Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2003, 08:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to flanker
Not Ranked     
Cool Callin all Cobras in South Florida

This Saturday, March 29, a friend of mine has rented out Homestead Motor Speedway and is putting on a large car show. He has invited us to participate. I am putting out the call to anyone interested in comming out and showing off your Cobra. If we have at least 10 Cobras there, we will be allowed to do 5 exhibition laps on the road coarse which is a great track. There is no passing but it will be fun.

Any brand Cobra is welcome. The fee for the show is $40. This covers 1 day admission for car, driver & 1 passenger and also the 5 laps around the course. For additional people it is $15 per person for entrance to the event. There are other events that you can participate in. There will be a mobile dyno, cost is $20, You can also do an 1/8 mile drag against the clock for $25. There will be Bikini Contests, a motorcycle stunt & trick show, burnout contests and lots more events.

We will have our own area to display our cars

Anyone interested please email me at fherman@bellsouth.net or call my cell at 305-710-1999 as soon as possible so that i can have an idea of how many people are going to give him a number.

The event link is speedfusionshow.com and it gives a layout of the track and all the events that are happening. There will be national sponsors and lots of fun.

I know that this is short notice but I hope we can get a
good turn out for this.

We would meet at my house by Dadeland Mall around 8am on Saturday to caravan down to the track by 9:30am. The gates open to the public at 10 am.

Look forward to you all comming out. Any questions call me on my cell

Forever Bitten
Frank H
Old 03-27-2003, 11:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Frank,
I'm in Florida from april 3 until april 24th.
Do you know some dates and places in that period where I can see some Cobras or other Classic cars ?

Thanks,
Luc
Old 03-27-2003, 11:19 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

FLanker,
Sounds like fun. I'll see if it fits into my schedule. I'll try to do the Palm Beach Boat Show tomorrow so I can free up Saturday. Maybe a good time to try towing the Cobra before The Gainesville trip. Which BTW, you never got back to any of my posts about traveling up.
TL
Old 03-27-2003, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry I forgot to give my address. It is

7925 SW 124 St
Miami

124 St is also called Chapman Field Drive
I am 6 houses east of US1 on the left

Also anyone who wishes to run the course needs the appropriate safety gear, helmet, harness, long sleeve shirt and closed shoes

Any questions call me or email

fherman@bellsouth.net or 305-710-1999

Please let me know who is going as i have to let them know friday an expected number

Forever Bitten
Frank H
Old 03-27-2003, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry sorry i haven't replied. been real busy. do not see a problem caravaning up we can discuss the details later

thanks
Frank H
Old 03-27-2003, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey everyone thanks the response has been great so far. Have 10 Cobras confirmed up till now. 5 Backdrafts, 2 SPF's, 1 Everett Morrison, 1 Loanstar and 1 beautiful FFR twin turbo.

Forever Bitten
Frank H
Old 03-28-2003, 01:37 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Things Look Good

Flanker,
If you have included me as one of the SFP's, cool. If not, please do so. I probably will just meet you guys at the track as it is more of a straight shot for me to come down the turnpike. It all depends on if I drive or trailer down. I will let you know later tonite what my plans are.
TL
Old 03-28-2003, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Terry i did count you in and if you want i am not far from the turnpike and you can leave you trailer at my house. i have plenty of room for it and then drive down with us

Frank H