10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-03-2009, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Is this an AC Cobra Stallion ?

Does anyone know how to verify an AC Cobra Stallion ?

I have tried www.kellisoncars.com , but no respond.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

what are you asking exactly,
Old 03-03-2009, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Here is what I have in my notes regarding them...
This is just copies of threads, and I don't know who was writing any of this or how factuar it is...proceed with caution.

…1983 Texas Stallion. I do not know much about the car but from what I think I know (which I often find out is very different from what is actually correct) they have a corvette suspension and were built in Texas Cobra form and Texas Stallion Cobra form (with the Stallion being more loaded with options I guess). I was told that Texas Stallions like this are very rare so its been pretty tough finding info about them on the web.
its a kellison stallion later to be know as west coast cobra.
these cars were made at spinks airport in fort worth texas, there were 2 hangers at the back of the airport. i used to watch them make these cars and at night they would race them up and down the runway they used a mustang front end 460 engine and a c6 trans, the first owner was killed on a saturday afternoon at his office on hulen street in fort worth a real sad deal hope this helps
Texas Stallion is the 3rd generation stallion originally designed by Jim Kellison
1st generation: Silver Classic Coachcraft / Lincoln Calif
2nd generation: Special Editions / City of Industry Calif
3rd generation: Texas Stallion / Fort Worth Texas
4th generation; Stallion / Nuremburg Germany
search Kellisoncars.com and stallion-cars.com
As for the 1st gen stuff... well, that answers a question I've had for many years... about why I've seen some of these (unknowns / larger body and frames) pop up for sale on a rare occassion in Roseville and Lincoln CA area with 429s/460s in them with little to go on as to why they were wider and different than what I've seen before. Now looking back 10 years, the guy who had them for sale had a few of them in a garage on a farm, and the stuff had been sitting for a LONG time with about 3 inches of dust on all of it. It was like the owner / knowledgable person was not around and all this unfinished stuff, bodies, frames, partial builds were just stored for someone to come along and recognize it.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

IF I have a VIN number, can that be verified ?

If the seller claims that it is 46 out of 117, how can that be verified ?
Old 03-04-2009, 11:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i can verify a true kellison vin. the order of the cars was not documented. chassis numbers numerically exceeded 117 so its merely a guess as to a cars actual order in which it was built. send me the info, and pics if you have them. and i will get as much info as i can.

fred
Old 03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Orskov. what is the VIN # that your trying to verify? This a 12 digit # is either on the
right frame rail by the upper suspension arm OR on the front crossmember directly
in front of the engine.

As for the order of the manufacture of the cars it is documented, you just have to
know who to ask. As for the chassis # exceeding 117, thats because the numbering
system starts at 100. So the car that your looking at (if it's # 46) would have #
146 in it's VIN #.

Hope that helps Fastedy
Old 03-11-2009, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks,

But I didn't get the VIN , because I was outbidded.

But I can use the information next time, thanks.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastedy View Post
Orskov. what is the VIN # that your trying to verify? This a 12 digit # is either on the
right frame rail by the upper suspension arm OR on the front crossmember directly
in front of the engine.

As for the order of the manufacture of the cars it is documented, you just have to
know who to ask. As for the chassis # exceeding 117, thats because the numbering
system starts at 100. So the car that your looking at (if it's # 46) would have #
146 in it's VIN #.

Hope that helps Fastedy
the vins starting at 100 and they being sequential does not make sense.
for example my stallion is vin #129 according to your vin explanation it is the 29th car.............that would mean kellison only built 29 cars from 1976 to 1979. kellison had 3 or 4 other cobra builders as vendors for his chassis and bodies, vins were issued to cars without their sequence in mind. also the vin being stamped in the places you describe was in effect the builders responsibility. some cars do not have a vin plate or it stamped on the car anywere. your info comes from where? if this is documented info please share i am sure the rest of us at the kellison registry would welcome the info.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

FWB I have a question for you. I predict that your VIN is either
1178SA129XXA or 1278SA129XXA. How close am I?

fastedy
Old 03-14-2009, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

those are kellison vins , my question was the sequence of the cars built not the bread and butter of the vins. my car does not have a vin stamped on the frame nor on the crossmember. i have checked two other cars personally around the same years and they also have no vin stamped. so i will ask again before i abandon this thread. where is the documentation to show cars were started with vin 100, and built sequentially as the numbers increase. have you ever seen a kellison dune buggy, they share the same vin codes.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

FWB My info comes from 2 sources: #1 A document that Jim Kellison sent to the buyer
of his Stallion 429 prototype car, in which Jim explaines how the 12 digit VIN# is read and the location of it on the chassis and #2 a conversation with the general manager of
Special Editions (second generation Stallion) about VIN#'s and the "CC" variant in some
Stallion VINS. This general manager is a member of the Kellison Regristry.

As for your car, if your chassis is not stamped how do you know it's # 129?? MSO??
Your car is a (1) Stallion 429 (2) Stallion Cobra ??
The cars that you looked at (1) Stallion 429 (2) Stallion Cobra??

There is a difference between a Stallion 429 and a Stallion Cobra Fastedy
Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Orskov When you look at a Stallion VIN this is how you read it. Take for example Vin#
1278SA129XXA:

The first four digits: (1278) December 1978
The next five digits: (SA129) Stallion Automobile #29
The 10th digit: X no engine
The 11th digit: X no transmission
The 12th digit: A 9inch ford rearend

The VIN# gives you those 5 pieces of information and is good for cars from 1978 to1982
and would be found on either the chassis , the title , the MSO or better yet all 3.
NOW THIS INFORMATION APPLIES TO STALLION 429's MANUFACTURED BY "SILVER CLASSICCOACHCRAFT" "RED STALLION LTD" "SPECIAL EDITION'S" fastedy
Old 03-17-2009, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

FWB A Kellison dunebuggy may share the same VIN code But IT WOULD NOT HAVE SA IN position 5&6. SA means Stallion Autimobile. fastedy
Old 03-18-2009, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ok good info, this still doesn't compute though. if the vin car numbers are sequential, and bear with me here as i'm slow, my car would be #29 the one you used as an example. that would mean 29 cars were built from 1976 to 1979. so the problem i have is then the remainder of the cars, 88 of them were built in just 3 years? i don't think its possible even if you would be using 3 shifts. now on the vin info i am a member of the kellison registry give me first name last initial of the person who gave you this info, i would like to look into this further.
on my car, the vin is the cars. i have contacted previous owners, my car was originally titled in IL. it's owner was a builder for silver cc. please i just want correct info that is why i am bulbing you the way i am, btw do you own a kellison?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 408 LSX
Not Ranked     

FWB,
I know this is off track but I just viewed your pics. never seen a trailer like that. Who makes it?
-Greg
Old 03-18-2009, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

extreme trailers, i really like it, i bought it used from a guy who raced vintage porche'
http://www.montrosetrailers.com/gall...obile_trailers
it is custom built, all alum. has 10 ft ramps too

btw do you have any relatives in hawaii?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 408 LSX
Not Ranked     
Default Relatives

FWB,
No relatives there that I'm aware of. I would be willing to visit someone else's relatives if they were to invite me though.
-Greg
Old 03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

one of the previous owners of my car lives there, and his last name was edmonds
Old 06-16-2009, 02:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 1978
Not Ranked     

Hello from France !!

I see that you speak about Stallion
I have a little problem with one car : a Stallion 429

Numeros does not correspond to what you write
Somebody would have explanations or information to give me ??
I look for all the information which I could find on this car, which I try to register in France.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 1978
Not Ranked     

Hello from France !!

I'm just very interesting with your discussion about Stallion.

But my problem, it is because the sequence of number about which you speak does not correspond to mine. What is that it says to you something, could you help me to identify the car??
It would be a Stallion 429, and it would have been produced between 1978 and 1982.