Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2018, 10:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     
Default replacement wiper blades ?

I now need to replace the wiper blades. The rubber blade is coming apart. Is there a will fit or replacement other than from FINISHLINE? What did you do other than the same old thing? What do I ask for? I have used the wipers and they are nice to have when you need them.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I don't know about what kind you need to fit your car but I just took one of my old ones down to NAPA and they looked until we found some that would work. I don't even know what number they were or what car they were supposed to work on.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-13-2018, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

I bought replacement blades from Moss Motors in Goleta, CA (near Santa Barbra)
https://mossmotors.com/
I seem to recall they matched up to a MG B.
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 08-13-2018, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Michael
Try Rick Muck at Time Machines or Randall at Cobra Valley
Old 08-13-2018, 09:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I went out looking for myself. The local European motors didn't have a clue. Tomorrow I'll try Brooklands. My wipers have 8" blades . The stainless steel wiper arm has " TEX made in England". The wiper blade has a stainless steel flexible support mechanism for the rubber blade it has "TEX stainless" stamped on it. The arm is connected to the blade with a spring loaded rivet that you pull up on to get the arm out of the blade assy. I still do not know what it was all from. The car was built in 84 and I've had since 99.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

https://www.honestcharley.com/hot-ro...es-8-inch.html

early fords 32-48 had 8" blades too

Last edited by FWB; 08-13-2018 at 09:49 PM..
Old 08-13-2018, 10:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Street Beasts Cobra 427 S/C, 502 cid
Not Ranked     

Is there any particular reason that you plan to avoid buying from Finishline Accessories?
Old 08-14-2018, 08:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I went to Brooklands British Cars here in Tacoma. He, the counter guy, identified it as the spoon type and He had 8" and 9" blades on the peg board. He Only one 8" but he had three 9" Blades . One 9" blade package had cardboard inside plastic package "TEX CLASSIC" a silver Label in package" B00309 wiper blade Viewmaster range spoon type". A Small stick on label on the clear package said "GWB145 wiper blade". The TEX stuff is made in England. Then he had two packages that said "made in CHINA". I bought the one TEX and one made in CHINA 9" blades. The China wasn't as heavy as the TEX. The bracket that the arm spoon tip went into to connect with on the China blade was loose. It was attached by six tabs on the bracket and six small slots in the blade frame same as TEX. The China blade bracket wasn't as heavy material and the tabs weren't bent over as well as the TEX blade was. I think there is a big difference between 9" TEX made in England and the made in China wiper blades. Brooklands accepted my made in China wiper blade return and offered to reorder but said they had no control whether he'd get another TEX or made in CHINA. For my self, there is a big difference. SO I'm NOT DONE YET.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 08-18-2018 at 08:33 AM..
Old 08-17-2018, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

I don't know but they look just like the ones sold for street rods like I have on my 39 Studebaker.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Outside the Brooklands garage there was an MG. It had three sets of wipers for more coverage. It looked like another good idea. Though not traditional Cobra and I just don't drive in rain more than I'd have to. Still no top and car gets really squirrely in rain.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

yeah, it won't be the rain on the windshield being the enemy, the rain running down your face will negate anything the wipers are doing.......been to that party too many times
Old 08-29-2018, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I waited for Brooklands British Car to get their order in, No Tex wipers available from their supplier, In my size. I ended up ordering Real TEX GWB145 from Motoring Classics in UK. Good web site, more information on screen without having to bging up other pages or make long distance phone calls. I called Moss and found their wipers were made in Taiwan, not TEX. Ebay add, was from UK but not TEX and made made elsewhere. The made in China wipers weren't anywhere as good as the TEX Classic made in UK. Original for Austin Healey Sprite 65 - 72 9 inch long," spoon type" arm to wiper blade connection. Shipping was as much as the parts I went from 8 inch to 9 inch I found more rubber blade replacements in 9 inch. TEX wiper blades come in three finishes- Bright SS, Hand Polished SS, and Black. I spent hours getting to this point. It's just money and if you do not want any more wiper problems with this stuff again.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 08-29-2018 at 02:29 PM..
Old 08-31-2018, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. #505
Not Ranked     

I bought some cheep-ass refills at Autozone that had a plastic "rail" on them. I think they were 18" long. I cut the rubber with a razor blade and the plastic with a cutoff wheel. They fit right into my original frames. They work great for less than $5.00.