Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2019, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3
Not Ranked     
Default Home Garage Car Lifts

Besides the QuickJack which has been widely discussed elsewhere in this forum, what other low- to mid-rise home garage car-lifts do you guys use? I have seen the Ezcarlift (https://www.ezcarlift.com) and the Autolift3000 (https://www.autoliftproduction.com) which both does not use any hydraulics. Not cheap though...
What other ones lift all four wheels off the ground that have a small footprint and is relatively affordable?
Old 03-10-2019, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

That EZ Car Lift looks pretty trick.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #509, 347 S
Not Ranked     

My garage lacks the necessary ceiling height to put in a post lift.

That said, right now I’m using a Kwik-Lift (with a couple of bridges and jack stands for when I need to remove the wheels)… https://www.kwik-lift.com/products/kwik-lift/ … but that EZ Car Lift looks VERY interesting.

The Kwik-Lift is rock solid dependable… but the drawback to it is it sits on the garage floor ALL of the time as a sort of ramp… because it’s too heavy to assemble/disassemble and move every time I want to use it. I end up parking on mine… but it would be nice to have additional garage floor space from time to time.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

Save your money for a real lift.Remember the old saying {Better to spend to much than not enough.} That one definitely applies to this one.If not save money use hydraulic floor jack with Jack stands. {also portable}. Oh yeah I"ve seen many of racers use them, in the pits, under their canopies too.
desgros@vtlink. likes this.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC GT 427
Not Ranked     

^^^ What he said x10. I have a Rotary 4 post lift and it works great, going on 10 years, top of the line quality.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomdel View Post
Besides the QuickJack which has been widely discussed elsewhere in this forum, what other low- to mid-rise home garage car-lifts do you guys use? I have seen the Ezcarlift (https://www.ezcarlift.com) and the Autolift3000 (https://www.autoliftproduction.com) which both does not use any hydraulics. Not cheap though...
What other ones lift all four wheels off the ground that have a small footprint and is relatively affordable?

Check out some old service stations that are not using / looking to get rid of their old air over hydraulic lifts. Other than the ramps which you will need to drive the car on to, The lift only requires a 14 inch diameter hole in your garage floor about twelve or so feet deep.

You'll should immediately remember the lift when you see the man cave pic below.

Ed
Attached Images

moore_rb likes this.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1993 Excalibur Cobra, 351W 400hp+
Send a message via AIM to TX-Excalibur Send a message via MSN to TX-Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to TX-Excalibur
Not Ranked     

I have invested in a MaxJax two column lift that should arrive this week. I have a 10' ceiling so it should work alright at the 45" max height advertised. I am also going to install two cable winches to the rafters for added safety.
120mm likes this.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratchbuild, 289 FIA Replica
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Excalibur View Post
I have invested in a MaxJax two column lift that should arrive this week. I have a 10' ceiling so it should work alright at the 45" max height advertised. I am also going to install two cable winches to the rafters for added safety.
That thing looks like the cat's *ss for lower ceiling garages.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #812 427/482 FE
Not Ranked     

I installed a MaxJax in my garage last year and am happy with it. My ceiling height is 10 feet, but it would work just as well in an 8 foot ceiling garage. I liked the fact that you can unbolt it and move it out of the way if needed. At 6000 lb capacity, it lifts my cobra with little effort.

Make sure your slab meets the minimum requirements. Mine did. I used the wedge anchors that came with the lift and have not had any issues.

If you watch the Danmar website, you can catch it on sale. They offer free shipping. I picked it up at the freight dock and unloaded it with my engine hoist.
TX-Excalibur likes this.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #318, 418 CI, 532 RWHP, Mass Flow Injected, TKO600-Road Race, BMW M3 Suspension, Race Springs (Wouldn't do it again, rough on the street).
Not Ranked     

I put one in the floor for the first time for me. Always had post lifts in the race shops but this time in a new home shop I wanted the floor clear and clean. There are some things you can't do with a scissor lift I suppose but it's been a few years now and I just don't have any regrets at all. This one supposedly has a 7000 lb capacity, but I never plan to test that or even close. Wasn't cheap but it's been flawless. Good luck!
Attached Images

Gaz64, Kobura, Jaydee and 4 others like this.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrogers55 View Post
Wasn't cheap but it's been flawless. Good luck!
That is a great setup!
Old 03-11-2019, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1993 Excalibur Cobra, 351W 400hp+
Send a message via AIM to TX-Excalibur Send a message via MSN to TX-Excalibur Send a message via Yahoo to TX-Excalibur
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBit View Post
I installed a MaxJax in my garage last year and am happy with it. My ceiling height is 10 feet, but it would work just as well in an 8 foot ceiling garage. I liked the fact that you can unbolt it and move it out of the way if needed. At 6000 lb capacity, it lifts my cobra with little effort.

Make sure your slab meets the minimum requirements. Mine did. I used the wedge anchors that came with the lift and have not had any issues.

If you watch the Danmar website, you can catch it on sale. They offer free shipping. I picked it up at the freight dock and unloaded it with my engine hoist.
The Danmar website had a Valentines special that ran during the month of February offering the 6000 lb capacity lift for $1599, free shipping and no tax.
If I get the same results you did, it will be well worth it!
Old 03-11-2019, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Excalibur View Post
The Danmar website had a Valentines special that ran during the month of February offering the 6000 lb capacity lift for $1599, free shipping and no tax.
If I get the same results you did, it will be well worth it!
You did well, that’s about what I paid for it. PM me if you have any questions on the install. I live in NE Dallas, so not far from you.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrogers55 View Post
I put one in the floor for the first time for me. Always had post lifts in the race shops but this time in a new home shop I wanted the floor clear and clean. There are some things you can't do with a scissor lift I suppose but it's been a few years now and I just don't have any regrets at all. This one supposedly has a 7000 lb capacity, but I never plan to test that or even close. Wasn't cheap but it's been flawless. Good luck!
Looks cool when not in use I do not like working near open pits so that would not work for me just my opinion . Be safe my friend.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up 4 post lift in a low ceiling garage

Don't let a low ceiling keep you from installing a 4 post lift. Here's a picture of mine installed in my garage with an 8 foot ceiling. I cut access holes for the windshield and roll bar which created enough height for me to work under the car. I'm not a tall person but it sure worked for me.
Name:  CIMG0340.jpg
Views: 3448
Size:  87.2 KB
wolf k, Jaydee and ront49 like this.

Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodard View Post
Don't let a low ceiling keep you from installing a 4 post lift. Here's a picture of mine installed in my garage with an 8 foot ceiling. I cut access holes for the windshield and roll bar which created enough height for me to work under the car. I'm not a tall person but it sure worked for me.
I wish I could do that! Unfortunately I have a concrete soffit above...
Attached Images

Gaz64, ront49 and hauss like this.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have used every type of hoist, they all have advantages and disadvantages.

My favourite for floor safety (transmission removal etc) is a two poster with overhead gantry, but you need a shed with 14' + ceiling in the centre.

Gary
Jaydee likes this.
Old 03-16-2019, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #136, 427SR FI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodard View Post
Attachment 32971
We have many members of GLCC who have done the same thing...notch a pocket in the ceiling. Works great!

Jeff
Old 03-17-2019, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

If your garage has trusses you can take measurements of the truss and note if it has tile or shakes on roof, then visit your local truss yard and they could help you with modifications to cut out clearance for car roof, windshield ect. FWIW
Old 04-07-2019, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

While trying to locally source a low-ceiling 2-post lift, I got myself this setup. A low-profile trolley jack with a 2ton cross beam adaptor to spread the lifting points and raise the entire side of the car. In these photo’s, the jack hasn’t reach its halfway height yet. I do have jack stands, just not in these pics...
Attached Images

lakercobra likes this.