Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2002, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 445 FE stroker
Not Ranked     
Default want a new FORD GT

I know there was some discussion about the new Ford GT, and just wanted to let anyone interested that the dealership where I work has been told we will be getting at least one and maybe a second one but I feel that isn't very likely. Any way we will take a deposit on it and I will promise you that all these cars will be sold way before they ever hit the showroom floor. Also be prepared to pay at least 10,000 to 15,000 over sticker.
I know its crazy to be talking about buying a car that is over a year away from delivery, at a price over sticker but this is the way these cars will be sold. I'm only posting this to let anyone inerested know ours will be spoken for soon. Man that sounds like some line a salesman would say doesn't it.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     

Car is way cool, but I gotta tell ya, Billy Ford had better have a few tricks up his sleeve to get FoMoCo out of the s**t, and I don't think this retro "GT" is going to one of them.

Ford keeps missing the point. While the current Corvette is not my idea of the consumate sports car, it IS available and attainable at about a 1/3 of the price of this latest high end toy.

I think Ford should reconsider the dropping of "40" from the cars name.....instead of 40 inches high how about its target consumers waist size???

Bud
Old 12-04-2002, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Budman, valid points, I guess the way to put it is your wallet has to be fatter than your waist to get one of these babies. Fords bread and butter are trucks and SUV's. Heres a little trivia, back in 97 or 98 can't remember which, Fords profit from one plant (produced Expeditions) was greater than than all of Chysler's for that year. I believe we will see more limited production cars and trucks in the years ahead, I believe Ford sees a niche and they are trying to capitalize on the desire of some baby boomers.
Old 12-05-2002, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     

Where can one see what these will look like?
Old 12-05-2002, 10:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

several car mags have had stories on them. there are also pics and specs on the following site. no trim and engine pics though, bummer :

http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/index.asp?bhcp=1
Old 12-05-2002, 10:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

scroll thru the 4 pages on the following edmunds site and some diff pics show as well as specs ;

http://www.edmunds.com/future/2004/f...e/preview.html
Old 12-05-2002, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 454 S.O.
Not Ranked     

Bud Man:

The 40 has been dropped already, Ford doesn't own the rights to the name. It is now just called the GT. As far as answering the original question, keep it.

“If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower.”

Mark Donahue
Old 12-05-2002, 09:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Alex, if you want to see it first that will cost you extra, no you can't take a test drive, I suppose next you will want a price, man I hate demanding customers. Look just write out a check for $50,000 down payment we will finance the rest, would you like a 15 year or 30 year loan.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

how bout : Zero down, Zero interest and Zero payments and price it out under the "friends and neighbors" program. B
Old 12-06-2002, 03:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

latest update from Detroit News :

http://www.detnews.com/2002/autosins.../a01-29164.htm
Old 12-09-2002, 06:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So Razor;
Have you looked into getting on, on the 'D' plan? Like if you actually could get one, you'd be under sticker!
Old 12-09-2002, 08:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lincoln, Yea D plan, I can't even get the Mustang Cobra on D plan. Well maybe now in the dead of winter I could. I tell you I've never seen the interest in a car like the GT is producing, and people willing to lay down the money to get a chance at buying it for over sticker, Can't wait to see it,
Old 12-10-2002, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree, I doubt if the GT, will be like the Bird. I remember when you could not touch one and they were going for 5-10k ADM. Now we've have them sit, for months.
I'm waiting for the Boss, next year. If it is what they say it will be, I may step
Old 12-10-2002, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ford says the GT will be around $130,000. More like $150,00, once you add the dealer premium to it. OUCH. I like it but not that much.

Ross
Old 12-30-2002, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my first--Looking forward to #2 someday
Not Ranked     
Talking

Razor;

I'm interested---is the GT (40) still available thru your dealership? How much of a deposit, and what will be the final number for the car? Also, when is delivery scheduled??

BigEasy
Old 12-30-2002, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

For $150K I can buy a ERA GT-40 and pay off my house. Why can's Ford Build a real Sports car for about the same money as a Corvette? The new Supercharged Cobra is nice but it is still a modified Mustang. The T-Bird has potential if they put the supercharged Cobra motor in it and a suspension and tires to match. I bet they could do a SVO T-Bird for similar money to the Z06 vette.
Old 12-30-2002, 08:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Aumoore;
Actually, I was waiting for a Shelby type to come along, stretch the T-bird about 10 inches in the front and stick a lightened V-10 in it. Viola! A new generation Cobra!
The truth is, Ford or the rest, keep the prices of the special cars up, so as to not off set their production quotas,among other things. Politics, again. Remember when the PT Cruiser was first introduced? It was a rear wheel drive, using a transaxle, in the rear, kinda like the Prowler. It got the ax in the final stages, and got stuck on the Neon platform, because it would have to be classed as a truck, were it rear wheel drive. That would have put Chrysler into deep dodo, with the feds; as they were already over 50% sales of trucks. It seems that was an issue with Uncle, due to CAFE standards. So, you get a cute little front wheel drive, lousy hanling, POS, rather that a spunky little nostalgia grocery getter.
Like I mentioned, in an earlier post, I'm hoping that the 03 Stang will in fact be what they say. The current MACH I is a 4.6 with 5.4 heads and is rated at a mild 305 as to not kick the Cobras in the but. Ford rumor has it, that the 03 Mustan will be a retro long hood short deck with a nostalgia style of the 64-68 Stangs. If that is true, and the 03 Boss is in fact opened up a bit more than the 02 MachI, I may step for that. Still less than a Vette and some Muscle to boot!
Old 12-30-2002, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM, Buick V6, FFR Spyder, Buick V6
Send a message via AIM to TurboVenom
Not Ranked     

Here's some eye candy, taken at the Woodward cruise in August.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/GT40/gt40-1.jpg
http://www.casperselectronics.com/GT40/gt40-2.jpg
http://www.casperselectronics.com/GT40/gt40-3.jpg
http://www.casperselectronics.com/GT40/gt40-4.jpg

-John Spina
http://www.casperselectronics.com/cobra.htm

FFR Spyder

EM Cobra

Bumble Bee

Everett Morrison built in 1995, 78,000 miles
FFR Spyder built in 2004
Both with Buick V6 turbo engines
11.40 @ 118 in the EM Cobra
11.99 @ 119 first time out in the Spyder

It's only funny until someone gets hurt.
Then it's friggin hilarious!
Old 12-31-2002, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

At least they got rid of that "Bumper" thingy on the back. I agree with Aumoore about the pricing on the Corvette; at $50,000 that's what Ford needs to aim for. Although the new Viper is upwards of $80.000, I think. I DO like the looks of the "Forty Nine" Tudor.

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:32 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Default Close but....

That "Bumper Thing" is not on the white car because the white car is one of the "concept" show cars, not one of the "mules". There will be some sort of rear bumper to meet fed standards. Not as ugly as the mule shows, but not as slick as the concept car.

Understand that Ford because of corporate policy will meet the standards to the letter of the law. Some "exotic" manufacturers may stretch the letter of the law and operate under the the "best intentions" concept. They may be able to make a slicker looking vehicle becuase of this.

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/