21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2003, 10:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Anyone know anything about Pegasus Performance ? (Cobra Builder)

I always see their link on Cobra Country, but there site doesn't have alot on it. Anyone ever delt with them.

Last edited by Lurking Long; 02-17-2003 at 12:23 PM..
Old 02-15-2003, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

They are real big with the formula cars. Formula Ford, Formula Vee and some of the other classes. They handle first rate hard core racing items. Hard to find otherwise. Good stuff. They have a first rate catalogue available.

Rick
Old 02-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A couple of things I have ordered from them have been out of stock. However, they will let you know immediately and not hang you up. All in all there service has been good.
Steve
Old 02-16-2003, 06:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates 351W tremec
Not Ranked     

I have ordered oil cooler temp probe mount and the mocal oil cooler thermo
stat. They had 1 in stock and the other was back ordered. They informed me that the
other item would be in in a week. Sure enough it was at my door in 8 days.
I had good luck with them.
Steve
Old 02-16-2003, 07:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

I have their catalog and have ordered form them on three occasions. Always prompt and courteous! I would recommend them.

TURK
Old 02-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Anyone know anything about Pegasus Performance ?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lurking Long

I always see their link on Cobra Country, but there site doesn't have alot on it. Anyone ever delt with them.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but I think Lurking was asking about Pegasus Performance...the 'new' Cobra replica builder in Kansas City, that currently has the opening photo spot on CobraCountry...

..not the racing parts company, Pegasus Auto racing, that I think you all are referring to:

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/
Old 02-16-2003, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     

WELL - - - - IF YOU'RE ASKING ABOUT A COBRA MANUFACTURER I HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE.

IF YOU'RE ASKING ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE PARTS SUPPLIER, I HAVE ORDERED SEVERAL TIMES FROM THEM. THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HELPFUL, COURTEOUS, THEIR PRICES ARE VERY COMPETETIVE AND THEIR SERVICE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT; DELIVERY HAS ALWAYS BEEN EXACTLY AS STATED.

THEY ALSO HAVE A LOT OF STUFF THAT OTHERS DON'T CARRY.

ONE TIME - ROCKET SCIENTIST THAT I AM - "I" ORDERED THE WRONG PART NUMBER. WHEN IT ARRIVED, AND I DISCOVERED "MY" MISTAKE, I CALLED THEM AND THEY OVERNITED THE CORRECT PART TO ME ALONG WITH A PREPAID LABEL TO RETURN THE FIRST PART ALL AT NO CHARGE.

THEIRS IS GENERALLY THE FIRST CATALOG I LOOK TO WHEN I NEED SOMETHING. REALLY CLASS FOLKS.

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY,

BLACKJACK
Old 02-17-2003, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

r
Quote:
Pegasus Performance...the 'new' Cobra replica builder in Kansas City, that currently has the opening photo spot on CobraCountry...
Yes that is what I am asking about, not the parts supplier.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I met the guys from Pegasus in Saint Louis last year at the Run and Gun and they were very helpful as well as being very knowledgable. Seemed like good guys to do business with.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 02-19-2003, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

.......Isn't that the infamous "bobl" that started that controversial thread about DOT coming down on the industry?
As far as their cars go, I heard they are supposed to be pretty nice, but I've never seen one in person. Let me know if you ever see / drive one yourself, and tell us what you think. In their price point, they have some stiff competition, but their delivery time is pretty good. It's almost TOO quick. Makes me wonder about quality, but you would have to see one to be the judge.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

Infamous? Bob Lockett did start that thread, and for what it's worth he was right. DOT is looking into the Cobra industry. mostly at the urging of the insurance industry who is experiencing huge increases of claims in the Cobra Speciality sector mostly thanks to the advent of FFR..

Pegasus is a top notch company who I have used for specialty parts for many years.

http://www.427cobras.com/

http://www.cobracountry.com/pegasus/

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
Old 05-11-2003, 10:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't own a Cobra. But love them so much, am Chief Operating Office of a company that builds them.
Not Ranked     

Gentleladies and Gentlemen.... I appreciate all of the accolades. And we're really NICE people with which to do business. That said, we are NOT Pegasus Racing, the parts supply folks.

Any resemblance to any living firm is purely coincidental....or however a movie trailer would put it.

We named our company "Pegasus" on the thought we would have a BLUE winged horse with two white racing stripes as our logo. The theme was considered to be " Why ride when you can fly?"......... but we decided against that. Somehow the name remained and then my 7 year old son drew our logo. Frankly, I couldnt break his heart by changing the name and, anyway, Pegasus was better than "Acme Fast Cars".

We're just getting rolling and will continue to strive to be an asset to the industry. Any assistance we may offer is yours for the asking. We're ultimately in the PEOPLE business, not the performance automobile entertainment biz. The links ablve are correct ( Thank you SCOBRAC ) so please come visit us. And yes, we're gearing up a banner ad for ClubCobra as this is being written.

Thanks for the chance to clear the air and explain a little about us and who we are about. All the best !!!!!!!!!! Bob Lockett

Bob Lockett, Chief Operating Officer
PREMIER MotorSports, LLC
Old 05-12-2003, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

doh.. FUBAR. bOO..

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
Old 05-12-2003, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast 460, Performer Cam & Intake, Edelbrock 750cfm Carb
Not Ranked     

Saw one this past week-end at a cruz-in in N. Ga. The car looked very well built and the owner seemed quite pleased.

The owner had put a 5.0 in it and had made a great car to get around in at any time.

Yellow too, with white stripes - looked great.