, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter Cobra--460 with 4 speed top loader
Not Ranked     

Pete,
I know the post is old, but do you have the photos for your cobra build stored anywhere else? The link on this thread no longer works. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2021, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

nick, you have a pm