Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By t walgamuth
  • 4 Post By patrickt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2020, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     
Default A little “Ford v Ferrari” behind the scenes video

Here’s six minutes of your day you don’t have to worry about figuring out how to spend: https://youtu.be/IocyFuS6JSA
Old 04-20-2020, 03:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Thanks that was fun!
snakeeyes likes this.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

I enjoyed the movie and talking with other viewers afterwards--------but I have many memories of actual contact with Shelby that will forever be near the top of my memories as not only was he the Goodyear Competion Tire West ( as Penske Com tire east) but many of his original peeps worked in California shops in the late 60- and 70s---------also he was the owner of the apartment building I lived in-----------
Old 04-21-2020, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
I enjoyed the movie and talking with other viewers afterwards--------but I have many memories of actual contact with Shelby that will forever be near the top of my memories as not only was he the Goodyear Competion Tire West ( as Penske Com tire east) but many of his original peeps worked in California shops in the late 60- and 70s---------also he was the owner of the apartment building I lived in-----------
Jerry, what great memories. I was fortunate to get to know a couple of the Shelby guys late in their lives, but certainly wasn’t around when it was all happening. It must be a little surreal to see a part of your life depicted on the big screen.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It wasn't so much as a part of my life on the big screen in that movie---------it was just cross memories of a great man in a great time period and many instances of everyday life where our trails crossed, ran side by side and/or on the same path at the same time.
There have been many times that something of my time here on this planet have been in the movies, on tv, in many magazines, front covers, centerfolds and taken place in front of thousands of people ------------------- and now I find someone is trying to sell autographed photos that I signed years ago on EBay?????????? sometimes its a warm feeling and others hard to get a taste outta my mouth!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2020, 10:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

See, that’s one difference between you and me. Others are selling your autograph on eBay and you don’t care for it; I, on the other hand, would love to sell my autograph on eBay but no one would buy it
Old 04-21-2020, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

But it ain't me getting paid ------------
Old 04-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

It only took one of my autographs to get my entire car built at ERA.
Old 04-22-2020, 07:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Fresh 427 S/O
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
See, that’s one difference between you and me. Others are selling your autograph on eBay and you don’t care for it; I, on the other hand, would love to sell my autograph on eBay but no one would buy it
Yeah, I doubt I could make a career out of selling my autograph either
Old 04-22-2020, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I didn't make a career out off selling autographs----------this dude had me sign some pics a few years back ( from various photogs) and now HE is E baying them ??????????
Old 04-22-2020, 03:11 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Clayton View Post
I didn't make a career out off selling autographs----------this dude had me sign some pics a few years back ( from various photogs) and now HE is E baying them ??????????
If you flooded the market with new Jerry Clayton Signatures, you would devalue the previously existing articles. Plus, there's always the chance you could "go viral" and make a mint from your efforts. Stranger things have happened.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll give you first choice at what car/winners circle trophy queem, etc -most will probable be black and white from races but lots of color from magazine shoots---
Do you remember when Burt Reynolds was on cover of Cosmopolitan????? well we were a month ahead of him in Esquire!!!!!!!!