CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

1. Are the cars to be Kirkham bodied?
A: some [one of the first two]
2. Are the cars to be McClusky bodied?
A: Neither of the first two.
3. Is there a master inventory being made.
A: The question is not clear. What do you mean by "master inventory"
4. Is that master inventory being cross referenced with the builds as the go to reflect dwindling inventory?
A: A build sheet will reflect components
5. Does the buyer get a detailed build sheet?
A: Don't know. [Opinion: I asked if they were being done but not if the owner will get one. I wouldn't know why not and if I were buying one I'd ask for it. Your honor I request that last statement be stricken from the record.]
6. Is there any chance at all your wife will let you buy one if you promise to move to a state that will let you register it?
A: No, she hates Cobras of any kind. I may still get one though since I can see out of it (unlike the GT) but it won't be one of these, too much for my blood. That said, what do the CSX1000's sell for?
7. Are all the MSO noted with the limitation "For closed course use/off road use only" or the equivalent?
A: I don't know. These MSOs are from the 90's era McClusky completions.
8. Can we get a build sheet of one of the first cars posted here? Did you ask?
A: I did not ask. [But I doubt they will share them with anyone except the owner. Ask the first buyer. Or become a buyer and ask for it before you purchase.]
9. Is the master inventory and build sheets verified as to the original parts by a known and respected expert and if so who???
A: Objection your honor, asks for an opinion. You're leading again. If you want to know ask Denbeste. I suspect you own a telephone.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 05-21-2015 at 09:35 AM..
Old 05-21-2015, 09:42 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
500k for first 3 cars (with 50K of that to the Museum, you can write it off).
Of course, there are AGI deductibility limitations with "write-offs", er, donations. Please consult with your tax advisor prior to purchase.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You two are sounding a lot like these guys:

Old 05-21-2015, 10:45 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
And then there's the "flock", or "sheep" if you will. The folks who so want to believe, and with such religious fervor, that they can't see the fallacy. Blasphemy! Don't you dare question the religious doctrine, unless of course, your own position within the community happens to be threatened.
Nah, I'm good, thanks. I'm a believer in and follower of the Registry which lays out the gospel with logical and clear facts and explanation. The Bible and world wide recognize #1 treatise of all things "Cobra".

It's those who have wandered from it's writings and espoused their own personal dogma and beliefs and opinions that have lost their way.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What they should do is drop the "X" from "CSX" since these frames are not exported from England. Maybe add a "D" for "Domestic" since the cars are being manufactured here.
Larry
Old 05-21-2015, 10:52 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
1. Are the cars to be Kirkham bodied?
A: some [one of the first two]
2. Are the cars to be McClusky bodied?
A: Neither of the first two.
3. Is there a master inventory being made.
A: The question is not clear. What do you mean by "master inventory"
4. Is that master inventory being cross referenced with the builds as the go to reflect dwindling inventory?
A: A build sheet will reflect components
5. Does the buyer get a detailed build sheet?
A: Don't know. [Opinion: I asked if they were being done but not if the owner will get one. I wouldn't know why not and if I were buying one I'd ask for it. Your honor I request that last statement be stricken from the record.]
6. Is there any chance at all your wife will let you buy one if you promise to move to a state that will let you register it?
A: No, she hates Cobras of any kind. I may still get one though since I can see out of it (unlike the GT) but it won't be one of these, too much for my blood. That said, what do the CSX1000's sell for?
7. Are all the MSO noted with the limitation "For closed course use/off road use only" or the equivalent?
A: I don't know. These MSOs are from the 90's era McClusky completions.
8. Can we get a build sheet of one of the first cars posted here? Did you ask?
A: I did not ask. [But I doubt they will share them with anyone except the owner. Ask the first buyer. Or become a buyer and ask for it before you purchase.]
9. Is the master inventory and build sheets verified as to the original parts by a known and respected expert and if so who???
A: Objection your honor, asks for an opinion. You're leading again. If you want to know ask Denbeste. I suspect you own a telephone.
Follow up if I may.

1. Who will be supplying the bodies for the rest of these cars after the first two builds?
2. Master inventory is just that. The master list of all the "original parts" utilized for this project. Not asking for opinion. Asking for fact. Objection overruled.
3. Will this master inventory if it is done or exist be updated to reflect dwindling supply.

I do own a phone but really don't care enough to call as I'm not interested in buying one of these cars for the price asked and have a basic idea of what they are doing and thought since you called you would share without an interrogation.

Last edited by REAL 1; 05-21-2015 at 11:12 AM..
Old 05-21-2015, 11:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

1. Who will be supplying the bodies for the rest of these cars after the first two builds?
A: The first two we know: Drew Serb and David Kirkham. It was not stated who is doing #3. So there are at least two sources.
2. Master inventory is just that. The master list of all the "original parts" utilized for this project. Not asking for opinion. Asking for fact. Objection overruled.
A: OK, then I'll speculate that the master list is on the bill of sale of the items from Carroll Shelby to Bill Denbeste. It's likely to be "tub of parts"
3. Will this master inventory if it is done or exist be updated to reflect dwindling supply.
A: Who knows how inventory will be managed by Denbeste. [Speculation: The results will be reflected in the build sheet for each car. At some point you'll see the build sheet for one car with "new old stock steering column" become "steering wheel column reproduced by xxx" or the like. As was speculated and explained, earlier cars will contain more original parts. Who knows what parts will not have enough to be original throughout. Maybe they will tell serious buyers. If you want to know when steering columns run out, call Denbeste.]
Old 05-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
I'm a believer in and follower of the Registry which lays out the gospel with logical and clear facts and explanation. The Bible and world wide recognize #1 treatise of all things "Cobra".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedsel View Post
Or, we could limit the SAAC registry to cars from the 60's that were actually built then, too.
That "Bible" you refer to can always change.

Quote:
It's those who have wandered from it's writings and espoused their own personal dogma and beliefs and opinions that have lost their way.
Unfortunately, those "writings" have changed over time, say kinda like transitions from the Old Testament to the New Testament to the Book of Morman, as one example.

(With no disrepsect to those who follow any particular religion. I'm only using the various religious scriptures to illustrate how writing and thinking can evolve with time and some may disagree with the newer gospel/writings/teachings).
Old 05-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Then I'm a believer in the current Testament.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'm a firm believer in SAAC's original mission:

"SAAC is dedicated to the preservation, care, history and enjoyment of cars from Shelby American, 1961-1970.

I'm still clinging to the "Old Testament", dated 1982.
Nedsel likes this.
Old 05-21-2015, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Inquiring minds want to know, are the bodies going to be uneven and not symmetrical just like they originals?

Dean
Old 05-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Amen Brother!
Old 05-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck View Post
Inquiring minds want to know, are the bodies going to be uneven and not symmetrical just like they originals?

Dean
Gauge of aluminum?
Old 05-21-2015, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Gauge of aluminum?
No I mean the front fenders, the rear flares, they radiator and oil coolers openings, and a few other things I might be missing, most of them if not all have been corrected over time. but when they were new if you lined up a dozen of them in a row you could see the differences. and just a note. I don't mean this as slam, I mentioning this as it was part of there charm each one being unique.

Dean

PS: I live down the street from Tasca Ford, and have had some pretty cool conversations with some of they old timers.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck View Post
No I mean the front fenders, the rear flares, they radiator and oil coolers openings, and a few other things I might be missing, most of them if not all have been corrected over time. but when they were new if you lined up a dozen of them in a row you could see the differences. and just a note. I don't mean this as slam, I mentioning this as it was part of there charm each one being unique.

Dean

PS: I live down the street from Tasca Ford, and have had some pretty cool conversations with some of they old timers.
As I have said many times before, you could line up 30 originals and every one will be different!
Old 05-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

On Cobra Country, CSX4094 was recently listed. CSX4094 is 1 of 4 Bill Elliott Editions:

http://www.cobracountry.com/cobra4sa...4-ny-plaks.jpg

Very nice. I wonder where these 4 Shelby Cobras fit in the hierarchy of Limited & Special Edition Shelby Cobras. Above or below the CSX3000 "Resurrection" Cobras? Personally, I'm a Gumball Rally fan more than a Bill Elliott fan.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Hillbank has CSX 1020 for sale right now for $240K:

http://www.cobracountry.com/cobra4sa...0-blak-BIG.jpg

Or you can build a CSX like Evan's for about $240K, which would you rather have?
Old 05-21-2015, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Or you can build a CSX like Evan's for about $240K, which would you rather have?
Wow, that is sweet but as explained in the other topic about the recently painted naked lady, black paint is also disallowed in my house. It started with my black Mercedes and when I got the Mustangs I knew it was an obsessive disorder - clean dust off, by the time you're done, it's dusty so start over. By the way, British Racing Green is dark enough that it was the same, except the Cobra was small enough I could take a break between passes.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Wow, that is sweet but as explained in the other topic about the recently painted naked lady, black paint is also disallowed in my house. It started with my black Mercedes and when I got the Mustangs I knew it was an obsessive disorder - clean dust off, by the time you're done, it's dusty so start over. By the way, British Racing Green is dark enough that it was the same, except the Cobra was small enough I could take a break between passes.
Buy it and ship it to McCluskey. Paint it any color you want.

When you pay $240K, probably less after negotiation, what's another $20K or whatever.
Old 05-21-2015, 03:30 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

That's a nice car no question. Depends which you would rather have. Mine is extensively more detailed and "correct" but if you want the "AC" connection you want the other one. Details are expensive and hard to do.

To me since neither is an original 3000 series chassis and both are genuine Shelbys one being a 1000 and the other a very early aluminum SAI 4000 which came with a lot more original details from the factory standard, personally it wouldn't matter to me. I would be happy with both.

Mine would take $240K to duplicate new and approximately 1.5 year wait... but we are talking a new car for that sum. Mine is 14 years old and has 8000 miles. If I sold it (which I have no plans to) I wouldn't ask $240K. Something less. Likely around $215K to $220K I think would be fair.

Last edited by REAL 1; 05-21-2015 at 03:50 PM..