21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2003, 03:39 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up SEX 2003!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you looked, read on anyway.......

Morning all,

Most of you who know me remember that my sister Wendy has Multiple Sclerosis (a terribly debilitating disease that leaves her in pain 24 hours a day), and that I do an annual walk for this particular charity under the team name "Walk For Wendy". Well, it's that time of the year again, last year our team raised $44,621.00 (with over $1,200 coming from the Cobra community). This year our goal is $50,000, but we can only do this with your assistance....So, with this said, it's time for my annual appeal (begging if you like) for donations for team "Walk For Wendy".......Anything you can afford to give would be appreciated, from $1.00 all the way up to $100,000 (our single largest donation to date has been $5,500, anyone care to top this).........Please make your checks out to: MS/Team Walk For Wendy.........Your donations can be sent to the following address:

Team Walk For Wendy
26 Calumet Ave
Rockaway, NJ 07866

For more information on Team Walk For Wendy, and the MS Charity, please see the following url:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/NJB...?p=4774&e=6240

I thank you in advance for your donation(s)............

Sincerely,

Bill S.
aka:mrmustang

Forum administrators, please make this a sticky posting till May 1st, 2003

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS

Last edited by mrmustang; 03-01-2003 at 01:00 PM..
Old 03-02-2003, 12:03 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

TTT, come on people......

Old 03-03-2003, 04:43 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Thank you Mustangman for your donation, got it in todays mail.

Sincerely,

Bill S. and family

Old 03-03-2003, 05:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Bill,
As you have helped support events I have done, my wife and I are with you on this one. Check's in the mail (how many times have I said THAT one as an insurance guy? kidding...).

How long is the walk?

Steve and Kara (a.k.a. Klayfish Motorsports crew chief)

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:56 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Morning Steve,

The walk is usually 5 miles around the beautiful town of Ridgewood, NJ (there are other walk routes set up, but this is the most central to my entire family and team mates)...The past few years, I had it rain or snow on us....Perhaps this year we'll actually get a nice warm sunny day (I hope)...Only time, and mother nature will be able to tell us this time.......

Thanks for your support......

Sincerely,

Bill S.

PS: Now, if we could just get each and every member of the Cobra community (I see this at over 2,000 members across the Cobra related forums) to send in a minimum of $10 , we would be well on our way to helping out the fight for MS this year..........

PSS: Tried to get this placed as a sticky here and on FFCobra, but that is just not going to happen I guess..

Old 03-04-2003, 06:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmustang
PSS: Tried to get this placed as a sticky here and on FFCobra, but that is just not going to happen I guess..
Hey, Bill.... you've been stuck.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:10 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Thanks Ron.

Bill S.

Old 03-04-2003, 04:52 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Cool

Alrighty, fess up, how many of you found this thread by looking at the SEX in 2003 thread first....Come on people, cough up a little spare change for a good cause............

Bill S.

Old 03-19-2003, 07:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doing my part differently here in the south. I am an avid cyclist (although it takes time from my cobra!) and we have several MS150 rides I participate in. This year I will ride all three (Houston, TX to Austin, TX/Dallas to OK/San Antonio to Corpus. All great events and also trying to find a cure to a mysterious, but debilitating disease.

Between them all, I probably spend 35 to 40 hours in my "saddle" but last year raised just under $1000 and all I did was hit up family (and my own funds). This year I plan on a much larger scale effort. First one is in April, Dallas is in May and SA is in October.

All of our efforts make a difference here!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:18 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Scott,

Excellent participation on your part.....Enjoy the rides......Wish they had something like that up here, as I would do that as well..........

Bill S.

Old 03-20-2003, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Bill,

I can't give you my time, but I can give you my money.

Check will be in the mail shortly.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:38 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Hey John,

My family and I thank you for your intended contribution. If only more people would stand up and donate...Every little bit counts.........I'll be forgoing Club Cranky this year to make up the deficit in contributions, perhaps I'll show up as a spectator instead.......Only time will tell.........

Sincerely,

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally posted by John McMahon

Bill,

I can't give you my time, but I can give you my money.

Check will be in the mail shortly.

Old 03-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star, 351-c
Not Ranked     

Bill, check went out today. My best wishes for Wendy.
Old 03-24-2003, 03:26 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Chris,

Much appreciated...........

Sincerely,

Bill S. & family

Old 03-24-2003, 03:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner Contemporary FIA with 351W,Former Owner KMP 296 FIA Hybrid. Former owner CSX4241
Not Ranked     

I would donate to you/Wendy but I am already donating for my Wifes team...she was diagnosed last year with MS and has organized a team for this years event. Keep up the good work.

Stu Sherman
Old 03-24-2003, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill
Check will go out tomorrow. God bless Wendy.
Jim
Old 03-25-2003, 03:30 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Stu,

Sorry to hear about your wife, glad to see your taking it in stride and building up a team.......I like the competition ..........Want to come down to Ridgewood, NJ for the walk in May? Let me know.

Sincerely,

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally posted by stush

I would donate to you/Wendy but I am already donating for my Wifes team...she was diagnosed last year with MS and has organized a team for this years event. Keep up the good work.

Stu Sherman

Old 03-28-2003, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default If You are looking for other ways to help!

As many of you know, I have a real passion for cycling. In addition to the enjoyment I get out of it, I have been able to turn it to productive purposes as well. The Texas Chapters of the National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Society sponsor several long-distance rides to both raise funds for research to fight the disease and raise awareness of this debilitating disease. MS is a chronic, often disabling disease of the central nervous system. The symptoms include blurred or double vision, numbness or tingling in the limbs and can become as severe as paralysis and total loss of vision. Diagnosis usually occurs between the ages of 20 and 50, but the unpredictable physical and emotional effects can be life-long. The progress, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, but advances in research and treatment are giving hope to those affected by the disease.
I am hoping I can count on you to support me on these rides. Each year, I am a rider in the Houston to Austin, Dallas to Oklahoma and San Antonio to Corpus Christi rides. In all, I spend 25 to 30 hours in my bike saddle to help this cause and raise research money along the way.
I would really appreciate your monetary support for these endeavors. In mid-April I am riding from Houston to Austin and then in May I am riding from Dallas to Oklahoma.
If you would like to sponsor me on one or both of these rides you can:
1. Send a check payable to NMSS (National Multiple Sclerosis Society) to my work address below;
2. Pay with a credit card on the MS150 web site ([http://www.ms150.org/ms150/donate/donate.cfm] -- you will need to enter my name and e-mail address -- srm@redstonecompanies.com -- for me to get credit ) or
3. E-mail me your pledges and I will send my collector to see you after the ride (either my 8 or 6 year old!).
If you would like to learn more about the rides or MS in general, their website is very resourceful (www.ms150.org).
Any amount you would like to give is appreciated, but thank you for your consideration and time!
Scott

Scott R. McMillian

Redstone Consulting, L.L.C.
200 Concord Plaza Drive, Suite 710
San Antonio, Texas 78216
210.805.1185 (voice)
210.601.5128 (mobile)
210.805.0577 (facsimile)
888.989.5509 (toll free)