17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2022, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC # 571, 472 Shelby aluminum "stroker " CSX # 299 from Gessford, 48 IDA Weber carburetors from Jim Inglese
Not Ranked     

Too bad about Craft Racing Engine.
My Shelby aluminum engine built Gessford engine https://www.gessford.com/almost 20 years ago to my complete satisfaction.
George and his crew are very friendly, builds excellent quality and has decades of experience.

Walter

http://www.kreuchi-auto.ch
Old 08-17-2022, 09:06 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
Does anyone know of contact info for the attorney handling their closure (bankruptcy?)? Someone on the FE forum is trying to get in contact with them over his parts and deposit he had left there. Apparently it’s all in the hands of attorneys now.
Remember that the unfortunate reality of business failures is that what caused it was there was not enough money around to survive the downturn. That means inevitably somebody gets stiffed. The entity is also an LLC, which in today's climate seem to come and go. Plus, if they didn't have enough money to keep the business going then they're probably trying to cut corners on legal fees (lawyers don't talk to creditors for free) -- and after all, its a relatively small engine shop, this is not Enron. I did check the federal PACER system and nothing came up for filings. I do feel for them. Some of my favorite shops went under in the last couple of years and I've done business with Craft in the past, to my total satisfaction. Unfortunately, business in America ain't for the faint of heart and some good companies end up going under.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

I did some checking too. I don’t think they have formally filed for bankruptcy as nothing recent popped up for the county in Arkansas records but maybe they are working towards it.

We drive by their shop going down to my wife’s hometown nearby. The next time we go I’ll stop and see if any info is posted on their shop doors.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:09 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I did some checking too. I don’t think they have formally filed for bankruptcy as nothing recent popped up for the county in Arkansas records but maybe they are working towards it.

We drive by their shop going down to my wife’s hometown nearby. The next time we go I’ll stop and see if any info is posted on their shop doors.
If there are security interests covering the cool and expensive engine building tools, but minimal or no assets left over to liquidate, and no personal guaranties floating around, then they might not file for bankruptcy at all. You just walk away from it all and your creditors can chase your LLC to their hearts' content. Now, you can argue the morality of that until the Arkansas cows come home, but thems the breaks.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Lots and lots of businesses went "belly up" in the past few years, so I'm not surprised one of the "go to" crate engine builders did too. The pandemic killed more than a million people in the US too.

I got curious and checked up on my engine builder, FE Specialties. Looks like Tom Lucas is still in business, but moved his operations from Sacramento, CA to Chiloquin, OR, which looks like the middle of nowhere. But he's still in business.

And if we're talking about the morality of establishing an LLC for your business, then let's talk about the morality of filing a frivolous lawsuit.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:06 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
And if we're talking about the morality of establishing an LLC for your business, then let's talk about the morality of filing a frivolous lawsuit.
No. This is the post that Dan is referring to:
https://www.fordfe.com/craft-perform...s-t166844.html
Old 08-17-2022, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Does anyone know of contact info for the attorney handling their closure (bankruptcy?)? Someone on the FE forum is trying to get in contact with them over his parts and deposit he had left there. Apparently it’s all in the hands of attorneys now.
Read the stub web site linked in the original post. From the sound of it attorneys will be contacting you. You could try to contact Craft but my assessment is there is no further contact with the business.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
No. This is the post that Dan is referring to:
https://www.fordfe.com/craft-perform...s-t166844.html
No what? I'm speaking in generalities, not specifically to the Craft situation.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:15 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
No what? I'm speaking in generalities, not specifically to the Craft situation.
Establishing an LLC is not moral nor is it immoral, it is the conduct of the individuals that cast shades of morality only to be hidden behind the cloak of the LLC.
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 08-19-2022, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Regarding Brent,,, He's a top notch builder with volumes of accumulated knowledge. Something to keep in mind is that the more time he spends on the phone, the less time he has to spend in the shop. JMHO
Old 05-06-2023, 06:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4145, aluminum body and Shelby aluminum FE stroker
Not Ranked     

Just FYI, Brent did indeed end up doing our engine, and the experience for me was nothing short of fantastic:

Lykins Motorsports 445 FE
legenmetals and nkb like this.
Old 05-06-2023, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Some additional information, click here => https://katv.com/community/7-on-your...rmance-engines

Really a sad story ...

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 05-06-2023, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Challenge Car, RDI aluminum 427w
Not Ranked     

I have two friends that had issues with Lance. One had a deposit on a motor and had to fight to get it. Another sent an engine back for agreed warranty repairs after about 300 miles. Took 50 weeks of multiple promises and phone calls to finally get it back.

I always liked talking to Lance at LCS and thought he would pick up where Keith left off. Not sure if this was actually the case in the last years.

Things change, not always sure why.

Jim
Old 05-07-2023, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

My big motor, 410 stroker was a Keith Craft build, says so on the heads and valve covers.....in the car now is a summit crate 351, its a nasty little motor and it will stay in the car.