12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2003, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC on order, 351c4v and top loader for power. And did I say that it will be Orange with white stripes?
Not Ranked     

When I was bitten by the snake, the Cobra Forum was the first one that I started following. Thought that it was kind of neat the way that Meat would pounce on someone that expressed an opinion different than his. But after a while I got tired of it. Decided that it was time to move on and find another site to enjoy and make new acquaintances. Meat had flamed this and the FFR site repeatedly, so I came, lurked, and stayed. Sad to see one person do so much damage

RIP..........
Old 04-01-2003, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Excaliber, It was said that someone got ahold of the member list and copied it and started the other Forum, but if that happened here I would not leave just for that reason, people left simply because they were tired of "your Pals" trash go to http://www.ffcobra.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi and ask the people why they left, he's banned there, they won't even let him on cobranet.com where the bad guys go to talk dirty I hope he stays away from here myself, his knowledgeof "HIS" industry just isn't worth the headache caused

If you can't afford what you want to buy, pick up a book and learn how to make it.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

bittentoo
"........pounce on someone that expressed an opinion different than his......."

I see your point, I know the feeling. I hope our members will be more aware of how that hurts the community. We have lost some great contributors in the past. I hope the bleeding stops soon!

Ernie
Old 04-01-2003, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     

Goodbye CobraForum,

You were good for me in the early days. I remember the many excellent replys to, "When did you first fall in love with the Cobra".

If only you cared more about Cobras other than FFRs, I may still be there.

This reminds me of all the rumors of Rick Dees being fired as the KIIS FM morning show DJ, last year. Until the first of April when he announced "April Fools!"

Paul
Old 04-01-2003, 12:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Realize that FFCobra.com is NOT a FFR owned forum. Posts are not edited or deleted that make negative FFR comments. Never have been. There is a simple code of conduct asking members to directly work an issue with ANY (not just FFR) manufacturer before blasting them on a public forum and allow them to address the issue. If they fail to address it and your issue is still outstanding then ask for the communities help/support/comments.

Most of the membership left the Cobraforum because of one member who landslid the site with his own agenda. Mike and Val Senior started the forum and allowed us all a community that we enjoyed. Then a bad neighbor moved in and the owner would not take care of the issue. Bottom line is I got sick of his tirades and found a friendlier place to go....
Old 04-01-2003, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I can't believe grown folks can't ignore posts they don't like. Ya'll should be ashamed for letting Meat run you off.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Gordon, Mary,,,,thanks for the heads up. It's beginning to make sense. Easy to make "accusations", hard to back it up with facts. I can see where some people left because of ONE guy. It's not THAT easy to ignore posts.

......I don't hang out in the lounge as much as I used to, it do get kinda depressing in there sometimes.

Ernie
Old 04-01-2003, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

You mean there are other cobra sites?

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
Old 04-01-2003, 07:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The person you are all referring to has started up his "act" on GT40 Forum too. Oh well ................

Tom S.
Old 04-02-2003, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

and he is already banned on the GT40 forum. Old habits don't change do they?
Old 04-02-2003, 11:58 AM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mary,
Sorry to hear about Mike and Val. I enjoyed meeting Mike at the DVSF and hope that the bad feelings don't effect his interaction with the folks that appreciated his efforts.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 04-02-2003, 12:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Excaliber,
It is more difficult NOT to moderate than to moderate.

If I started to moderate posts I don't agree with, half my own posts would be gone. So would all of yours!!

We believe in free speech, and CPC.

TURK
Old 04-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

...and I'd take care of the other half.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:16 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Moderation!

Since when has any one here at CC needed to be moderated
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 04-02-2003, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Home built, supercharged 544cu/in automatic
Not Ranked     

I for one feel that meat belongs here on the best cobra site in the business. I seriously think you guys would give him "tune-ups" on his posts here. Seems that folks just left the other sites he was on, rather than to refute him. In the end that's what doomed that site. BTW- if memory serves me right he was not banned here. He just did not post here much for the reason I stated above I suspect. I seem to remember a post from him on this site a few weeks ago.
cobrashock

Last edited by cobrashoch; 04-02-2003 at 03:00 PM..
Old 04-02-2003, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz Cobra
Not Ranked     

I do not believe that the death of Cobra Forum can be laid entirely at the feet of my friend Shawn (AKA Meat). In fact, his antics may have kept it going as long as it did.

First, the site had a lot of technical difficulties. The timing of the start of the new FFR site at exactly the time of Cobra Forum's worst outage was brilliant.

Second, It was focused for FFR builders. The defection of Gordon Levy and Engineer Ed pulled many of the FFR people away. Why ask other builders when the master is available?

Paul

Last edited by RallySnake; 04-02-2003 at 05:34 PM..
Old 04-02-2003, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR #3478, 351W W/ a Big Ol' Vortech
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I do not believe that the death of Cobra Forum can be laid entirely at the feet of my friend Shawn (AKA Meat). In fact, his antics may have kept it going as long as it did.
Entirely? No. Generally? Yes.

Going as long as it did? Uh, no way. You can think that if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

Rally...

I try not to get involved with the reasons that Cobra Forum went under...However, I take exception to the statement...with the defection of Gordon Levy... You need to get the full story before casting stones.

Many felt that meat had alot to do with the forum's demise. I think that was one of the reasons....
There are probably others...

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/