Old 01-24-2018, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     
Default Cruise-In at Peterson Museum - Jan 27

Shelby Legendary Cars
Cruise-In at Peterson Museum - Jan 27
Anyone planning to make a showing at this event?
I think the 2 new Bondurant Tribute cars that debuted Barrett Jackson will be in attendance.
I plan on attending. Would like to see a few familiar names and cars attending.
Hoping the weather is good there, better than snow in Chicago.

Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 01-24-2018, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford Racing 363/8-stack injection, SPFR0012
Not Ranked     

Depending on the weather, yea!! I might try to make it, but 0012 is still being fixed.

Mark.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

I have been planning on it. I heard this morning that the winds are returning this weekend.

jason
Old 01-24-2018, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok, "the winds"..... I'm from Chicago. Here "the winds" refers to our local politicians speaking pubically.... usually about something they deemed good for the general population like Red Light cameras, or increased property taxes. Should I be concerned? Chicago is the "Windy City"... think your winds stack up to ours? Ha ha ha ... hoping the weather is favorable..
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B 289
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby cruise

My lovely child bride and I will be in attendance. Also going to make the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona that weekend.

Information on the O'Reilly Grand National Roadster Show
Old 01-24-2018, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Blas,

Winds for us are the "Santa Ana's". Very dry and strong depending on where you are. 20-35 mph sustained are common with gusts at 40-50 are typical.
The down slopes and some canyon areas can see 80+ mph.
brush Fires become a big deal fast.

Jason
Old 01-24-2018, 10:52 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Not loving the date change.
Sunday (and earlier) would have been so much better.
Driving through LA mid morning on a Sat?
No thanks.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks....... We will also be doing both those events Friday and Saturday....

Old 01-24-2018, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Friday Night at Bobs Big Boy in Toluca Lake is cool as well. Anthony (Boosalis) Usually brings at least one of his Original Comp cars.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have tried to make Bob's Big Boy my last three trips out west but either the weather or something else always prevented a visit....
George Barris's shop is another place that also seems to get bumped each time I visit. I have done SO-CAL, NHRA Museum, Riverside Raceway Museum, MOON Equipment, and a couple other custom car joints I had stumbled across while out there. Also did Cars and Coffee once
Would like to do Lynn Parks garage, McCluskey's shop, and AAR but under the circumstances, decided against visiting AAR this trip. Always open to suggestions.... thanks.
Blas

Old 01-27-2018, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As a first timer to this event, I must say I was impressed. A great cross- section of Shelby cars were in attendance. Had a chance to talk with Lynn Park and a few other owners of original cars. Was a beautiful day, and the sun was shining.... no wind as was previously mentioned.
Shelby Legendary Cars had one of the two Bondurant Tribute Cobra’s there so I was able to get the remaining photos I needed for that Tribute Owner’s Manual.
The Bondurant Tribute Coupe was also there to enjoy. Great day.
Blas

Old 01-28-2018, 08:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#2352/Aluminum SO/490 c.i. 650 h.p. 605 tq.
Not Ranked     

Enjoyed the event. Unfortunately one of our guys spun his Cobra on the way up there and did significant damage due to kissing a guard rail

I won a magnum of champaign for my #8 Cobra people choice award.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, I saw his car with the damage..... right front and windshield. No injuries hopefully.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

just his ego
Old 01-28-2018, 11:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shamrock
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmit View Post
just his ego
That's something Cobras are very good at - damaging one's ego if you take liberties.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B & B 289
Not Ranked     
Default Cruise in pics

More in my album Club Cobra - indianamoon's Album: 2018 Shelby cruise in at Petersen

Last edited by indianamoon; 01-30-2018 at 06:59 AM..
Old 01-30-2018, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake2998 View Post
That's something Cobras are very good at - damaging one's ego if you take liberties.
absolutely !!!!!
Old 02-12-2018, 02:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 963, 351W
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianamoon View Post
Any details on what appears to be a chopped down rag top? It looks way better than my goofy-hat rag top!