• 1 Post By patrickt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2017, 04:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     
Default Fatal error message in the forum

What is happening to the access to forums within the forum, I keep getting a fatal error and cannot see the postings to the these forums I.E. West Coast Cobra Owners???
Old 08-16-2017, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Brent's working on it.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Lou,

As Jamo said, Brent is working on several problems. I have no problem at all accessing any of the Forums or threads. And I have did it on both of my computers running two different OSs and using 3 different Browsers. But some people are also having problems even getting logged on and this is no easy thing to trace down.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-16-2017, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

I've been going in the "back door" for about a week now. I click on a bookmarked post and log in on that page. Just don't click on "portal".

Ted
Old 08-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I can get the fatal error on demand, and make it go away, on demand. If my browser, any browser, has been completely closed, and I open it and go to Welcome to Club Cobra...The world's largest non-biased Cobra site! - Club Cobra I almost always get this error message:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1835008) (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\includes\funct ions.php on line 2836

Regardless of how many times I refresh that tab, I get the same error. But if I then open a new tab and go directly to a single post, which then shows me as being logged in, I can then refresh the first tab and it will get right through, but with a parse error like this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\includes\funct ions.php(5723) : eval()'d code(17) : eval()'d code on line 3

It is easily repeatable and, if I had to guess, I would say it has something to do with the server software noting that you are logged in, as opposed to not being logged in, and attempting to display the page accordingly.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Patrickt,

I have tried both ways and I don't get that error at any time now. I can come on and not log in and open any forum or post that any guest is allowed to with no problem. And I can come directly to the Forums and log in with no problems.

Ron

Old 08-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Patrickt,

I have tried both ways and I don't get that error at any time now. I can come on and not log in and open any forum or post that any guest is allowed to with no problem. And I can come directly to the Forums and log in with no problems.

Ron
Yes, it is a bug based on the individual user's configuration. Last week, I was pretty sure Club Cobra was completely down, because I got the same error message on five different computers, all running different OS's, and all running different browsers. Everything from Microsoft Edge to Firefox, to IE, you name it. But all had me logged in by default on that particular machine. Then, I just happened to go to Club Cobra on a device that did not have me logged in, as I hardly ever browse with it, and *poof* I got right through as "Guest." I then went back to my other machines, and could not get through. And that put me on the trail....
dcdoug likes this.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I wonder if they actually logged out instead of just hitting the red X in the upper corner if that would help any. I guess my computers are just not seeing what some are as I can't get any error on either with any browser no matter how I try it. I do see that Parse error across the top[ though.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Yes, it is a bug based on the individual user's configuration. Last week, I was pretty sure Club Cobra was completely down, because I got the same error message on five different computers, all running different OS's, and all running different browsers. Everything from Microsoft Edge to Firefox, to IE, you name it. But all had me logged in by default on that particular machine. Then, I just happened to go to Club Cobra on a device that did not have me logged in, as I hardly ever browse with it, and *poof* I got right through as "Guest." I then went back to my other machines, and could not get through. And that put me on the trail....

Old 08-16-2017, 10:06 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
I wonder if they actually logged out instead of just hitting the red X in the upper corner if that would help any. I guess my computers are just not seeing what some are as I can't get any error on either with any browser no matter how I try it. I do see that Parse error across the top[ though.

Ron
Well, I could envision the bug being something like this: Upon getting a page request, the server script looks for evidence of being logged in (so it can dun you with ads or not). If that evidence is there, but it is not "timely," or it is malformed in some way, then it chokes on creating certain pages, but not all. So if you request a different page, the timeliness or malformation is then ignored, the page is displayed and you are noted as logged in, and the refresh of the previous tab goes through because the evidence is now timely, or un-malformed. Now, that's just a guess, mind you....
Old 08-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Ah,yes...the fine art of bit diddling ( note the carefull word usage ).

Tru
Old 08-17-2017, 03:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Patrickt,

I think that you have gotten pretty close to the problem but it could be just floating around and really hard to pin down and get rid of.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Well, I could envision the bug being something like this: Upon getting a page request, the server script looks for evidence of being logged in (so it can dun you with ads or not). If that evidence is there, but it is not "timely," or it is malformed in some way, then it chokes on creating certain pages, but not all. So if you request a different page, the timeliness or malformation is then ignored, the page is displayed and you are noted as logged in, and the refresh of the previous tab goes through because the evidence is now timely, or un-malformed. Now, that's just a guess, mind you....

Old 08-17-2017, 04:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Here's a note I sent Brent:
Quote:
Brent,
Some more data for you about the difficulty of connecting with clubcobra.

If I try to connect using an Apple desktop with either Safari or Firefox, I get the "Fatal error..." message and no more.
If I use an iPad/Safari combo, it connects fine.

If I use Firefox on an IBM PC, same "Fatal error..."
If I use Microsoft Edge on the same IBM PC, it connects just fine.

If you're doing detective work, I thought possibly these data points might help.

Happy hunting,

Tom
BTW, this page I'm on (and most others) have a new banner at the top:
Quote:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\includes\funct ions.php(5723) : eval()'d code(17) : eval()'d code on line 3
This thing needs to be put in the shop for an overall tuneup!

Tom
Old 08-17-2017, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Odd, but this time I'm not getting any issues except for the parse error thing that has been around for a month or two. I stay logged in though.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 08-17-2017 at 07:32 AM..
Old 08-17-2017, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I could not connect to the site without going into History, but it has been working fine the last few days. It works fine on my Ipad and has for quite a while.