Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cycleguy55

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2018, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR with 302
Not Ranked     
Default Do 15" wheels with 4 lugs still exist?

I have worn out the search feature and Google to no avail....I can't find any 4 lug 15" wheels, does anyone still produce them?

I have 17 year old PSE wheels that I love, but wanted to see what else is around. Every 15" wheel I've found is a 5 bolt pattern.

I am a complete rookie when it comes to wheels and tires so if the answer is simple please laugh to yourself....

I really want to stick with 15 inch wheels and would love a Halibrand type. Also what about wheel spinners? I emailed vintage (who I think took over PSE) but no word back yet from them. I need the O rings to hold my spinners on and would like a back up spinner should one ever come off....These o rings have worked great but you know one day will come.

Thanks guys for any advice, heres a shot of my current wheel. Would love to find a similar look.

IMG_4492 3 by Randy Mally, on Flickr
Old 05-07-2018, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You may want to Contact ET wheels and see if they will custom drill you a set of their AC-III bolt on wheels. ET Wheels by Team III Wheels

They do sell caps for your PSE wheels. ET Wheels by Team III Wheels

(The links above are to different web pages)

Another option would be to upgrade your hubs and brake rotors to a 5 lug in front and New axles and rotors in the rear.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

It seems to me you have 3 options:
  1. Replace / upgrade your hubs and brake rotors to a 5 lug in front and new axles and rotors in the rear. You may be able to have them re-drilled by a machine shop, but that's likely not going to be much less money than just replacing them.
  2. Locate a set of 4 lug wheels - likely custom.
  3. Use 5 lug wheels with adapters. You'd most likely need different offsets on the wheels to compensate for adapter thickness.
These options are presented in most-favoured to least-favoured order.

Just my $0.02.
Ron61 likes this.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '65 Shelby Cobra, '66 Shelby GT350's
Not Ranked     

Hopefully you hear back from Vintage wheel, under Cobra wheels they list quite a few different kit car specific wheels.

6S1806, 1966 Shelby GT350 B/P Race car.
6S246, Shelby GT350 "carryover"
6S1745 Shelby GT350
Old 05-07-2018, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR with 302
Not Ranked     

Many thanks for the replies, the upgrade has been on my mind so maybe my wheel dilemma will finally push me to do it.

How "intensive" would the upgrade be for a shade tree at best mechanic like myself? I haven't searched yet, just thought I'd ask you guys who have done it.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I agree with what Brian said above.

Replace / upgrade your hubs and brake rotors to a 5 lug in front and new axles and rotors in the rear. You may be able to have them re-drilled by a machine shop, but that's likely not going to be much less money than just replacing them

As for losing the spinners use some safety wire when you put them on.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-09-2018, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

My 1985 Ford Thunderbird had 15" tires/wheels with a 4 bolt pattern, IIRC. Try that application...I have no idea about wheel width or offset, though.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Doug

No names were changed to protect the innocent!