Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2022, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Grateful!!

Painful reminder of how much I have come to rely on this site. And the community here that establish, extend AND maintain it.

Thank you!!
Old 08-06-2022, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Good to see it back up!
Old 08-06-2022, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2045, FFR 4068 Coupe sold, FFR 1816 roadster sold, FFR 3218 Roadster sold
Not Ranked     

Thanks to the people that got it back up and running. Happy to have this live again!
Old 08-06-2022, 08:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Down 12 +/- days. Anyone have the under at 13.5 days? I took the over. I thought it would be at least a month.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

It seems all it took, was a "little back room talk" about trying to buy the site and within an hour it back up working, Right Bill S. Rodknock, I also had over (14Days)
RodKnock likes this.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:28 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
It seems all it took, was a "little back room talk" about trying to buy the site and within an hour it back up working, Right Bill S. Rodknock, I also had over (14Days)
All I told Brent was that I heard you wanted to buy the site, honest. To hours later, the site was back up and running

Bill S.
Alfa02 likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 08-08-2022, 10:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
All I told Brent was that I heard you wanted to buy the site, honest. To hours later, the site was back up and running

Bill S.
That begs the question, why did you wait 12 days to contact Brent about Alfa02 buying Club Cobra?

Next time, just make sure he's aware of an offer on the table immediately after the site goes down.

It always boggled my mind how the site goes down as often and as long as it does in this day and age.
twobjshelbys and Alfa02 like this.
Old 08-08-2022, 02:08 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
That begs the question, why did you wait 12 days to contact Brent
For the record, I waited less than 24 hours to contact Brent through known back channels. Received a quick response, then communication went silent. My recent "nudge" was to follow up on my original request for "information I could share with the masses". Closed that one out with what I quoted above, again, 2 hours later, we were back up on the web. Coincidence, we may never know.

Bill S.
Alfa02 likes this.

Old 08-08-2022, 03:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I'm somewhat puzzled by the ownership situation on the site. I know Brent owns it (still?). He used to be a very active participant on here. However, within the past "X" number of years, he has disappeared, and the performance of the site periodiocally degrades. Sort of like an absentee ownership situation. It seems few can contact him, he never participates; it's a very odd situation. Some have offered to buy the site, that never seems to bear fruit. Can any of you "insiders" tell us what's going on with the site, with Brent, with the ownershp/management of the site, etc? On the rare occasion that this topic pops up, it seems everyone speaks in riddles that only the inside guys get. It's all gotten very strange from an owner/management perspective.
rads42 and Alfa02 like this.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:14 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
I'm somewhat puzzled by the ownership situation on the site. I know Brent owns it (still?). He used to be a very active participant on here. However, within the past "X" number of years, he has disappeared, and the performance of the site periodiocally degrades. Sort of like an absentee ownership situation. It seems few can contact him, he never participates; it's a very odd situation. Some have offered to buy the site, that never seems to bear fruit. Can any of you "insiders" tell us what's going on with the site, with Brent, with the ownershp/management of the site, etc? On the rare occasion that this topic pops up, it seems everyone speaks in riddles that only the inside guys get. It's all gotten very strange from an owner/management perspective.
I'm not an insider, but with full disclosure, I am the global moderator on a sister site, so I do usually get a response to my inquiries, not as fast as I would like, but some communication is better than none at all. Brent has long finished his Kirkham build, so the draw of the site seems less and less to him I'm sure. Same goes for his GT40 replica. From what I see these days, when I run across one of his online posts, he is into steam punk type vehicles (also polished aluminum panel vans), and for a while, choppers, and modified, vintage Fiat 500's. I know that he is enjoying life, and appears to travel on and off, mostly long weekends to this and that. As we all age a little more, the pull of the cars seems less and less. My 2 car garage now stuffed with 4 convertibles, yet I find myself spending less and less time with them, and more enjoying mine time on earth with SWMBO.

Bill S.
Sargie and Alfa02 like this.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:21 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
... he is into steam punk type vehicles
What an unusual hobby.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
Sort of like an absentee ownership situation.
Exactly the conclusion I've come to over the past few years. There is always an alert: It starts with infrequent database errors. Then they become more frequent and eventually the snake can no longer eat any more of its tail and the whole thing collapses. I refer to it as benign neglect. Ignore the little things long enough and just like a house it collapses.

But it seems that the powers that be don't ever even come here any more to know that something is amiss. If that is the case how about bestowing on someone that does visit often a direct contact so we can get the powers that can fix involved?

I know that several others have offered to band together and "buy" the forum. But I'd caution you that maintaining one of these is not a trivial matter if you don't have some good IT background.

I wonder how many of these problems, however, are fixed by merely rebooting the server.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 08-08-2022 at 07:11 PM..
Old 08-08-2022, 05:20 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Keep in mind there are several other forums of Brent's are, or were on the same server, so when one goes down, they all do.

Here is my list, there very well may be others.

Welcome to Club Chopper--The world's largest Chopper site! - Club Chopper
Club Hot Rod Forums - Club Hot Rod
http://www.automotomedia.net
http://www.usafiat500.com

Bill S.

Old 08-08-2022, 06:30 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

If Brent is listening, I would be happy to help anyway I can. I know a couple IT guys that will help if needed. Let's save our site. Be a real shame to lose 23 years of history here. Cheers Tom.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

I'd be very happy if we could get back to the days gone by almost two decades ago. When I built my Cobra in 2001, this website was great, had a lot of activity, but for some reason, the members started leaving. I did too, but I won't go into the reasons why. I made a lot of friends and learned a lot as well.

I don't know how we can go back to them days gone by, but I'm willing to do anything I can to help.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 08-09-2022, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

This is not a good sign:

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7D611952

Edit: Just got a "connection reset" error.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 08-09-2022 at 02:05 PM..
Old 08-09-2022, 01:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
If Brent is listening, I would be happy to help anyway I can. I know a couple IT guys that will help if needed. Let's save our site. Be a real shame to lose 23 years of history here. Cheers Tom.
Heck, around here, I could sneeze and snoodle on a bunch of "IT" guys, some VC's and cyber security people too. We could really "doll up" the old place here.

And if we lose anything here on CC, then could we lose Patrick's DIY posts? Most of it is just "Look at me!" type stuff anyway.

Does Jamo even moderate anymore?
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 08-09-2022, 01:41 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:

Does Jamo even moderate anymore?
I believe he is the only one left here, like I am on clubhotrod, moderators are a rare breed these days.

Bill S.

Old 08-09-2022, 01:42 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
And if we lose anything here on CC, then could we lose Patrick's DIY posts? Most of it is just "Look at me!" type stuff anyway.
I made a full CC mirror a couple of years ago. Most of my better stuff is on there so I could rip it and jam it up as a repost on short order.
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 08-09-2022, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
This is not a good sign:

PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 7D611952
What is that ?