21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2022, 05:00 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Well great, Patrickt now you've piqued my interest...
If you and your consortium can honestly and truthfully come up with something more than just a token insult of an offer, say $20k or more, then have your lawyers throw together a quick tender offer like letter and have them put it on their letterhead and have it delivered by courier to him at his home. I guaranty he'll read it. No one doesn't read a letter from a law firm that gets delivered by courier to their home. Then he'll either say "yes, no or maybe" and the game is on... or off, but at least you'll know. There you have it, and remember, "Fortune favors the bold."
Old 08-11-2022, 06:04 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Thank you Patrickt, we have a meeting this Sat. with our interested parties (Club Members) and will discuss this.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

How do you do a new post? thanks
Old 08-12-2022, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Thank you Patrickt, we have a meeting this Sat. with our interested parties (Club Members) and will discuss this.
Tom - I think Patty was talking about $20K for his lawnmower
RodKnock, Alfa02 and Harpoon PV2 like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 08-12-2022, 01:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
I got a public response out of him just the other day

As with everything else in life, a good majority of the cobra owner and builders have aged out, sold off their cars, or parked them in a garage, allowed to collect dust (right Rodknock) until such time either they, or their next of kin, decide to part with them. Others have found that owning the Cobra is still something to savor, yet have gone out and purchased that late model Mustang, Corvette, or Porsche to fill their need for speed, all while being bathed in the lap of luxury. Others have just given up on sharing their time behind the wheel, their tips and tricks, their heartaches and busted knuckles. Most who are left these days have already finished their cars, sure a few show up now and then to tell us about their builds, rebuilds, and restorations. Some show up looking for information because they are interested in buying or building a car, a few of them stick around, most get a shock to their system when they find the $5,500 "unfinished kit" they purchased will need another $30,000+++ to get on the road. Others stumble in after watching a Youtube video, or watching a movie with a Cobra in it....Again, not all stick around, and even if they do, they prefer to lurk, but not participate. The really funny part is, I see that with quite a few of the older regulars, they prefer to not post, but their user logs show they still check in once a day, week, or month....I've been here for over 22 years, and have seen the ups and downs, the good and the bad, the trolls, and then some, all in a cycle that will repeat itself time and time again.

Again, just my personal observations, no chips on my shoulder, no responsibility other than to be a member who chooses to do more good, than grief for the moderator to deal with on his not so always free time.

Either you get it now, or you do not, that is once again, a personal item I have no control over.

Bill S.
Or, e) parked their polished arruminum Kirkham in their living room and,as it appreciates in value, like a Monet, Picasso or a Ferrari 246GTS, is gazed upon as such works of art.

I still remember rsimones, who roughly 20 years ago, built his Kirkham for $127,000+ and then quickly turned around and sold it for $88,000 on eBay. All those threads of questions, and that final thread where he moaned and whined about owning his Cobra. Lots of good memories here on CC.

He's probably driving around a Tesla now. :
JTMCOBRA likes this.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
If you and your consortium can honestly and truthfully come up with something more than just a token insult of an offer, say $20k or more, then have your lawyers throw together a quick tender offer like letter and have them put it on their letterhead and have it delivered by courier to him at his home. I guaranty he'll read it. No one doesn't read a letter from a law firm that gets delivered by courier to their home. Then he'll either say "yes, no or maybe" and the game is on... or off, but at least you'll know. There you have it, and remember, "Fortune favors the bold."
$20,000? How did you pick that number out of your behind?

You, LeBron and Matt Damon must be big Crypto.com investors.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:25 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Yep, exactly. That's basically my nuisance number. Anything below that I view as being nothing but a nuisance even if it's the true value of something.
JTMCOBRA likes this.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Why do you think it is worth anywhere near 20K? Get the books. Forums used to be a big deal but pretty much everyone has migrated to Facebook, etc (too bad because they have no way to emulate the threaded discussions that make forums valuable (which have their roots, by the way, in VAXNotes).
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:32 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think my lawn mower is worth $20k.
JTMCOBRA and Harpoon PV2 like this.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yep, exactly. That's basically my nuisance number. Anything below that I view as being nothing but a nuisance even if it's the true value of something.
So, $19,000 is a nuisance?

Without seeing a balance sheet, income statement, bank statements and tax returns, etc. for the business, $20K could be laughed off by Brent as being an insult or instantly snapped up by him.
Old 08-12-2022, 02:04 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
$20K could be laughed off by Brent as being an insult or instantly snapped up by him.
I agree completely. But if he counters at $200k then they can take that next step. OTOH if he says "deal" then $20k is basically sofa-cushion money if you want the site. Even if the site throws off less than a grand NOI.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:02 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I agree completely. But if he counters at $200k then they can take that next step. OTOH if he says "deal" then $20k is basically sofa-cushion money if you want the site. Even if the site throws off less than a grand NOI.
A day's worth of work for you, but not everyone bills out at $2,000/hour like you do.

BTW, who was that old CC member with an 427 ERA, sold many years ago, who used to bust your a$$ here and coined the suage of you going to some bar. What kinda bar was he pulling your chain with?

Last edited by RodKnock; 08-12-2022 at 08:05 PM..
Old 08-13-2022, 04:51 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

BTW, who was that old CC member with an 427 ERA, sold many years ago, who used to bust your a$$ here...
That was ERAChas and the oyster bar. I was thinking about him just the other day. I still miss him.
Old 08-13-2022, 05:19 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:

You, LeBron and Matt Damon must be big Crypto.com investors.
It's an intrinsic number, the value is in the user database, and the data on the forum itself. Sure there is annual revenue, and not just from click throughs, but I'm thinking, at 20K, that may be a bit low for the site.

Quote:
Or, e) parked their polished arruminum Kirkham in their living room and,as it appreciates in value, like a Monet, Picasso or a Ferrari 246GTS, is gazed upon as such works of art.

I still remember rsimones, who roughly 20 years ago, built his Kirkham for $127,000+ and then quickly turned around and sold it for $88,000 on eBay. All those threads of questions, and that final thread where he moaned and whined about owning his Cobra. Lots of good memories here on CC.

He's probably driving around a Tesla now. :
Now there is a name that brings back memories........Then again, during cash for clunkers time frame, I remember a certain white, fiberglass CSX4000 series car that went for $77,000 right here on CC . I shall not name the seller, nor the buyer, nor the CSX number so as to not point fingers or shame anyone publicly, but it is all here in the archives for someone to search out for themselves.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 08-13-2022, 05:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
That was ERAChas and the oyster bar. I was thinking about him just the other day. I still miss him.
The oyster bar. That's it. I still get a kick out of that one.

Ya, from time to time, I think about him too. I wonder if he's still with us. I believe he or a family member was not doing well and probably one of the reasons for the sale. Maybe it was his eyesite.

His ERA had real magnesium wheels and there was a time that I chased around for a set. Ah the good old days.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:17 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Thank you, Gentleman we had a great car/airplane show at our Diamond Point Airport this weekend, great turnout (Everything from a 1918 model T to Rob Sweet's GT-40) and as promised we spoke about the Club site. Infact called in a couple favors, friends that buy & sell web sites for their opinions. The conclusion we came up with "Leave sleeping dogs lie" We have reached out to Brent in the past, he knows how to contact us, if needed. The site is up & running everything is good right now. I still would like to put this out there, if Brent every need's our help (Updating software, Web format, or ??) we will be happy to help, if there comes a time, when he wants to sell, we are here to listen. As always Cheers Tom.
JTMCOBRA and Harpoon PV2 like this.

Last edited by Alfa02; 08-16-2022 at 07:22 AM..
Old 08-16-2022, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

After an off-line discussion I'll go ahead and add a comment I stalled on posting:

It's difficult to come up with a value, so a 20K stake in the ground is as good as any. But the reality is that it doesn't matter what number you chose - 10K or 100K the reality is that it's worth way less than you think. Let's say half. So if it's really 10K or 50K that number doesn't matter either.... The reason is that if your strike is 20K and the real number is less, the reality is that the value is approaching zero faster than it is approaching 20k...

When I started doing car forums about 15 years ago I had about 20 on my bookmarks. I'm down to 3 that I watch daily. I used to watch (I'm estimating) about 5 (maybe a few more) Cobra forums regularly. Now there is only this one. Over the years two things occur: Attrition and consolidation. Some forums simply disappear. Most don't die overnight but get less and less traffic or the traffic becomes so irrelevant that people leave in droves [this is what happened to Team Shelby]. Others get taken over by better versions of the same subject - Forum A has a decrease in traffic that allows Forum B to subsume it. In fact, that happened to several of the older Cobra forums that where this forum took over. There were also some specialty forums - I recall a dedicated Shelby CSX forum but can't find it any more even though the bookmark is still in my old bookmarks...

I think Alfa02's decision to back off is the right one. This place will either survive (or die) on its own.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's tempting just to buy the site, so I can ban Patrick.
Old 08-16-2022, 03:47 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's tempting just to buy the site, so I can ban Patrick.
I would bid it up through a shill just to get the last laugh.
Old 08-16-2022, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five
Not Ranked     

BaT for forums?!

If you live in Connecticut, you need to read this thread on registration and taxation BEFORE purchasing a replica:
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/regi...re-beware.html