Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2003, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     
Default Is it just me

I have to log on everytime. While in shop talk forum on alt size thead I click on powermaster website link.My computer gets a blank screen saying world wide webat top left and computer is stuck.I cant cancel .AOL will not budge Try to shut down and get a warning about a task in progress. Now I'm restarting and logging on again.Can you tell I'm over my head w/this stuff?Is this only happening to me.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Michael,

I just went out and tried the link in the forum you did and had no problem at all. I always clean out all of my cookie and tracker files when I go off line for the day and I am on AOL also. Try doing that as it sounds as if one of them may be garbaged. The only two you will have to reload are the Global.org and Main.idx files and what I did while they were small was to make a copy of them in the AOL backup folder. All others will automatically rebuild themselves when you log onto AOL. One of the files in the Organize folder will have your favorite places and visited URLs in it and you will have to re enter them the first time you go onto any of those places. I delete all these files on a daily baisis as they do get corrupted from time to time. If I can be of any help e-mail me or post.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 01-06-2003, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

You said what the problem was Michael.. AOL They hate it when you venture out on your own.. My experience is that if you search AOL with a single word and Google with the same word the results are very different.. Use AOL and login to Yahoo.. You get a similar freeze up.. I conclude from your symptoms AOL hates cobra's as they hate most things freedom loving americans love..

Search for guns using AOL.. 85% of your hits are going to reflect crimes of violence.. While Yahoo or Google will be a mix of places to shop, places to buy and some negative as well as positive gun news.

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
Old 01-06-2003, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

It was just me I did somt stuff and that problem went away.
Old 01-07-2003, 04:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Scrobrac,

I am not pushing AOL by any means as they do have their problems but I have been on it for years and don't have the problems you described. I belong to some Yahoo car groups and have never had a problem going to them. Maybe it is because I do some changing of the AOL files on my own and sort of customize my programs. Such as this club. I just type c in the url bar and I come right here. You are completely correct about the search finding different things though. I use several different search engines and nearly every one of them will turn up things that the others missed.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery