• 1 Post By CSX 4133

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2020, 12:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Selling my CSX 4000

Well....time has come to let her go. Not a bad thing by any means and I will missing seeing her in the garage and the quick trips on my local roads but better things await.

My question is where is the best place to sell one these days....Cobra Country, Bring A Trailer, Ebay, or here on the classifieds ? Give you a brief rundown on mine and see what you really think today’s market is for these cars.

2016 build with a SAI hold back 4000 number ( CSX 4451), Glass Car
Southern Automotive 427 SO stroked to 482, Aluminum Pond Block
TKO 5 Speed
Olthoff Racing completed the assembly and sorting in 2017
Guardsman Blue w/ Wimbledon White Stripes
Static Cling Decals and Numbers
SAI CSX Car Cover
Gas Gauge Option
800 miles

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

E5

Last edited by E5USMC; 01-06-2020 at 04:35 PM..
Old 01-05-2020, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Bummer to see it go.

Cobra Country would still be the place but it can take a while if the price isn't right. Bring A Trailer is really hit and miss, but you do get to set a reserve.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

following
Old 01-05-2020, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ...
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

WoW.
Would you accept body parts in trade? I have a few I don't need anymore, maybe even one or two of my own.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Why not try both Cobra Country and Bring a Trailer, as well as a listing here in the For Sale forum? A listing on BaT is only $99, and as mentioned above you can set a reserve. I would bet that BaT has a much wider audience, but from reading the comments on a lot of kit Cobra listings there I think you’re less likely to have bidders who are really educated about the differences in the various kits and therefore less likely to appreciate (and ascribe value to) things like original details. The upside is that there are some very wealthy bidders there. I’ve found three of the Cobras I’ve owned (as well as my Lister) in the For Sale forum here, but the seller of my most recent one also had an ad on Cobra Country. An ad there costs $370 for three months, so basically for less than $500 you could have listings on BaT, Cobra Country, and here. Seems reasonable considering what I imagine you’ll be asking for your gorgeous Cobra. GLWTS—
Old 01-06-2020, 06:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Beautiful car !!!

What year is it titled as ?
what are you asking for it ?
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 01-06-2020, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP938
Not Ranked     

BAT will not allow listings on other websites. They will also set reserve at a lower number than you would like.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

marklotus is correct. BaT will likely not agree to what you think market price is for a reserve. Neither will any other live auction venue other than eBay. My guess is that you would have difficulty getting BaT to accept a reserve much higher than $100k. I would not post it on ebay either.

My advice is to do everything you can to document the condition and mechanical work performed and make sure the car is 100 sorted with fresh servicing. Hire a photographer to create a stunning portfolio of photos and hire a videographer to put together a tantalizing video. This may cost you a little bit of money, but it is money well spent IMO.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the all the advice. I guess my big decision is what is my bottom dollar price and go from there. I will need it for any real reserve and asking price if I use CObra Country as my selling site

I will still probably list it here on the classifieds as well.

AKM
Old 01-06-2020, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ballpark, what are you thinking you'd like to get for it? I'm in the market.

Also, BaT will take the listing, but try to keep your reserve low enough so that it sells. I'm dealing with them right now on my 911. They were fair on the reserve, and you can negotiate that point. But they do want it to sell.

I had no idea it was such a process just to get your car listed! this ain't no craigslist, that's for sure. But they do get a good audience of buyers.

Either way, GLWTS

SOLD Replaced by something with a Flat-6

Old 01-06-2020, 07:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: '65 Shelby Cobra, '66 Shelby GT350's
Not Ranked     

Values for the 4000's really depend on vehicle condition, original layout and added extras. Hagerty has them valued at the low end at 125K up to 190K on the high end.
You might list your 4000 on Hemmings or even SAAC to attract buyers, just an suggestion. Good luck, very nice looking Shelby.
ERA 626 likes this.

6S1806, 1966 Shelby GT350 B/P Race car.
6S246, Shelby GT350 "carryover"
6S1745 Shelby GT350