Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2002, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique 427 302/300hp t/5
Not Ranked     
Default team c racing

has anybody build or own 427 replica by team c racing i hear there the same as shell valley . please let me hear about any info on this kit

Last edited by COBRAGAR; 11-29-2002 at 10:20 AM..
Old 12-01-2002, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Team-C-Racing is in joint partnership with Shell Valley on the TCR 427 kit along with other kits that TCR has develloped and sent to Shell Vally to have the molds and the chassies made, both companies share in the sales of the kits, but TCR 427 kit is sold only by Team-C- Racing. This kit is the same as the $20,000.00 S.V. kit the only difference is TCR takes out all the bell & whisles that you do not need to finish the car, an injoy driving it. An at a later date add the the bells & whisles, as there add states all you need to finish this car is, motor - trans - wheels - tires - drive shaft - battery - paint job the rest is all there, there toll free number is on there web site. I have built and own this kit.There is nothing not to like about it, or the people that stand behind it.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     

2000, I see you have a Cleveland, what have you got in it parts wise, heads, compression, cam, any hp adder, etc. I run a Cleveland and am always looking for different tricks
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 12-01-2002, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The Cobra on "team c racing" 's web site is mine now!
I imported the car in Belgium one year ago, and I'm VERY pleased with it.

Team C Racing
Pictures
Old 12-01-2002, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My motor as fully ported and polished heads,550 lift cam over300 duration ,single plane hi raise intake with a holly carb.11.5-1 compression c9ae cast numbers on heads and block .The heads are 4 barrle heads
Old 01-15-2003, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default SV or TCR

Quote:
Originally posted by cobra2000

Team-C-Racing is in joint partnership with Shell Valley on the TCR 427 kit along with other kits that ...... TCR 427 kit is sold only by Team-C- Racing. This kit is the same as the $20,000.00 S.V. kit the only difference is TCR takes out all the bell & whisles that you do not need to finish the car, an injoy driving it. An at a later date add the the bells & whisles, as there add states all you need to finish this car is, motor - trans - wheels - tires - drive shaft - battery - paint job the rest is all there, there toll free number is on there web site. I have built and own this kit.There is nothing not to like about it, or the people that stand behind it.
Hey Cobra2000,

So did you buy the Team-C kit TCR 427 or did you purchase from Shell Valley? I'm researching cobras for a possible build. One of my friends built a Shell Valley a few years ago and it's nice but it doesn't seem to have much foot room. It has a 428PI and an automatic instead of a standard where the tranny tunnel seems a little large IMO. How much foot room do you have? Also, what "bells and whistles" are not included in the TCR kit. Seems like a pretty darn good deal. I would be running my 427 and probably a TKO.

Thanks

"If it doesn't fit force it, if it breaks then it probably needed to be replaced anyway"
Old 01-15-2003, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Wink TCR 427

When I bought my Shell Valley car from Team C Racing they had not yet come out with the TCR 427 kit. How ever I have driven the TCR 427 and you can't tell the difference. The two cars are one in the same. The TCR427 kit is very complete, it is more than likly the most complete kit, in the kit car market place today. They give you every thing you need to finish the car to get it regesterd and start injoying your car. The parts they take out of the kit, like chrome bumbers and over riders.extra side view mirrors ,wind wings and sun vissors don't make the car drive. Take the money you would have spent on these parts and spend it on your motor instead. You can pritty up the car at later date,or a little at a time.
Old 01-16-2003, 04:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool Soungs great

I already have the engine or should I say engine's. Haven't decided if I want to use the stroked 427 that's currently in my race car (Will have to mill the domes off of the pistons) or use a 428cj that's setting on my shelf, it needs to be rebuilt and is still standard bore. Do you have any pictures of your car? I'd sure like to see them and where are you located? I'm still researching so I'm trying to get as much info as possible. How much foot room do you have? This could be a concern, when I was sitting in my friends Shell Valley my feet felt very cramped and uncomfortable. How cramped would it be when I have an extra pedal for the clutch instead of just the brake and gas pedal as in his car. Check out my photos of my race car in the photo sections.

Thanks for the infor and I'm sure I'll have more questiosn later

"If it doesn't fit force it, if it breaks then it probably needed to be replaced anyway"
Old 01-16-2003, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Phantasea427
I see you are of the same twisted spirit I am. I have an 80 Mustang Cobra with a 427TP. I recently purchased a Shell Valley and had them add dropped foot boxes due to the cramped foot room also this was a $100 per side option. I do not know the difference between the Team C car and the Shell Valley but I do know you can delete some of the frills off the Shell Valley kit to reduce the price and customize your kit as I did. I am in Dayton Ohio if you are close come see my car. The sad thing is I haven't done any real work to it yet.

Doc