21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2003, 02:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am using the PSE 17 inch with Hoosiers on the track. They work very well and are a quick change from the 15 inch. When they came in one was bent by UPS he replaced it at once (less than a week).See pictures for better side shot.
Attached Images

Last edited by ls1ac; 02-21-2003 at 02:51 AM..
Old 02-21-2003, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #724, 427W
Not Ranked     
Arrow

Joe: Take a look at Jim Baldwin's photos on p. 1 of this thread for another view.

Looks like Phil has a set size on this 100-wheel batch. I was under the impression when I first talked with him that he would furnish a range of sizes, but preferred to build the 9 & 11 inch. I guess the preference has become a firm one, at least on this run.

What size tires did you want to run on the 17's?

TimV
Old 02-21-2003, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     

Tell Phil I am willing to wait for the next batch to get the 11.5 rears....but I would still like to be included on this group discount order if he can. I don't have a car to put them on yet so I can wait. But if he will count me in on the discount, I'll order them now and take delivery whenever he runs an 11.5 batch

Are Jim Baldwins wheels chromed or polished?

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."
Old 02-23-2003, 01:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

Hi..

Man do I feel stupid coming in at the end.. It's sunday afternoon.. I went to fit my 15" Trigos on friday and found the offset was wrong.. It's 3.5 on the 9.5" wheel. I need about 4.375-4.50 on a 9.5" wheel.. close to 6" on an 11..

I didn't understand the reference to the thread about PSE and the Trigo offest being the same.. Are all the wheels being built to a 3.5" offset.. (7.5" from the outside face) Help..

Michael Strunk

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Last edited by SCOBRAC; 02-23-2003 at 01:35 PM..
Old 02-23-2003, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

"As noted in an earlier post, his offsets duplicate the Trigos, with 1 inch of rim inside and either 1/2 or 1 inch outside depending upon the desired width. Same for the SPF-brand wheels."

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Last edited by SCOBRAC; 02-23-2003 at 01:57 PM..
Old 02-23-2003, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Michael: I'm suggesting that guys with fitment questions contact Phil directly to work out these details, get the straight scoop from him. Once you are squared away and ready, contact me and let me know exactly what you need to order, and we'll get it done.

There are several guys needing specifics, so I'm going to hold off placing the group purchase a couple days until they get answers, and get back to me.

Tim
Old 02-23-2003, 05:55 PM
Subsistance du serpent
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baldwin
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Joe,

My wheels are polished.

Thanks,

A few ERAs, SPFs, Shelbys, Kirkhams...
Old 02-23-2003, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I actually called him Saturday and left a message but I will call him again tomarrow..

Old 02-23-2003, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     

Jim,
AWESOME looking wheels. (And Car!) Thanks for postin a picture...I think it is a better option than chrome. BTW...who built your engine?

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."

Last edited by joea; 02-23-2003 at 07:46 PM..
Old 02-24-2003, 05:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Old car with 6 banger
Not Ranked     

Guys,
I am also getting ready to get a set of wheels. I'm putting outboard brakes on the rears and large calipers on the front, so I have to check with PSE to see what will fit. Trying to decide whether 15's or 17's and pin drive or bolt ons. Should have all this worked out this week, if you are still looking for group purchase participants.

DC

Last edited by Dave Crace; 02-24-2003 at 05:03 AM..
Old 02-24-2003, 08:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Anyone have the number for PSE? I may be game to pick up an extra set of wheels but I have the old style SPF WAWs.
Old 02-24-2003, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Arrow

PS Engineering - (310) 534-4477.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I called Phil this morning to talk with him about the ERA applications. He is using 9.5 on front and 11 on the back. He said that he has not done a 11.5 as a standard size. I have an XJS rearend that was narrowed by ERA to the same width as the XKE. He said some cars have had slightly wider rearend widths where the Trigos have been pretty tight against the fenders. I am not sure what this combination is.

He said knowing that I have a rearend narrowed by era and the trigo adapters he can fit the car.

Last edited by Red Era; 02-24-2003 at 05:11 PM..
Old 02-24-2003, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Good to hear. I expect Phil can solve most fitment questions concerning his wheels and their relationship to other brands- certainly better than me....

How are the rest of you guys coming? Can we place an order by Friday, Feb. 28? I keep seeing these photos of PSE wheels, and beginning to suffer withdrawal symptoms anticipating a set.

TimV.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation Taking this off-line

I received some feedback from someone tonight that indicated there was some concern about the publicity this group purchase is generating. I'm not sure I understand what the concerns are; group purchases with manufacturers & distributors are pretty commonplace; everybody benefits, and no one (retailers, etc.) really gets harmed, since our price is still above their cost.

But, in the interest of keeping the purchase out of jeopardy and seeing it through, I'm taking any further communications on this off-line (off the forum) until we wrap it up. I would ask you prospective buyers to do the same out of respect for the seller's wishes.

Please contact me via private email, or by telephone: (541) 751-4334 days, (541) 269-2360 eves (Pacific time).

Thanks for understanding.

TimV (an old warrior who hates getting caught in cross-fire! )
Old 02-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

I AM DEFINITELY IN. Just checked fitment and adaptors. Has anyone had trouble with front tires rubbing with the 9 inch width?
Old 02-26-2003, 01:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Just a suggestion (and nothing to do with the wheel purchase), once you guys have the tire specs that you're after, give Todd Holzwarth at Discount Tire Direct an email THolzwarth@discounttireco.com

He's the guy for internet related bulk purchase deals on tires, and he was prepared to do some killer deals for a group purchase of tires that I'd previously worked on.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Good suggestion - needs a new topic started

Good idea, Craig. I'd be willing to participate in a tire buy, but not as the coordinator on it. If someone does, please start a new topic - this'n is getting long in the tooth....

Mike: I'll contact you off-line.

TimV