Old 04-11-2021, 07:15 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 514, Toploader 4 sp, Jag IRS
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProe View Post
Wish you guys well, we're a little ahead of you.
www.prdcrrct.com
Catering to those building period-correct or replica's. Sourcing is one of the biggest issues, that's why our catalog isn't as broad. But we're working on it.

Give me a call if you want some insight. Always happy to help a fellow supplier. Contact info is on the website.

Paul Proefrock
Hi Paul,

Thanks, very familiar with your site, and have enduring respect for business owners in general, kudos. Brent
Old 04-11-2021, 07:52 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Originally Posted by HealeyRick
Re: a "new" Finishline. How do you make a million dollars selling Cobra parts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Start with TWO million!

Hi Rick,

I like that adage you indicate, referring very simply and elegantly to the concept of financial business risk.

Just wanted to share how it reminds me of years ago I put on a seminar on construction joint ventures to an industry group and led off with something like the following caveat to break the ice.

“A joint venture often begins with the 1st party bringing the experience and the 2nd party bringing the money. Unfortunately, all too often, it ends up with the 1st party getting the money and the 2nd party gaining the experience!” ☺☺

Thanks for sharing...

Brent
HealeyRick, xb-60 and Alfa02 like this.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

If you all get this going I need some lights/lenses that endured some harsh desert summers. Replacement bumper hardware, license plate light, etc. Might need a brake light wiring module too. Brake light plunger switch failed and may have burned out the module again.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:27 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
I seemed to recall that Ford owned 'Cobra' naming rights but, based upon Factory Five Racing's statement arising from Shelby suing FFR, it would seem Shelby American (?) is likely still the rights holder to the 'Cobra' name:

Re: Carroll Shelby and almost 10 years of litigation
COBRA and 427 are registered trademarks. Factory Five Racing, Inc. is not connected to the holders of these marks.

In February, 2001, Factory Five Racing, Inc., and Shelby mutually agreed to the entry of a Consent Judgment (“Order”) in litigation brought by Shelby in the United States District Court, District of Massachusetts whereby, among other things, Factory Five agreed not to use the word “Cobra” to describe our products. Factory Five agreed to this since it was not using these marks anyway and, for obvious reasons, it wanted to avoid any association whatsoever with Shelby. In return, Shelby agreed to forever dismiss any claims relative to the shape of the Factory Five Roadster and Type 65 Coupe and other designs.

https://www.factoryfive.com/terms-conditions/
Well they both control the name in different ways: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2001-sep-12-hw-44816-story.html#:~:text=Carroll%20Shelby%20sued%20Ford% 20over,Shelby's%20favor%20on%20summary%20judgment. &text=Shelby%20American%20said%20it%20has,Cobra%20 Daytona%20Coupe%20race%20cars.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4141
Not Ranked     

Depends what you guys plan to stock up with as far as parts, etc.?

I think the majority here would definitely pass on their business to you!

- Bill -
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

After meeting Tom and Brent I have every confidence that they would be an asset to the Cobra community. They have my vote.
EM-0785 and Alfa02 like this.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:51 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Thank you Jim, for your vote of confidence . Now the hard work begins, to see if we can make this kind of a store work. Hey, would you PM me, with your Phone# since I had run out of cards I'll send you mine? Cheers TommyRot.
jknich likes this.

Last edited by Alfa02; 04-21-2021 at 11:55 PM..
Old 04-22-2021, 12:01 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Jim, you're too kind. Was very impressed with the mill/lathe photo you sent, look forward to seeing it in person soon. I found myself telling others what a great guy we met at the show! Very much in common with the dynamics and challenges of our small cars with V-8's. I'll be checking out the site you frequent for your cars as well. Until next time...Thanks, Brent
jknich likes this.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 302. 1992 build
Not Ranked     
Default Business

Tom this is Bulldog down in Texas , I will buy from you guys!
jknich and Alfa02 like this.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:01 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Thank you Bulldog (Mike) That's all we would try to do, is give back (A small part) to our community, that you folks have given to Brent & I. As some of you know, I have a small (Buy, Sell, and Trade) vintage (Home) stereo business (Era: 1972-82) what was known as the "Wattage Wars". There too, I've made not only customer's but Friends, by treating them like I would like to be treated. A deal is only as good if both people are happy, and I've lost a dollar or two before like that, but more often than not, those people came back as repeat customer's. Thanks again everyone for your support, we'll see if we can make this a reality. Cheers Tom.
jknich likes this.

Last edited by Alfa02; 04-24-2021 at 04:03 AM..
Old 04-24-2021, 04:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am going to throw in my 2 cents.

I think one of the problems with a lot for these businesses is they rely on some distributor that gets their product from another distributor that gets his from some guy that gets them item from some shop in God knows where, but it isn't in the USA. So you end up ordering something and cannot get a reply from anybody about a shipping date, or you have to keep a lot in stock because you know it will be 6 months before you get more.

A lot of the items can be made by one of the million + machine and fabrication shops right here in the USA. They may not be the cheapest item out there, but how many Cobra people have you heard complain about pricing on a quality made item? All the bumpers, brackets, prop rods, wind wings, sun visors, carpeting, exhaust, etc...etc..etc can all be made right here. It may take some time to find the right supplier, but you won't have to worry about some guy in China missing the boat on your delivery.

There are about 1000 machine and fab shops in a 150 mile radius around my house. Some big, but most are 1-5 man shops. They will make anything for a buck.
EM-0785 and Alfa02 like this.