Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2019, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Windshield

I have a 1970's Elegant Motors car. It was made in Indianapolis, IN. The windshield needs to be replaced. Where can my glass installer purchase a windshield that will fit this car? Thanks!
Old 08-16-2019, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2119 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Check with Cobra Valley. I got their "polyglas" windshield and should never have to replace another. It's lighter, pre-curved, can be cleaned with about any glass cleaner, can be used with windshield wipes, is so slick that RainX is not needed, and will not crack. They have two different sizes and can give you specific dimensions. Pretty easy to install but the glue/sealer can be messy. Is not DOT approved but should not be a problem unless you live in a state that looks for such things. My 2˘.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

I got one from these guys - HanesHotRods

You will need to confirm it fits your Cobra.

John
Old 08-16-2019, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by funpigtoo View Post
I have a 1970's Elegant Motors car. It was made in Indianapolis, IN. The windshield needs to be replaced. Where can my glass installer purchase a windshield that will fit this car? Thanks!
Check the code on the windshield - assuming it has one that will be all your installer needs to get the right one for you.

This thread will give you an idea about what all the mumbo-jumbo means that's printed on the windshield: Windshield Replacement (Arntz)
Old 08-17-2019, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the good suggestions!
Old 08-17-2019, 10:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

I got mine from Factory Five racing. The cheapest of the others and my glass installer had some sanding to do but it was minimal. So glad I had an expert install it for me. Cost was $300 labor and about $300 plus $100 shipping. Took two weeks for delivery. They also offer a windshield in a frame. Insurance will cover beyond your deductible but I sucked it up and paid. Important to mention I have a friend who let me measure his FFR windshield. I knew it was close match before ordering but my fingers were crossed.

good luck,
john
Old 08-28-2019, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, 351W .040” over, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Been driving my Cobra for two weeks since the build and the windshield already broke. I replaced it with 1/4” Lexan MR-10 and it took 2 hours start to finish to replace it. It was easier than I thought it would be. It was also encouraging to find out that the cut scraps wouldn’t break even when bent in a ‘U’. Cost $139
Old 08-28-2019, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP View Post
Been driving my Cobra for two weeks since the build and the windshield already broke. I replaced it with 1/4” Lexan MR-10 and it took 2 hours start to finish to replace it. It was easier than I thought it would be. It was also encouraging to find out that the cut scraps wouldn’t break even when bent in a ‘U’. Cost $139
Lexan won't pass road safety inspection here.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C, 351W .040” over, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Bummer. Ray Charles inspects my vehicles.