• 1 Post By 1985 CCX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2021, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #720
Not Ranked     
Default Trusted mechanic in CT?

I live in Orange, CT and while I do most of the work on my car myself I know there will come a day when something comes up that is either out of my comfort zone/capabilities or I don't have time to address, etc. Does anyone have a guy in my area they trust to do work? Thanks
Old 01-19-2021, 08:45 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rads42 View Post
I live in Orange, CT and while I do most of the work on my car myself I know there will come a day when something comes up that is either out of my comfort zone/capabilities or I don't have time to address, etc. Does anyone have a guy in my area they trust to do work? Thanks
You're only a half hour from ERA via RT 15. In 15 years, the only two places that have worked on my car is ERA and me.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Huh....given how behind they are with builds I guess I just assumed they weren't doing any service work. Good to know, thanks.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:31 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rads42 View Post
Huh....given how behind they are with builds I guess I just assumed they weren't doing any service work. Good to know, thanks.
No, they can fit you in on routine stuff. Say one of your shocks was leaking and you didn't want to send it back to England to be rebuilt, just wanted a new coilover installed, and throw in a front end alignment while they're doing that, and maybe corner weight it while they're adjusting the ride height, that wouldn't be a big deal. There are darn few things on these cars that can't be done in an afternoon unless they require sending something out to be rebuilt (engine, differential, stuff like that). And remember, they don't have to look anything up, or even think real hard about it. They do it all day in and day out. I bet Doug and the boys could pull the trans out and replace the clutch and have it back together and ready to go by the time I got the seats out.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era#671 Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     
Default my 2 cents

These guys are in CT as well, i believe there is a shop that's either part of there business or next door that also does repairs..But for Motor work on your FE in CT i would say these are the guys.
I could be wrong but they might be the place that builds the engines on occasion for ERA Customers doing a turn key....But dont quote me on that

https://danburycomp.com/
Old 01-19-2021, 02:56 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgianino View Post
These guys are in CT as well, i believe there is a shop that's either part of there business or next door that also does repairs..But for Motor work on your FE in CT i would say these are the guys.
I could be wrong but they might be the place that builds the engines on occasion for ERA Customers doing a turn key....But dont quote me on that

https://danburycomp.com/
Joe built my engine 15 years ago and I'm absolutely astounded that DCE now has a web site. The site is probably run by his grandson now.
sgianino likes this.
Old 01-19-2021, 09:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2027 / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Cobra Automotive in Wallingford is a very good shop too. Always some cool rides to see.
sgianino, rads42 and 1985 CCX like this.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Cobra Automotive would be my stop! Ask for Scottie or Jim!
Great crew and they know their stuff.
rads42 likes this.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for all the references, these are great.