Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Kirkham vs Shelby (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/145046-kirkham-vs-shelby.html)

Buzz 09-01-2021 12:24 PM

Who cares about the original topic???

The OP started the discussion about two specific slabside replicas (of the the original '60's Cobras). Since the Superformance street roadster is the base for the Shelby 'glass model, it naturally came into the discussion and then the comparision with ERA came up as a natural progression due to similar price point (well below the original two brands in question).
So wtf is the big deal with all the "original topic" policing??! Give the man a break - he came asking for information and the discussion has taken a turn that suits him and his needs. Most of us have been following with interest - why jump in near the end and biatch about the original topic? Go back and read for yourself. Jeezusss :rolleyes:

rodneym 09-01-2021 12:32 PM

To answer the OP's thread title:

Is the Shelby in question built by Kirkham?
If not, NO comparison.
Period.

patrickt 09-01-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1496583)
To answer the OP's thread title:

Is the Shelby in question built by Kirkham?
If not, NO comparison.
Period.

I think we need to bring RodKnock back on this. Maybe we can get this thread padlocked yet.:cool:

rodneym 09-01-2021 04:13 PM

RodKnock retired and I’m trying to get canceled.

RUFdriver 09-01-2021 07:14 PM

“Kirkham vs Shelby “is the title of the thread, the OP bought up ERA (glass) vs Kirkham ( aluminum) in the first paragraph. So the discussion took a slight detour from the get go. Hey it’s all good, I like discussing all Cobras, replica or real.

Jamo 09-11-2021 05:02 PM

What's really relevant here given the OP's original intent is that Charmin is better than Northern.

1ntCobra 09-15-2021 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 1496951)
What's really relevant here given the OP's original intent is that Charmin is better than Northern.

Lately I just get the Costco store brand in the 30 roll pack. :JEKYLHYDE

fordracing65 09-09-2023 08:56 PM

Per Kirkham. A new roller starts at $250,000. Complete polished car is $350,000-$375,000.
A completed Daytona is $500k.

nkb 09-10-2023 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1495324)
In the Cobra replica biz, people don't always tell the unvarnished truth.:(

Since someone revived my original thread I thought I would provide an update.

In the end I decided go full throttle and opted for an aluminum CSX 289. Ordered December 2021. Body/chassis by Kirkham. Roller assembly by Hi Tech. Final assembly by me. I have a very correct date coded engine (see Lykins Motorsports).

I have learned a tremendous amount over the past years from the extended Cobra community especially when it comes to originality. Just my personal objective, but I am striving for a very accurate CSX “continuation” car with CSX 2190 as my reference car. Massive amount of time chasing down parts and details. But I have been enjoying the “treasure hunt”.

Approaching 2 years I still do not have the roller. Now in South Africa. Long story with too much information to recount.

When I receive the roller I will “correcting” many things to be more original. Not an aspersion just my choice. Liberties, great and small, are taken by all the replica manufacturers deviating from original. Either for convenience or “improvement”.

patrickt 09-10-2023 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkb (Post 1520037)

Approaching 2 years I still do not have the roller. Now in South Africa. Long story with too much information to recount”.

Well, gosh, since you included my quote I'm curious as to how it has fit in to your adventure.:confused:

Dominik 09-10-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1520034)
Per Kirkham. A new roller starts at $250,000. Complete polished car is $350,000-$375,000.

Jeeez, under which rock have I been?

nkb 09-10-2023 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1520038)
Well, gosh, since you included my quote I'm curious as to how it has fit in to your adventure.:confused:

Since I am still in the middle of my deal,I am reluctant to be critical. After I finally receive the car I’ll be happy to share. May help someone else.

patrickt 09-10-2023 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkb (Post 1520047)
Since I am still in the middle of my deal,I am reluctant to be critical. After I finally receive the car I’ll be happy to share. May help someone else.

That's fair enough. Thanks.

HTM101 09-10-2023 04:00 PM

During the financial crisis of 2008 I remember Kirkham's attempt to stimulate business, and for a while offered their 427 roller for $39.9k. If my date is incorrect, somewhere in the past they offered this great deal.

xb-60 09-11-2023 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkb (Post 1520047)

I understand where you're coming from.
I have mine, but it's taking a far longer time to approach the finish line than it should. It's a case of keeping the comments (largely) to myself for the work that I am not able to do myself (legally), and just looking forward to completion.

Cheers, and best of luck :)
Glen

nkb 09-13-2023 01:02 PM

Status on Sep 6, 2023 at the factory:

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...=21041&thumb=1

A lot yet to get done. Wiring, brakes, hydraulics done. No dash, no steering, no interior, no radiator, etc. Several items I have requested them to leave off (gas cap, mirror, ..) for me to use original or NOS parts. Dash/instruments/lights, washers, wiper motor, bonnet locks, fluid canisters, appearance of wiring/electrical components, etc. to be redone by me for originality. Kirkham diff gets installed back in the US by the dealer (to be carefully checked by me after receipt - based upon previous warning posts). Car is being delivered unpainted. My choice. It will be painted later, locally.

Last update (this last weekend at Goodwood) is that the car is supposed to be done by end of month and shipped. Seems optimistic based upon past history.

peterpjb 09-14-2023 04:41 AM

Quote:

yes, but with billet suspension and parts, Tremec, and modern 289 or 427.

all parts nut and bolt period correct will add another 100k

peterpjb 09-14-2023 04:43 AM

Quote:

double post, don't know how to delete...

DanEC 09-15-2023 05:13 AM

Wow - I remember when I visited Keith Crafts shop for the dyno run on my ERAs engine back around 2009 he had a polished Kirkham in there with one of his 482 engines in it that he was trying to sell. I guess he owned it - not sure, but I remember he said he was try to get somewhere right around $100,000 for it then and I thought man, that seems like a bargain. Guess it was.

fordracing65 09-16-2023 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanEC (Post 1520176)
Wow - I remember when I visited Keith Crafts shop for the dyno run on my ERAs engine back around 2009 he had a polished Kirkham in there with one of his 482 engines in it that he was trying to sell. I guess he owned it - not sure, but I remember he said he was try to get somewhere right around $100,000 for it then and I thought man, that seems like a bargain. Guess it was.

You do realize 2009 was 14-15 years ago. Houses were 6 times cheaper then also.