Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thinking about buying a Cobra...

How do you post photos?

Trying to figure out who manufactured this Cobra kit.

Supposedly a 10 year old build.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

You may need to have a minimum number of posts before posting pictures. If it is on another site, you can link to it.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

I got the impression this is an unfinished car with no tittle.

In order to tittle a car, most states require (I'm forgetting the actual term MSN??) documentation from the manufacturer that documents the sale, the date, and a serial number that is also permanently attached to the frame. Otherwise it is very difficult to get a tittle. The burden of proof that there are no stolen parts is on you, and the bar is quite high. Without documentation of sales from the manufacturer, the bar goes much higher, as that is a red flag.

Why doesn't the owner have this documentation?

Last edited by olddog; 01-24-2020 at 06:50 AM..
Old 01-24-2020, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddog View Post
I got the impression this is an unfinished car with no tittle.

In order to tittle a car, most states require (I'm forgetting the actual term MSN??) documentation from the manufacturer that documents the sale, the date, and a serial number that is also permanently attached to the frame. Otherwise it is very difficult to get a tittle. The burden of proof that there are no stolen parts is on you, and the bar is quite high. Without documentation of sales from the manufacturer, the bar goes much higher, as that is a red flag.

Why doesn't the owner have this documentation?
Its been a while since I've had a good tittle...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 01-24-2020, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No this car was built about 10 years ago and is titled in NYS.

It was referred to in listing as an Integrity 427 Cobra.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpn6367 View Post
No this car was built about 10 years ago and is titled in NYS.

It was referred to in listing as an Integrity 427 Cobra.
If it has a spare tittle send it to Buzz. I think he's lonely.
Buzz likes this.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Integrity Coach Works, from Florida, was probably the manufacturer. Here’s one listed on BaT from a couple of years back that might help serve as a photographic guide. There’s also a little bit of info about Integrity in the listing. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...bra-fia-289-3/

As far as Buzz, olddog says it himself in his post above: “...it is very difficult to get a tittle”. Takes me right back to high school, it does.
Buzz likes this.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the link. That is very helpful and looks like the same basic kit. The builder is free to take liberties with the powertrain, suspension, etc...
Old 01-24-2020, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Manufacturers Statement of Origin - MSO
Old 01-24-2020, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Thanks for the link. That is very helpful and looks like the same basic kit. The builder is free to take liberties with the powertrain, suspension, etc...
No worries—glad to help. If you go through all the pics in the listing, the last few have some contact info and a name or two for Integrity. I don’t know if any of that would lead anywhere now, but it would be a start if you’re playing detective and want to try and track down the company principals.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Manufacturers Statement of Origin - MSO
MSO == Title number Zero. Every vehicle manufactured for sale in the US has one. Almost all "component vehicles" do (certainly "Roller", most true kits unless truly built by an individual, or for example a home-built motorcycle).

You rarely see the MSO. Most dealers have DMV "Runners" that bring a batch of MSOs and sales receipts to the DMV in batches and get your title and plates for you. I received the MSO for my truck because it was an out of state sale and the dealer chose not to title it before I took possession. He could have (and not registered it) but instead gave me the MSO and the dealer paperwork.

If you ever get a MSO GUARD IT WITH YOUR LIFE. Titles can be replaced. We misplaced our Jeep title in the move from Colorado to Nevada. I went to the local DMV with the registration and ID and had a replacement title in 30 minutes. But replacing a MSO is a monumental task. Dealers aren't supposed to lose them and you aren't supposed to have it...
Old 01-25-2020, 02:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
No worries—glad to help. If you go through all the pics in the listing, the last few have some contact info and a name or two for Integrity. I don’t know if any of that would lead anywhere now, but it would be a start if you’re playing detective and want to try and track down the company principals.
I did see that; your a mind reader. I wish the seller had that type of documentation with this car. Unfortunately much comes down to the builder and I’m told they aren’t around any longer.

For example the car may need brakes. How do you buy them without knowing what vehicle donated it’s suspension? I know it has a Jag IRS but what year? What model? The front end? Who knows...

And unfortunately it has an absolutely useless rectangular roll bar and not the U hoop seen on all others. It offers no protection in the event of a roll over. This involves not only welding but drilling holes and filling holes in decklid, paint blending, etc...May be more work than it’s worth.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Edit - sorry, I see this info was already posted about the BAT ad.
As Snakeeyes said, some of the phone numbers in the attached pics may lead to as source of a manual and some useful info. Most Integrity Cobras had an accurate looking single roll bar, so the proper gussets and mounting points may already be welded/located on the frame.
I see you're also aware that Integrity may have morphed into Hunter Cobras as detailed in the other threads about Hunter. Have you tried to contact Randy Hunter? By all accounts he's very helpful and forthcoming with relevant information.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Last edited by Buzz; 01-25-2020 at 04:46 AM..
Old 01-25-2020, 04:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm guessing this is the one you're looking at:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...l#&gid=1&pid=1
Though the price is not bad, with a 302 engine and a few quirky details you would have to correct to get it looking right, you may indeed want to keep searching for something better.

Here's a link to another nice looking Integrity with Corvette suspension, which most of them seem to have. Lots of good photos:
https://www.classicautomall.com/vehi...cobra-roadster

Last edited by Buzz; 01-25-2020 at 05:07 AM..
Old 01-25-2020, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Looks like a handicapped grab bar on the deck. Whats with the aluminum patch at the exhaust cut out of the front fender?
snakeeyes likes this.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I'm guessing this is the one you're looking at:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...l#&gid=1&pid=1
Though the price is not bad, with a 302 engine and a few quirky details you would have to correct to get it looking right, you may indeed want to keep searching for something better.
Yes that it. Decisively low tech build for sure (Muncie 4spd!?!) thats screaming for some attention to details.

Why bother with that roll bar?

How do I reach Randy Hunter?

Thanks for link to other Cobra. I don’t see an asking price?

Last edited by gpn6367; 01-25-2020 at 06:43 AM..
Old 01-25-2020, 06:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Looks like a handicapped grab bar on the deck. Whats with the aluminum patch at the exhaust cut out of the front fender?
Bubbas handy work, indeed...
Old 01-25-2020, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes that it. Decisively low tech build for sure (Muncie 4spd!?!) thats screaming for some attention to details.

Why bother with that roll bar?

How do I reach Randy Hunter?

Thanks for link to other Cobra. I don’t see an asking price?
Here’s a start, below. If you can’t find him through someone here in Cc and want to play detective you can get on Spokeo and probably find Randy Hunter. I think you can do a 30-day membership for about $20.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:05 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

@Snakeeyes, A new member Ken (In Cal.) , has a Hunter (390FE, Top Loader, and Vette rear end). I found the same link, it the (Phone#) is no longer in service. Ken is on the same quest. Ken posted a couple weeks ago, about any Hunter owners here, and heard nothing back? Those plates around the side pipes was another tell about the Hunter, they (Pipes) sit high up in the body. The body was much lower on the chassis at one time. Cheers Tom.

Last edited by Alfa02; 01-25-2020 at 09:10 AM..
Old 01-25-2020, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by t walgamuth View Post
Looks like a handicapped grab bar on the deck.
Trunk is a rumble seat an ya need something to hang onto ?

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp