Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2019, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile QuickJack purchase

Anyone looking to purchase a QuickJack 5000, Costco has them on sale online for $999.99. The ad is good until 2/28/19
Old 02-12-2019, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kwik lift or quickJack? One better than the other? preferences?
Old 02-13-2019, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Costco Canada has both the BL-5000SLX 2273 kg (5000 lb.) and BL-7000SLX 3182 kg (7000 lb.) versions at regular price. Apparently no comparable sale by Costco Canada.

BTW, has anyone used the BL-7000SLX 3182 kg (7000 lb.) version with their Cobra? I'm curious as it's slightly longer, than the BL-5000SLX. It's only an extra $100, but can obviously be used with vehicles too heavy for 5,000 lb. version (e.g. pickup trucks, full size SUVs).
ront49 likes this.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

I have the 5000. The 7000 was too long for my SPF369. The 5000 lifts my SPF with no issue (although SPF's chassis geometry makes it a bit tricky as the QuickJacks need to be pretty far inboard). It should also work with my Audi A7, but I need the adaptors to lift the Euro body panel. If you're like me and don't have room for a proper lift, the QuickJack is a pretty nice tool, especially at $1k.

Last edited by ACHiPo; 02-14-2019 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Correction and clarity
Old 02-14-2019, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 418
Not Ranked     
Talking Quick Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
Costco Canada has both the BL-5000SLX 2273 kg (5000 lb.) and BL-7000SLX 3182 kg (7000 lb.) versions at regular price. Apparently no comparable sale by Costco Canada.

BTW, has anyone used the BL-7000SLX 3182 kg (7000 lb.) version with their Cobra? I'm curious as it's slightly longer, than the BL-5000SLX. It's only an extra $100, but can obviously be used with vehicles too heavy for 5,000 lb. version (e.g. pickup trucks, full size SUVs).
Yes, I bought the 7K Quick Jack...forget how much it was or even who I bought it from....I'll look it up after this thread. Anyway to answer your question, yes my BDR fits great as does my wife's 460 Lexus. One of the best purchases I've made for the shop.
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 02-14-2019, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

I have the 3500 model which is plenty for the Cobra, and I use it on my 2011 Mustang GT
https://youtu.be/jO8vx0-LfAc
Old 02-14-2019, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
I have the 5000. The 7000 was too long for my SPF369. The 5000 lifts my SPF with no issue (although SPF's chassis geometry makes it a bit tricky as the QuickJacks need to be pretty far inboard). It should also work with my Audi A7, but I need the adaptors to lift the Euro body panel. If you're like me and don't have room for a proper lift, the QuickJack is a pretty nice tool, especially at $1k.
Considering there's only 1" length difference between the BL-5000SLX and BL-7000SLX and my WCC is 6" longer between the wheels than an SPF, the BL-7000SLX should work just fine.

I do note the BL-5000EXT and BL-7000EXT models are each 5" longer than their respective SLX models, but I'm not looking at EXT models.
Old 02-15-2019, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR, 418
Not Ranked     

I ordered mine thru Eastwood ... very satisfied with their service.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #720
Not Ranked     

Thanks very much for the heads up on this, I've been thinking about getting one and this might just put me over the top.
Old 02-15-2019, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, SB 331 Stroker
Not Ranked     

I too have considered one of these several times, have read many reviews and watched videos. One question: Do you feel comfortable working under the car using this lift?
Old 02-15-2019, 06:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo2 View Post
I too have considered one of these several times, have read many reviews and watched videos. One question: Do you feel comfortable working under the car using this lift?
The locking mechanism is very secure. The only scary thing I've had happen is the second time I used it and didn't check the air pressure that assists the hydraulics. One lift raised, the other didn't, and I had a heck of a time getting the raised lift to lower. Ended up having to jack the car up and put it on jack stands, put air in the cylinders, then it worked as it was supposed to.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 3018 - Lykins 289 H.O. SBF
Not Ranked     

Just placed an order for one. Even though I have a lift, this jack is much more versatile.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have the 3500 model which is plenty for the Cobra, and I use it on my 2011 Mustang GT.
The larger units weigh a lot which is why I went with the smaller unit.
Yes I work under it, but I don't do a lot of heavy work that shoves the car around. More like oil changes and small adjustments. I wouldn't remove a transmission or something similar without putting jack stands under it to back it up.

Last edited by lnfletcher; 02-18-2019 at 05:55 AM..
Old 02-18-2019, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnfletcher View Post
I have the 3500 model which is plenty for the Cobra, and I use it on my 2011 Mustang GT.
Yes I work under it, but I don't do a lot of heavy work that shoves the car around. More like oil changes and small adjustments. I wouldn't remove a transmission or something similar without putting jack stands under it to back it up.
Right, just put jack stands under it for backup safety.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacobb View Post
Right, just put jack stands under it for backup safety.
That's easier said than done, at least with my jack stands. The jack stands have 1" adjustments, which don't correspond to where the QuickJack height is when locked. I think the QuickJack is plenty secure when used properly.
Old 02-18-2019, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427sc
Not Ranked     

I picked up the 3500 set shortly after taking ownership of an ERA 427 last Spring, and it's gotten a ton of use. I always also set up jack stands as well just in case. I've got the aluminum 2-ton set from Harbor Freight. The rear set fits just about perfect at the highest settings (both lift and jacks) with the rubber covers. The front needs to go on the cross bar that is raised a bit further than the side frames, so I've been using the extra rubber blocks that came with the lift to make up the difference. Close, but not perfect, and never sure if things would just immediately tumble down if there was ever a problem, but seems better than nothing.

That said, the stands in the front are often in the way.

The lifts themselves need to be inset under the car since they are too long to fit between the front and rear wheels. This winds up not leaving enough room in between to roll my creeper. Maybe I need to find a narrower one. Funny story, I convinced my wife to ride with me to Harbor Freight when I went to pick it up, but then discovered it wouldn't fit in the trunk, so I had to send her home in an Uber while I drove home with the creeper in the passenger seat! I guess that should have been a clue.

I've been eyeing the Sunex peg-like jack stands as a replacement, but haven't pulled the trigger on those yet. I'd love a set with that form factor that had screw like adjustment for guaranteeing a perfect fit.

My other concern with the lifts it that I'm always tempted to reach through them (e g. to grab a tool), but immediately hear that voice in the back of my head warning, "this is how you lose an arm!". The QuickJack folks have a great video of severely overloading one of their jacks, but still..
ACHiPo likes this.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Be careful:

2011 Mustang GT curb weight:

Coupe:
Convertible:
Old 02-20-2019, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post

Yeah, I figure they built in a little fudge factor. Depends also where you find the weight figures. some are as low as 3500. Been using it on it for a over a year, no issues.
After all, check out this?
https://youtu.be/83Qv3j6MZwg

I find it curious that Moriarty has to "The lifts themselves need to be inset under the car since they are too long to fit between the front and rear wheels." on a 3500 unit. My Cobra is the standard wheelbase and my 3500 fit between the wheels fine. That's one reason I bought the 3500 (8" shorter) instead of the 5000 unit.

Last edited by lnfletcher; 02-20-2019 at 07:44 AM..
Old 02-20-2019, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Yeah, I figure they built in a little fudge factor. Depends also where you find the weight figures. some are as low as 3500. Been using it on it for a over a year, no issues.
After all, check out this?
https://youtu.be/83Qv3j6MZwg

I find it curious that Moriarty has to "The lifts themselves need to be inset under the car since they are too long to fit between the front and rear wheels." on a 3500 unit. My Cobra is the standard wheelbase and my 3500 fit between the wheels fine. That's one reason I bought the 3500 (8" shorter) instead of the 5000 unit.
I only lift on the main tubes, and they're well inboard of the tires, so WB isn't really an issue. My wife's Infiniti will lift from the body seam, but the WB is 112" so obviously no problem.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So, my Quickjack arrived today. Missing one 2" block but otherwise everything is there.

Sent in a request to get the missing part; somewhat of a hassle as I had to look up the serial number, which requires an electron microscope to read, but OK, whatever.

The operation manual is very good.

Overall the kit looks decent. First job will be to use it on wife's car to change brake pads and rotors.

The ERA main frame is well inside the wheelbase, which is good since this thing is 69" long and won't fit between the tires.

Hope it's a good purchase and if so wish I had bought this years ago.
cycleguy55 and ACHiPo like this.