Like Tree136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2016, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Beautiful car !! As far as the price .. Never say never !!! You never know when it just may hit someone who has to have it. Personally I don't like the raw alum look. I also wouldn't buy a car that would have to be painted.. Body shop jail sucks !! This car ya jump in an drive. Although a little to nice for me goin down a dirt road.

Good Luck Evan !!!

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 01-21-2016, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

Well I missed all the fireworks of Evan being permanently banned but I say good riddance. Every freaking thread he was ever in was how his car was a Real Cobra and everyone else had something else.

His ego was hard to get in the door.
PatBuckley and gthompson like this.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 01-21-2016, 06:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Like I've said before, He owns one of the most beautiful Cobra's there is and it's worth the asking price. I'm probably alone with this but I feel kind of bad he's selling it and definitely bad about him being banned. I never wanted it to reach that point.
Good luck with the sale Evan!
Larry
Old 01-21-2016, 06:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
Well I missed all the fireworks of Evan being permanently banned but I say good riddance. Every freaking thread he was ever in was how his car was a Real Cobra and everyone else had something else.

His ego was hard to get in the door.
I'll second that...
Old 01-21-2016, 06:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
Like I've said before, He owns one of the most beautiful Cobra's there is and it's worth the asking price. I'm probably alone with this but I feel kind of bad he's selling it and definitely bad about him being banned. I never wanted it to reach that point.
Good luck with the sale Evan!
Larry
No, you're not alone.
Blue66, jolsen42, FatBoy and 1 others like this.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Evan, buy the 997 RS 4.0. That's top of the heap driver's car IMO. Buy it in a PTS (paint to sample) color like riviera blue or viper green.

Porsche, there is no substitute. I'd keep the Cobra, Porsche and the FGT but that's me.

Evan was fun to get riled up. I'll miss him, but he really was a one trick pony.
Old 01-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Evan, buy the 997 RS 4.0. That's top of the heap driver's car IMO. Buy it in a PTS (paint to sample) color like riviera blue or viper green.
Beige, maybe?
Old 01-21-2016, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
I think Evan would be rather amused. It only takes the mention of his name and the wisecracks floodgate starts to open.
Evan - I hope we don't lose you from this forum

Cheers,
Glen
....did I miss something? Is Evan totally and permanently banned, as in for good??
Old 01-21-2016, 07:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I didn't know he got booted, but I've been around here for over 10 years so I'm not surprised he finally got the gate. He is like bathing with sandpaper. I think all he wanted was to be acknowledged as an owner of an original Cobra without being one. He was just one of us, but couldn't accept that. He wanted to be number one. Who knows, maybe he'll buy a real one and return under a different name and wave it under our noses. "Good Luck" Evan.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

I do miss him. He took me offline several years ago and called me every name in the book. So easy to poke the bear when you know where his soft spot is.
Love the car, not so much the owner.
At least this time he isn't advertising it as an ORIGINAL Shelby cobra. Learned his lesson after we all called him on it.
All it takes is one buyer that wants as close to an original as they can get without paying for an original. Then he'll get his price.
Personally, I don't think he'll get it.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:17 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Beige, maybe?
And I'm quite sure that Evan will insist on twin roll bars too!
Old 01-21-2016, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
....did I miss something? Is Evan totally and permanently banned, as in for good??
Yep. He was on double secret probation and blew it!
Old 01-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Yep. He was on double secret probation and blew it!
Well, if you ignore all the name-calling of members, insults of all varieties to various Cobra manufacturers (the most recent, but no less infamous "wheat versus chaff" comment), condescending behavior, posting outdated text from dead web links, bringing presidential politics into the discussion which is "verboten", and finally taking Jamo to task multiple times, even though Jamo was the one giving him a VERY long leash for his Ted Kaczynski-like "lunatic" and verbose rants, but for all that, I thought he was a really nice guy.

Nice car though.
boxhead likes this.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

I was taught that if you can't say something nice about someone you shouldn't say anything at all. ....... I'm done.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 01-21-2016, 08:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Come on, can't you see why its priced over other continuation cars? Black distributor cap. Authenticity costs money gentlemen.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:03 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Put me down for missing him too. He got under a lot of peoples skin but we have a choice in how we react. I love this site as much as anybody but we take each other too seriously.
Yeah, it's overpriced IMO, but if he drops it a bit more, it could to Europe at a very nice (top $) price.
ACademic likes this.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Beige, maybe?
There's a very rare wide body (C2S), last year of the air-cooled 911's (1998), low miles, and for sale in a rare Paint To Sample color called mirage metallic (beige). The car just sits on the market unsold. Beige kills resale.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Folks, I knew Evan longer than the vast majority of you...partied with him, talked with him off line and generally enjoyed his wit, intelligence and knowledge both here and during the early days of the Gasholes site when he stopped by. Put my hands on his car a few times, and witnessed the loving touches it incorporates. I cannot think of the number of times, well before I became a moderator, we shared threads with the other old timers here (and some we have lost)...through the fun of the Gasholes vs. Crankoids, the nervousness of Shelby's battles with the rest of the industry, the shared hurt of 9/11 and a multitude of other subjects that have come and gone through the years. Personally, his ongoing proclamations about his car simply never bothered me...part of his charm if you could call it that. I suspended him several times through the years...including some lengthy periods (months), and sometimes he left of his own accord, coming back under a new name. Unfortunately, the ongoing issues would reemerge again and again, and new generations of members would be drawn into battle. The last six months before he left resulted in more PMs and emails from folks here than I've received ever before...notably many of the normally quiet ones who often looked the other way and cautioned patience on his behalf who had regrettably reached the conclusion that the time had come.

Banning him was the single most difficult thing I've ever done here and it weighs heavily on me. I knew being a moderator was going to be tough. Never imagined this though.

That being said, it is what it is and I'd do it again if the same scenario arises, regardless of who it is.

That's more than I meant to say about this, but I just needed to say it. That's all I'm going to say though.

Just hope the hell he gets every penny for what he's asking.
boxhead, jolsen42 and cycleguy55 like this.

Last edited by Jamo; 01-22-2016 at 12:22 AM..
Old 01-22-2016, 12:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

...correct...correct...correct...correct...MSD...c orrect...correct...correct...dual plain (sic)...correct...correct...correct...dual (electric ) pusher fans...correct...correct...extra cooling jackets...correct...correct...high nickel...correct...correct...peddles (sic)...correct...correct...

8,400 miles in 15 years? Seems to have spent more time typing than driving.

Someone fleeing the markets might look to this as a more tangible asset to hold; real estate prices seem to have an inverse relationship to stock indices for the same reason.

Posted in another thread about how companies like Factory Five will soon be able to sell turnkey cars, not just kits and parts. Perhaps Shelby will soon begin selling REAL Cobras again?

Last edited by Dumpling; 01-22-2016 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: Correcting incorrect spelling
Old 01-22-2016, 02:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Evan has some other very nice cars too and I hope that he gets what he is asking for the Cobra. Wish I could afford to buy it. I believe he is thinking about one of the 2017 GT-350Rs now if he can get one. I enjoyed my chats and PMs with him.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery