LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2020, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Hey Guys; Getting Real Close To Selling - Your Input Appreciated

Hi All;

I posted earlier this month trying to establish an approx fair market range for this car and didn't get a lot of response but there were a couple of helpful contacts - thank you.

The owner who I am helping sell this Factory Five Mk2 for is unfortunately selling due to health reasons. This car would never be going up for sale otherwise.

Working today on getting better pics but I do have a couple now that are better than the first ones I posted as well as a better description of some of the work that was done.

If you could, please let me know if anything looks to be missing or described incorrectly as we sure want to do things the right way.

Just below, in addition to the pics is some ad copy for your review. Your input and suggestions on a fair market hi-lo price range is greatly appreciated.

thx,
brian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This 1965 Shelby Cobra replica was built from a 2002 Factory Five Mk 2 kit that was assembled by its current and only owner beginning in 2002 and was completed in 2009. As you will see, this was a true labor of love and it is an extremely high quality build. This car gets a huge amount of attention wherever it goes, including Cobra specific meetups.

The body is finished in House Of Kolor Organic Green Kandy with Glint Gold Pearl stripes over a custom tan leather interior. Both the seats and door panels are leather; the dashboard and transmission tunnel are covered with exotic burl wood.

Power is from a 521ci Custom Ford Cobra V8 paired with a Tremec TKO five-speed manual transmission. Tremec mid-shifter shift relocation kit is installed offering superior ergonomics. Additional details of the build include the use of all A.R.P. nuts and bolts, dual chrome roll bars, Russell braided stainless steel lines, ceramic coated side pipes with polished stainless steel pipe guards, Pete Jackson gear drive, aluminum heads and intake, Ford Super Cobra Jet with heavy duty springs, 12.5 to 1 compression, chrome plated Blue Thunder intake manifold has been ported and polished and gasket matched. Polished electric water pump, two sets of triple cooling fans, ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, Welden electric in-line fuel pump, chrome plated Hilborn injection, injection switches and electric circuits are located behind glove box door. Safety items include a fire extinguisher, emergency fuel shutoff, and battery shutoff.

The car features fiberglass bodywork over a big block tubular steel chassis. The Organic Green Kandy and Gold Pearl paint scheme is dazzling and truly sets this Cobra apart from the crowd. Brightwork includes dual roll hoops, chrome bumperettes, tubular guards, upgraded fender side vent louvers, and license plate brackets. Additionally, there is a complete set of Autometer gauges with angled bezels and a dash-mounted shift light, plus triple windshield mounted rear view mirrors, wind wings, sun visors, and Simpson four point racing seat belts. Frame is powder coated, independent rear suspension, 3.73 street gears, four wheel disc brakes, and chrome Trigo 5 lug knockoff wheels fitted with BF Goodrich Drags all around, 235-60-R15's up front and 275-50-R15's in the rear.

The current owner acquired the car direct from Factory Five Racing in 2002 and the build took approximately seven years. From 2009 to 2011 the car was trailered to various events then registered and driven a total of 1044 miles. Car has a fresh oil change and is turn-key ready to go. It uses Evan's waterless coolant and is setup to run on 110 octane fuel.

This Cobra replica is offered in Connecticut with a clean Connecticut title. Complete records, receipts and photographs documenting this build will be passed on to the next owner along with the many trophies it has won including Best of Show at a FFR Cobra show. A California Custom car cover is included.

This car has never been raced!

Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer; we will assist in every way that we can.

Thank you for having a look.

Pictures

video
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2020, 08:04 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

How many miles on it?
Old 06-28-2020, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

1044 miles
Old 06-28-2020, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2321
Not Ranked     

IMO, list it on BAT, if they accept it, and let the market determine the price.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Cobra Country.

Race gas config is going to be a tough sell.
MKS427 likes this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 06-28-2020 at 09:16 AM..
Old 06-28-2020, 10:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkII
Not Ranked     

Initial reaction - 55K minimum.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KIRKHAM 427 S/C, SHELBY 427 ALUM. STROKER
Not Ranked     

Beautiful car ! Is engine a crate eng from Ford racing ? Engine build based on 460 block?
Hilborn electronic ? What is the brand of the system ? Make/model of rear end?
I've been tracking Cobra sales on BAT since March, ^ FF-5 ave selling $ 40K, hi 48K,for a MK4 w/ coyote.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

Is that a fuel line and filter out the back under the bumper?

I agree you need to say that the engine is a 385 series, if built on a 460 block. It is possible to build a FE that big with a few aftermarket block, but the heads did not appear to be FE, but I couldn't see enough to be certain.

I also agree that much compression requiring race fuel will shorten your potential buyers list. If I were thinking about buying it, I would be factoring in the cost to rebuild the engine and drop the compression ratio, so I could run pump gasoline.
ERA 626 likes this.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

fuel filter and fuel line exposed to the rear of the car looks like an explosion waiting to happen... nope.
Jaydee, Alfa02 and MKS427 like this.
Old 06-28-2020, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2027 / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Is this car in CT?
ooops never mind saw it is. I know the car and met the builder long ago.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:35 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Neutral     

Since this car was built to suit one gentlemen's taste, I agree with most, it will be a tough sell. BaT, will be (IMPO) your best bet. But expect a LOT of backlash, from the crowd there, everyone will have a opinion. (Color, stacks sticking out of hood, wood dash, race gas, etc.) The only issue I have is the fuel lines & filter, for gods sakes get those in a safe area, after spending countless hours on the car, then have those out of a protected area, Small rear end impact, bumper (Sparks), fuel line (Cut) = BIG FIRE. GLWTS, Cheers TommyRot.
Jaydee likes this.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 67 427 cobra SB
Not Ranked     

This may irritate a lot of people, but...

This is my way of looking at it and my opinion alone. Take it as food for thought. It is not advice in any way.

As much as I like FFR, I do not think any FFR is worth $100K even if you put a million dollars into the build. Anyone putting that type of money into a FFR either needs education or some type of help. When you are talking that type of money, the wise choice would be Shelby continuation, Kirkham, and maybe ERA.

Build a multi-million dollar mansion in crime ridden crappy neighbor hood where the next most valuable house is worth $50K, and what will the mansion be worth?

You just might get top dollar if the right sucker comes along. This is absolutely where logic goes out the window. You are going to have to wait for the sucker. Maybe tomorrow, maybe ten years from now. For a quick sale you are going to have to set the price down near what the average high end FFR (or house in the crappy neighborhood) is selling for.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 351w
Not Ranked     

@olddog, I agree mostly. I have seen FFR’s go for low 30’s to mid 50’s, it depends a lot on the build quality. There are many really nice ones out there and there are some that we’ll say are lacking a bit. I don’t believe anyone believes this FFR is worth 100k, far from that. There are multiple items that are highly personal on this build thus reducing the audience which in turn usually means a lower selling price. Demand and supply dictates pricing and there will not be a huge demand for this particular FFR but there is always a buyer.

As for several of the replica “brands”, most are overpriced truly as these are luxury items not DD’s that people must have. One can also argue this about HP, does one truly need 500+ in a car this size, nope but some still do it.
Grubby likes this.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkIV 427
Not Ranked     

It's a very nice build. However, I agree 12.5:1 compression and exposed fuel lines will have to be corrected for street use. The injector stacks through the hood will be a turn off for many.
You may find the right person for the car, but I would expect it to take longer than usual. You might consider the international market also.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks to all for your insightful comments and suggestions. All very appreciated and helpful.

My role is to assist the extremely nice owner in the sale of this cool Cobra. Unfortunately, health issues are the reason for the sale.

thx,
brian aka CoBri.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBri View Post
Thanks to all for your insightful comments and suggestions. All very appreciated and helpful.

My role is to assist the extremely nice owner in the sale of this cool Cobra. Unfortunately, health issues are the reason for the sale.

thx,
brian aka CoBri.
So this is a "stress sale" condition. He doesn't want it any more - basically wants it gone. Gone is more important than maximizing profit (time vs gain).

It's going to go as is with no correction for the things, one of which is a major safety condition.

Try it for a few weeks on Cobra Country then put it no reserve on BAT.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Does CT do annual safety inspections? Hard to believe it would pass with that fuel pump configuration.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Car #1209 Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Beautiful Paint, interior and engine. I would try to clean, re-design/eliminate that plumbing in the back. It will definitely scare away a lot of people.

Fred
Old 07-02-2020, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

I agree with most others.

Highly personalized build. A few will like many will not.

I think it is worth about $45k unless you find someone with your exact taste that has the cash.

John
Old 07-02-2020, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

it would take a couple hours to move the fuel lines/filter from the FIRE ZONE.. That is NOT SAFE MAN. Im trying to understand why this would be desired in any situation? even racing where bump drafting happens... BOOM DEAD... move the fuel lines...
Jaydee and Alfa02 like this.