Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2019, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     
Default Need Tacoma area help

I resigned to my self that I need help with my Replica projects. I don't have space and the ware with all to redo the windshield mounting to the cowl hoop. My cars original owner leaned the wind shield down for his competition in Nevada. I have side curtain and a convertible top that all need installation. before body , paint and interior work The fellas I had called upon were intima dated by the dash wiring to get access to wind shield mounting plates that are welded to cowl hoop. The plates are not correct , they seem to be angled causing unwanted tension on the glass causing it to crack. I can help. somebody around Tacoma area . I just do not have the room in my garage to get around the car and need help.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Me again. I need to (hire) a person or shop to mount the side curtains, redo the windshield mounting to fit the side curtains so the plates welded to the cowl hoop are correctly positioned so the windshield outside support frames to fit the side curtains and do not cause the windshield glass to crack and break. I see the dash and seats being removed, doors open, cutting the existing mounting plates off the cowl hoop and new plates created and welded in. I did the wiring myself years ago so that is doable. If I did it I'd think some one else can handle it.. I can help and I have some tools that may be handy

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 10-14-2019 at 07:33 AM..
Old 10-14-2019, 08:08 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Good morning Michael, I have 2-shops that may be able to help you. Of course since they are shops, they will charge you for work, but both will be able to do what work you need. I'm too old to work on some issues of my 2 Cobras, and have had work done at both shops, with great out comes. The first one ( Remember When Restorations ) in Gig Harbor, he is known as our "Snake Charmer" Rob is award winning builder of all Ford Products (His GT-500) is a muti-time award winner. The problem, with getting him to work on your car is, he is booked into the spring with Cobra work already. The other shop is ( Rule Garage) with Tyler & Andy Osborn, they (Son & Father) have started this shop for the lower priced customer, that just needs some help (Age) like us. I'm sending my JCF 289 Slabside over to have the Coilovers adjusted & Alginment. If you would like to contact me Michael, here my cell# 360 801 4510, I live in Port Orchard, or PM me. Brent (EM-0785) & I are tying to buy Club Cobra from Brent Mills, and can use all the support we can, Didn't you used to hang out with him?? Cheers Tom

Last edited by Alfa02; 10-14-2019 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: spellimg
Old 10-15-2019, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Our phone call ended without any conclusion. I need to have bunch of stuff done. Not being an expert I'm thinking the windshield mounting and side curtains is where it all starts Then paint and interior. I have a boxed set of EM side curtains and a convertible top plus parts.. I've had this car for twenty years. I can't do it myself with my health and small garage way outside my comfort zone.
I was sent another shop in Puyallup. Their web site showed some of their projects. It look like they have done some real exotics. Probably way more than My replica
I'm interested call me back. I'm not going to do this alone.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Yea, sorry Michael, other Cobra business got in the way, I'll give you a call tomorrow, and finish our talk.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I asked a friend for his direction was to go to Brooklands. Brooklands refered me to Dennison Intnl. In Puyallup. I went to their website and became intimadated.
Thursday ,Our discussion I mentioned Joe Campanoli.. I inquired farther and it turs out he is doing just fine. My search came up with his address and age sounds correct but said deceased. If you look I tried to ask the club and found that he is not dead. His friend contacted Joe, and Joe called me. Was I surprised?
Old 10-21-2019, 01:27 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Thank you Mike, for allowing a chance for Rob (Snake Charmer) & myself, to see your Cobra (last Thur.), and having Rob, look to see what he need's to fix the windscreen, and install a top & side curtains, on your EM. The work as you know, plus the time, would be a very costly fix, I would say 40+hours, with the windscreen work maybe as much as 30+ hours by it self, (Remove dash, to get to the welds, then redrilling holes) and wiring out of the way. So I don't know how to help much more with your project. Again, It will be a costly fix. A quick heads up on (Dennison Intl.) those guy's are friends of mine, I can't afford them , They care for multi-million dollar Ferrari's, Porsche, Vintage Race Cars, Pebble Beach Best of show winners, etc. Best of luck, Mike. If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to me, Cheers Tom.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That was my take after looking at their website with the pictures shown. Joe is planning on taking his car ( my old ) there this week. He has a different retirement from mine. We are planning on meeting Joe there when he does deliver the car.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I met Joe Campanoli at Dennison's in Puyallup Tuesday. I drove around more than I needed to. Turns out there are two bridges across the Puyallup river Meridian, and 5th street like the direction said. I'm glad I didn't take the car The traffic was bad on Meridian as usual. The weather was great when I left Dennison's, but traffic snarled on 512 at I5.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 10-30-2019 at 09:24 PM..
Old 11-01-2019, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I unboxed my side curtains and found that they only have two pegs per side curtain. On looking at other cars I see that most use three pegs per side. I have four ferrules for fiberglass (with threaded and nutted body) from EM 2000 era while EM sold kits and parts and were in Florida The round polished heads are about 3/16" high with squared sides. the originals have round heads tapered to the be almost flush with the top of the door . Nicer to arm on while driving. With all that appears to be going on with Finishline Accessories and EM dealing in finished cars, where do I go for ferrules for fiberglass cars?

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 11-01-2019 at 05:43 PM..
Old 11-06-2019, 05:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The polished ferrules I have from EM are like a polished but punched slug on door mounting surface. I been looking at the original aluminum cars and their ferrules are only slightly raised and tapered to meet and blend to the door or body mounting surface. Why do you think they made these ferrule like that? I think I want to buy another set of ferruled that are like original cars have with slightly raised heads that tapered to mounting surface but threaded and nutted for a fiber glass car as if I were going to lay my arm across it. I've tried to contact Finish Line on line asking for a better picture of the their ferrule,s with no response. EM now does only turn key minus cars
Old 11-09-2019, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Snake Charmer has autoyas and facebook I do not do well with either. I've tried to leave messages. The phone wasn't much better. Did you get the impression that he even wanted to work on it? Has he ever done any part of the work I need before? With the bridge and all, I'd like to be invited for a visit and not take time away from something else. First time would probably be in my truck to find the place in comfort and with weather.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I still need a shop to work on my 84 Everett-Morison replica. One shop looks like a go in the spring but are used to working on original aluminum cars but seemed willing. The other shop has not responded to four phone calls so far. My thoughts are from a heavy mobile equipment mechanic (not canvas and fiberglass) I'll admit right now I'm not sure where to begin.. I'm looking for someone to organize the steps for this process.so it all works together at the end.
The problem is the windshield was off center and is at the wrong angle. I did a crappy job to get windshield centered and now it cracks the replacement windshield. I have a (still boxed) side curtain kit and a soft top kit from Everett- Morrison from 2001 era. I have a rear braced roll bar, so soft top needs modification. I have rounded the SS ferrules that are for the door and side curtains and soft top bows. The ferrules should be recessed partially. My concerns go on and on. Need a pro shop. How far will I have to go? I'm sure there are shops that do this work closer than Coos Bay ORG. I have a one car garage I'm fat and knee and hip are my excuses.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:42 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Hi Michael, Yes I believe you knew Rob (aka. Snake charmer) said he couldn't schedule any more work till late spring, and without a firm plan that you wanted the work done, we scheduled more work after our visit . We (Rob & I) had talked about your project, Time & Labor wise, as we said before just to fix your windscreen issue (30-40) hours at $95@hour that comes to serious money quickly. As you know, to be done correctly (Remove dash, wiring out of the way, refab bracket's, alg. windscreen, new windscreen etc, etc) The top & side curtains, we feel should be done by a upholstery shop, as that's what they do on a daily basis. Sorry Michael, this can't be better news, but our old cars cost money to fix. If you still what to schedule your car to be repaired, call me at 360 801 4510, to set up your appt. or see the shop. Cheers Tom.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I called Snake Charmer four times and nothing.