Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2003, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Smile Hey ED, Come and Get IT!!! Jenny's car is DONE!!!

Hey Ed,

Sorry for the 1 week delay in finishing the car...The masterpiece is complete.

Ready for pick-up.

Oh my...

Brushed aluminum body
Polishe stripes
Wilwood 4 piston forged aluminum brake calipers
12.19 inch vented rotors
adjustable control arms (like Ken Mile's car)
Stainless steel tank
Stainless steering u-joints
Knock-off pin-drive wheels
Leather seats

Oh my...what a cool car.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 02-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David,

Thanks for taking so much time and effort for MY car!!

You guys are to be commended! Bravo!!

Regards,

Keith
Old 02-14-2003, 11:28 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Wow!

You know David, we could save a lot of cost just by bringing it straight to my house since I am going to win it any ways! The trick is, we still have to raise a bunch of money for CF.

Seriously, I can't wait to see the car. I hope we sell a BUNCH of tickets for it. I hope I win it! I am working on the add to sell my Unique! Looking forward to meeting you.

It is a good thing that you do!

Best Regards, your future customer
Rick Dorman
Old 02-14-2003, 11:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

David,

Why don't you guys save time and energy and ship it directly to my garage instead of taking the long path to Columbus then to my garage.....

Saves me the hassle of having two cars to bring back to California from DVSFIII !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony R.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

How about a picture?

What's she rolling on? I assume you had tires since you never told me what sizes to order--send me the bill.
Old 02-14-2003, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

HOW ABOUT SOME PICS?????

...more important....

HOW ABOUT SOME RAFFLE TICKETS??????
Old 02-14-2003, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

Hey David, I'm going to Chicago next week with my trailer, why don't I just make a big swing and pick it up on the way home. One way or another it has to get here anyway.

Now, the thread that was started by Tessa! She should make some notes about the Kirkhams. Talk about honesty and integrity. Here is chapter 1 on how to run a business and make friends while doing it! You guys should be proud of what you're doing , you are the best!
Don
Old 02-15-2003, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

Keith,

Thanks for the kind words. I hope this one goes east so we can get some more customers out your way.

Rick,

I would never make it to your house—I’d by carjacked by someone long before I ever made it there—probably Tony, Turk, or Jamo.

Tony,

I think the only way you are going to get this one is to car jack it from me. I am sure there will be a price put on your head if you win TWO IN A ROW!!!

Jamo,

Sorry about the tires. I was too tired to call you with the sizes—so I just took them off your car. I’m a bum…what can I say…OOPS! I said the “bum” word around Jamo. Jamo, please don’t take that as a request.

I need my own camera. I am tired of begging it off of my brother. Maybe I’ll go buy one today. Anyone got any suggestions?

John,

See the above post to Jamo…errrr I hope you don’t “see” too much. I’m looking for a camera.

As for raffle tickets, that’s not my department. My department only deals with flat sheets of aluminum and other night-time extra-curricular activities (such as pinching Jamo’s wheels). Might I suggest we all call DV at once—seeing how he hasn’t responded to this thread yet.

Don,

Come on by! I’d love to meet you. That is a long way to go out of your way…hmmmm. I wonder if he has any ulterior motives…just kidding! I’d love to have you come by. We do need to get the car out to Ohio ASAP so DV can start his work.

Thank you for your kind words.

I hope to see you all this year and I know we will all have a great time. Also…we just might have something cool to show this year.

David
Old 02-15-2003, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Owner, Classic Roadsters II
Not Ranked     

David, I would love to come by. If I had the time I would do it in a heartbeat. I could make some calls and see if we can get the shipping donated unless Ed has already done so. Hey Ed, want me to work on this for you?
Don
Old 02-15-2003, 10:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     
Default PICK UP

Hey DV,
Since my trailers at your place maybe I'll go get it for you.
There's only one small problem....

I think on the way back it might not make it to OHIO...
Might as well just store it in Chicago.....
yeah that's it.....
I've got just enough room in my garage.....
(Insert Gulloms voice here) Precious myyyyyyyyyy Precious......
Old 02-15-2003, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by David Kirkham

I hope to see you all this year and I know we will all have a great time. Also…we just might have something cool to show this year.

David
A Kirkham SS perhaps?
Old 02-15-2003, 03:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave
Here is a digital camera you might take a look at. It's a 5.0 mega pixels
point and shoot Nikon coolpix 5000.

Jim

Last edited by JRWCOBRA; 02-15-2003 at 04:27 PM..
Old 02-15-2003, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree with Jim about the NIKON CoolPix...I have one and love it. However, it needs a good OPTICAL zoom...look at Nikon's latest offering, I believe it has one.

PS where are the "tickets"?...it's probably the only way I'm gonna get a Cobra anytime soon
Old 02-15-2003, 08:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

David,
It's not nice to tease like that.

Might have.. hint hint.. wink wink...
Come on fess up? Are we talking about a coupe maybe?

Thanks for your generous donation. I'll take good care of it when DV's done puttin in the go box.

Scott
Old 02-16-2003, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

When we debated if the car should be auctioned off, or raffled many decided raffle would be the way to go!
I still remain a sceptic. However majority rules, and raffle it was.

I also believe it was agreed at the time, the tickets should go on sale as soon as possible to give some of us an opprtunity to sell tickets to friends and family.

It is almost March. I think we should get the tickets going soon for maximum effect!

DV, anything we can do to help?

TURK
Old 02-16-2003, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

David

IMHO--and one you used intaking the pic of me in my car--Sony 707 (now they have an upgraded 717)--5 megapixels, Carl Zeiss lens, Sony battery life--excellent, etc. Tough too--I've traveled all over the place with it--last years Fling, VICE, England, and of course KISS.

Also holds world's speed record for one-handed focused pic--140mph coming through Death Valley.

Using my tires on Jenny's car was ok, so long as they say "JAMO" in big letters...

Last edited by Jamo; 02-16-2003 at 08:12 AM..
Old 02-16-2003, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

Is DV still alive? Or does he have his head buried in an engine compartment somewhere??? Anyone know when he will come up for air?

Thanks for all of the suggestions on a camers.

David
Old 02-17-2003, 12:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

On a serious note (once the car is well packed and on its way to Australia), can we get some tickets over here as well. I dont mind paying for the shipping of the car!

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 02-17-2003, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     
Smile

Andy,

Speaking of moving cars over to Australia...we have been making right hand drive cars now for some time. They have all gone to England.

What do you think about the market Down Under? We have been thinking about expanding the market and would like to have some cars down there as well...Any thoughts?

David
Old 02-17-2003, 09:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well obviously i could be your ambassador if you wanted me to drive around in one of your cars for a few months. You could probably twist my arm and make me do that!

Seriously though, we have a couple of high end manufacturers over here, you may have heard of Robnell Sportscars. They make a beautiful car, catering more for the guys that want a finished car, (approx $130,000 AU for a big block which is roughly $65000 US). They are built about 5 minutes from my house in Melbourne.
Superformance are also starting to sell here as well but I dont think that they have sold too many yet.

You would have to make sure that you do your homework as far as design rules and emission controls go coz we are having a little bit of a shake up down here at the moment with engine suitability and pollution controls. Im sure that you would be able to sort that out though.

The other thing to take into consideration is our relatively small population (about 20 million) compared to your own.

But like I said earlier, if you need someone to spread the word and drive or display one of your beautiful cars, I would be more than happy to help out. Send the raffle car over and we will see how it goes!

If you need anymore info just let me know,

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).