• 1 Post By Alfa02

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2022, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default pacific roadsters?

when did pacific roadsters close or stop making there wide body cobra's? Does anyone know what happened to the company or there molds etc?
Old 04-20-2022, 02:22 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Not that I know of, I brought a 2012 build (Wide Body) from org. owner last Nov. and have talked to Vin a couple times since then, he was in the middle of building a Daytona Coupe, for the seller of my car, Larry (First owner) lives in AZ, and his Doc said no more open cockpit cars, so Larry is having Vin build him a Coupe. I know he (Vin) is super hard to get ahold of, I have his phone # and Email, plus his address in Salem Ore. @ the shadow, if you need any of those reach out to me PM, and I'll give what I have. I couldn't be happier with the build quality, parts used, fit & finish (347 Dart Block, Trick Flow heads, appox.550HP, Tremec 5-speed 3550 Worldclass, 8.8 SVO 3.55 rear end, Wilwood 4-wheel disc. and a beautiful paint job Silver with grey stripes) Hope this helps, Cheers Tom.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:29 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

On a side note, JCF (Johns Custom Fab.) out of Coos Bay Ore (John) sold out to a company in Mn. and his molds (Wide body, FIA, and 289Street) went to the new owners. I've also owned a JCF 'Slabside' (289 street) another well-built Cobra.
Old 04-20-2022, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

TommyRot,
Now, if you could just get your hands on an ERA>>>>>>>>
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-21-2022, 01:22 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

I know KarlEE what with the buyer (Of my Pacific Roadster) passing away last Wed. it maybe the distant future rather than the near. As the Brentster said maybe it was meant to be, that I keep the Silver car to match his. It does look pretty here in PNW.

Last edited by Alfa02; 04-21-2022 at 01:33 AM..
Old 04-21-2022, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

TommyRot....no fear of racking up many miles, considering your location.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 04-24-2022, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I don't understand why all replica cobras have to be made to original specs when modern people (men and women) are a lot larger in size then when these cars were originally built. and 98% of all chosen race car drivers were small and lanky. I would love to see a wide body and longer wheelbase cobra but still retain the overall correct look so we (some of us) don't have to shoe horn our bodies into a car or make drastic changes to drive it but then no one else can. I want the authentic look I dont care if its not to spec after all unless you own a real shelby AC cobra they are all FAKES.
Thor maine likes this.
Old 04-24-2022, 03:48 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shadow View Post
I don't understand why all replica cobras have to be made to original specs when modern people (men and women) are a lot larger in size then when these cars were originally built. and 98% of all chosen race car drivers were small and lanky.
You can have it both ways, it just takes foresight in the design and parts and careful attention to detail. My ERA fits me perfectly and I'm 6'4" 200 lbs. with 12EEE feet.
Sargie likes this.
Old 04-24-2022, 04:08 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Default Classic Roadster

@ the shadow, look up a Classic Roadster, my first Cobra was one of those. 4.5" longer wheelbase, and 3" wider. Even parked next to 90" wheelbase Cobra it never looked out of place. My 6'3" 245 lbs. buddy fit easily into the car.
Attached Images

RUFdriver likes this.
Old 04-26-2022, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2045, FFR 4068 Coupe sold, FFR 1816 roadster sold, FFR 3218 Roadster sold
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
You can have it both ways, it just takes foresight in the design and parts and careful attention to detail. My ERA fits me perfectly and I'm 6'4" 200 lbs. with 12EEE feet.
12EEE? Are you any relation to Big Foot?
Old 04-26-2022, 10:38 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargie View Post
12EEE? Are you any relation to Big Foot?
Yep, I actually had Doug fab the pedals a little farther apart because of my Fred Flintstone feet. But he still managed to get me a working dead pedal.
Sargie likes this.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
@ the shadow, look up a Classic Roadster, my first Cobra was one of those. 4.5" longer wheelbase, and 3" wider. Even parked next to 90" wheelbase Cobra it never looked out of place. My 6'3" 245 lbs. buddy fit easily into the car.
Ive been looking for a CR for a couple years I fit in them perfectly. Unfortunately each time I find one its sold or its just not my color of choice and Im not looking to redo my 1st cobra right after buying it. Id like to buy the one I want if possible? been looking for a used lonestar or stretched EM and now even a pacific roadster if I ever see one up for sale near me in PA.
Old 04-26-2022, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The big block Cobra's were suppose to be 3" longer! Ford computer designed the suspension for the longer chassis. When Alan Turner, Chief Engineer for AC received the read outs, he was baffled that the forward points on the rear A arms were in the middle of the driver and passenger, Phil Remington was on lone from Shelby, he just chalked it up to the computers of the day! Seems Ford did not tell Shelby or AC about the longer car. So the Cobra stayed 90". I never understood why Bob Nagstadt of Ford never said anything? I know he said that the 90" main rails were already cut, but surely Ford could have come up with a few extra Quid for longer tubes? Cheers, Dennis

Last edited by Harpoon PV2; 04-26-2022 at 10:02 PM..
Old 04-27-2022, 04:12 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

The shadow, my Pacific Roadster was for sale a couple weeks ago, to a buyer around here PNW, to buy ERA2080 (289FIA) but my buyer passed away before the purchase. If I ever find another ERA 289FIA it will be for sale again. My last Cobra will be an ERA 289FIA. My Pacific does have the drop foot box, so taller drivers fit in mine (But still a 90" wheelbase Cobra). I try to keep my finger on the pulse, of used Cobras, if I see one like you're looking for, I could PM you, or PM me, and I'll get my Email & phone#, Cheers Tom.
the shadow and Harpoon PV2 like this.
Old 06-06-2022, 09:23 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Pacific Roadster

I just bought a Pacific Roadster Cobra. I called and talked to the owner of Pacific, he’s still building cars, but it is a small side business now unfortunately. But he is still building them in Salem, Or
Alfa02 and Harpoon PV2 like this.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UCC GT 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Your Cobra looks awesome! Love the wheels!
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:11 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Default My Pacific Roadster

Thank you RUFdriver, I had seen a 65 427 street in 1967, @ the tender age of 12, and told myself if I'm every able to get a Cobra, it will a BRG, 427S/O no roll bars, stripes, and Sunbrust wheels. I found this Classic Roadster 60% built, so I was able to complete the car I'd dreamed about The Sunbrust's are a repo. built by Rocket Racing, they have lugs (No pin drive) and are of great quality. @Aveari1, do you have pictures?? Where do you live? I would like to contact you. Vin doesn't build many Pacific Roadster and would like to talk to you about yours. Here's a Picture of mine. Cheers Tom.
Attached Images

Old 06-07-2022, 08:20 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Heads up @the shadow, there is a Classic Roadster on BaT with 5-days left, nice car, seems like a good build. Nothing too great (Exc. driver?) 302 5-speed 8.8 rear end, (18" wheels, not my cup of tea) may not go for much money, 40's?? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-ac-cobra-8/
Sargie likes this.
Old 06-11-2022, 08:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Heads up @the shadow, there is a Classic Roadster on BaT with 5-days left, nice car, seems like a good build. Nothing too great (Exc. driver?) 302 5-speed 8.8 rear end, (18" wheels, not my cup of tea) may not go for much money, 40's?? https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-ac-cobra-8/
thanks for the lead!