Old 03-26-2003, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Smile David Kee Transmissions

Fellow Car Nuts:

With all of the crap going on in the world now, and the endless stream of downer threads lately...(maybe I've been hanging around the lounge too much lately), I figured I post one about one of our greatest suppliers. (Crap is meant generally speaking about the war--not a political comment on it. My brother is there and it has really got a lot us us down at the shop lately, especially my mother. Productivity has been suffering due to Fox News...Thank goodness for Fox, I am so grateful for their style of reporting...) I digress.

I just wanted to post for everyone to see about David Kee Transmissions. We have been doing business with David Kee for a couple of years now and we love him. He was the first to step up and donate a transmission to the NY-WTC car. We even spelled his name wrong on the donor list and he never even mentioned it. He gave from his heart, not to gain anything financially.

When we decided to donate a car to Cystic Fibrosis...BOOM...another one shows up...after, of course, he calls us up and asks us specifically what kind of transmission WE want to put in. Cost was no object. We could have whatever we wanted. (Then me, like a dumby, forgets to ship it with the car! OOPS!!! I hope DV has it now.)

I digress.

I hope we understand, David Kee has selflessly donated many thousands of dollars to all of us here on this forum--to our industry. We had terrible problems with transmission--until David Kee arrived. Not knowing very much about transmissions, we were burned several times by the all too common con artist. I am sorry to say they are all too prevalent in our industry

David has always told us, "If you ever have ANY problem with the transmission, don't hesitate to ship it back." Not a single problem with ANY of his stuff. His trannys show up on time--when he says they will--(that's better than I can do) and they work flawlessly (well, I hope my stuff does too). When one of his transmissions won't shift, we immediately know the problem is with the SHIFTER, AND NOT THE TRANSMISSION. We have wasted so much time over the years on crap trannys looking for shifting, etc. problems. With David Kee on board, we tell customers their tranny problems are over.

I am proud to use his transmission in my personal cars and recommend them to all of our customers. He is a great guy and a blessing in this industry.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 03-26-2003, 07:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

David,

I for one could not agree more. Long before David even knew me, we called him out of the blue, looking for a very hard to find part for a 4-speed that did not come from him. Within 3 days we had the part in hand. To say the least I was very impressed.

David thank you for that and thank you for you heartfelt and much appreciated donation to the Fling! Yes, David K., it did arrive. Shame on me for not letting you know! I really meant two the very next morning. I mean it only arrived two days ago. Hmm, has it really been over a week?

I've said it before, but not enough...Thank both of you for your unbelievable generosity. Thank your brother for his much appreciated generosity too.

DV
Old 03-26-2003, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

It is my understanding that David is also distributing Tremec transmissions.

Having him stand behind a transmission he sold me well outside the warranty period, I would love to have given all my transmission business to David Kee.

Unfortunately for me, I went with a TKO II this time around (before he became a Tremec dealer), thus denying myself the friendly and courteous service I had become accustomed to.

Those of you needing a transmission and tranmission work, take it from me....it doesn't get any better than this.

TURK
Old 03-26-2003, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

After seeing how he dealt with Turk (a monumental task in and of itself), I had no doubts as to who I would go to. One call, and I had a transmission in two and one-half weeks, and he apologized for taking so long. Now...if I could just get the darn car.
Old 03-26-2003, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

When my transmission was ready David drove from San Antonio to Corpus Christi to deliver it while we were attending a Cobra event. David also adds a few nice extras to his transmissions like a drain plug, improved venting and exterior coating.

He gets my vote for MVP supplier.

Jim
Old 03-27-2003, 06:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Not Ranked     

I wish I would have known Dave a couple of years ago when we were building our Unique using a Tremac. The dealer for the transmission was not very helpful, sent the wrong parts, acted as though it was our fault, and wouldn't return calls.

I agree with David Kirkham. We often have had to go through a number of lousy suppliers before one gets on to the right one. David Kee is certainly one of those premier people. One need look no further.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I posted about David elsewhere on this forum yesterday--I'll just paste it in to add to the comments appearing here:

"I think David Kee is now selling Tremecs...you might want to give him a call about shifters, or any other questions you have. He is a great guy who has made more than one trip to my house (approx. 100-mile round trip) after selling me tranny parts, to help make sure they worked properly.

www.4speedtoploaders.com"

Bob
Old 03-27-2003, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique FIA
Not Ranked     

Hey guys, lighten up on the guy. Everyone has a bad day.
Old 03-27-2003, 09:10 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Got my business

He!! with all the glowing remarks I have heard about David I am almost looking forward to my toploader going belly up!

Think he has Jeriko trannies as well.

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 03-27-2003, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Wow, I guess all of the hard work is starting to pay off. Thanks everyone for the kind remarks, I do try hard to keep people happy.
Rick, I will be in Columbus next week at the all Ford spring swap meet.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

I have been looking around at prices for used or old Toploaders. It seems everything keeps pointing me to DK including all of the high praise everyone has given here. He has his facts down(you know this when a guy is talking about a mile above your head ) & in the long run it seems that I will save myself a few headaches & some Dinero if I just order built unit from him. Talk to you in a few months Dave.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:53 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default David

We will have to work something out. I am going to go and some of the Cobra guys will be there. Whats bring you to the swap meet?
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 03-27-2003, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will have a space there with new toploader parts and some of the new products we now have available. I also look for good buildable cores while I am there. I will find my space numbers and let you know where I will be. I usually get together with a few other vendors and some guys from the FE Forum and go out to dinner on Friday and Saturday.
Old 03-27-2003, 05:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     

David worked with me on some serious clutch issues and really helped me out of the "woods" more than a few times. Fast, friendly service.

A stand up, class guy, and a credit to the hobby!!!

Bud
Old 03-27-2003, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 2401 street 289 Cobra and CSX 3288 Street "427" Cobra
Not Ranked     

I am the ultimate picky , hard to please perfectionist, and darn it, I can't find a single thing to complain about with David Kee! My transmission he built for my 289 has worked perfectly for many years.
The only problems were with custom linkage he had no part in. He is a perfectionist and one of the most honest, sincere individuals I have ever work with. David, you have my admiration and my respect, well deserved. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2003, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Jim and also thanks for letting me drive your original 427 car in North Carolina. That was a blast.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Talking

Hey Jim,

Can I drive it too?

David

We are getting ready to send another container if you want to put anything on board. Probably 2-3 weeks.
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 03-31-2003, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Mr. Kee's outstanding reputation is the reason I will be ordering a toploader from him in the coming weeks. Such endorsments are rare in any industry.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We have been working on a runner kit that includes all the necessary components to complete a roller into a runner for the past few months at Shelby Performance, Inc. David Kee has proven to be a fantastic supplier as well as business man and I would like to take the time to thank him for his extra effort in getting trannys out on very short notice. I would also like to say his product quality is the best I have seen by a long shot.

Thanks Dave,

Brent Fenimore
Shelby American, Inc
Old 04-01-2003, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I found my information for the Columbus swap meet. I will be in the Celeste building in spaces DD 07-08. If anyone needs anything delivered to the swap meet let me know before noon tomorrow central time.

Last edited by David Kee; 04-01-2003 at 10:05 PM..