Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2003, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default I GOT ONE BETTER

I think some of the kit car guys out there not only need to be shot but need to be shot by themselves.
Check this one out. I thinks CS should even give him a call after I sik Evan on him.
Check Ebay #2415659499
I don't know how to do the pasty thing..

I think SAI should sue this nut...

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"

Last edited by CSX 4027; 05-17-2003 at 06:54 PM..
Old 05-17-2003, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

Here's the link: Contemporary Cobra for $100K
Old 05-17-2003, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

What would be a reasonable price for a car that has about
$35,000 in parts and God knows how many hours of labor in it?
Old 05-17-2003, 08:17 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Cool

If he gets it, then I just made the buy of a lifetime:

Granted, I did get the buy of a lifetime anyway..............Just in the right place, with cash in hand, at the right time.......

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally posted by PSB

Here's the link: Contemporary Cobra for $100K

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 05-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

CScott67:What level? First I am talking about "donor car" FFRs. I can see where if one took the time and effort to build a FFR with the custom suspension offered it would be closer to the same level as some of the others.

I'm not knocking FFRs. I like them and have seen some really execellent builds. I just don't believe that they offer the same level of quality as SPF, ERA, Superformance in components, glass work, hardware as offered delivered by the company. Thats my personal opinion from seeing them and comparing. Aesthetically they are not as good. I've got pretty good eyes and I can see for myself. Not that they are bad, they are just not as good. You do get what you pay for. That never changes.

Are FFRs lighter than some of the others. Yeah. They are. But that necessarily means you give something up in structural rigidity or strength somewhere IMHO unless your telling me they use some special alloy for a frame and chasis components. But for the $9000 or so kit I don't think such hi tech materials are included. Not that the difference in strength or rigidity really is going to make a difference but it would necessisarily follow something is lost.

Do they perform better? Not necessarily. I don't see FFR's dominating the North East Replica Challenge or Run and Guns. In fact I'll bet the Shelby suspension is better. I'd be willing to bet that a Shelby prepared for the track will run as fast or perhaps out perform an equally prepared FFR.

Would I rather have a FFR to go play "pretend racer". Yeah you bet. I'd rather lose a $25K FFR into the barrier than a $140K Shelby. Its just that simple.

Are they in the same league as the Kirkhams and Shelbys. Nope. they ain't. Not even close. Not being elitest. Just stating the facts. If there on the same level as the new Shelby or Kirkham they must also be on the same level as the original Cobras one might say. But the fact is they ain't. If you don't know or understand why and you want details as to why I can supply them. No problem.

You wouldn't pay $60K for a Shelby "copy"? But you defended what you thought was a REAL bid for a run of the mill FFR at $70K when if it was true that bidder should have been involuntarily commited to a rubber room and sized for a straight jacket. You characterize those pointing the clear absurdity of paying such a $$ amount for a FFR as elitest? Man, you are way off.

So while you like jabbing at the CSX as a "copy" (which is inaccurate as being an incomplete description) I can assure you that no one spends the kind of money they spend on a CSX unless not only is car built to SAI's original specs (ie. a copy of THEIR original series and I don't mean engine choice here) but also a genuine Cobra.

Oh yeah, I would love you or any other FFR owner to document any FFR selling for over $40K? Has there ever been such an animal? Show me. In fact please post the highest sale of a FFR. I'd love to know.

The guy selling the Contemporary as a "Shelby Cobra" for $100K is another putz. Classic example of why CS is justified at times saying what he does and getting pissed off. The only bigger putz is the guy paying a $100K for the car. I wonder if Supersnake thinks the buyer paying $100K for this contemporary qualifies as a pigeon? Gee, I guess if that Contemporary goes for $100K the buyer of Steve Sunshines car (CSX 4027) got the buy of the century at $125K!

PSB: No. I remember you. No confusion. FFR guys have been at longer than you. Believe me. You are a new comer.

MrMustang: I'm not elitest. No way. The best maybe but not elitest!

Point is this. I like all of these cars. But don't try to justify $70K on a FFR and deny that there are different levels of cars justifying different levels of pricing and cost.

Last edited by REAL 1; 05-17-2003 at 09:56 PM..
Old 05-17-2003, 10:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

,,,,,,,maybe if I put a 427 S.O. in my Excalibur I could get 70 to 100K? It does have leather interior and chrome sidepipes. You think thats enough, or is there some other "fundamental" reason there is no way in hell I would ever get $70 to $100K for it??

Well, what if I put really "trick" stuff on it? IRS for instance, and maybe a chrome fire extinguisher? OH, OH,,,,,I know...how about REAL Halibrand wheels with Blue Dots? I mean the ALL the good stuff!!!! Maybe then????

,,,,,,bummer, I have this "gut" feeling no matter WHAT I do to it, it won't sell for that price. Maybe it's the shape of the body??? The manufacturer??? The reputation??? It doesn't have a perky butt, thats got to be worth something???

Ernie
Old 05-17-2003, 11:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking "Rubber room, putz,straight-jacket!"

Evan, you are pretty funny! Definately a snob, but I don't think therapy will help you! ;o)

You can do your own research and find there are quite a few F5 cars that have sold for 40k or more. As for defending the 70k car, or calling YOU elitest,re-read the posts. (You are , but we already know that!)

As for the DONOR F5 approach, most people do NOT build that way. Sure, the basic kit goes for 10-14k depending on the options. But, most people do a variety of upgrades while building. Your view of a crappy bone stock F5 car is not realistic. Put your high dollar copy next to one at a car show that is well prepped and has a nice paint job, and few people could tell you which one is "REAL!" (Except for us fellow cobra nuts!)

As far as your opinions about engineering, or racing capabilities, I have a simple challenge for you. Bring it! Bring your cobra/csx/real WHATEVER to the fling and race. I have a feeling you will get spanked. A better idea would be for you to break down and buy a good F5 spec-racer and learn how to.

Equally prepped cars with the same motor/tranny, and you will lose! Why? Racing is all abought weight. I am not a PRO, but I have no qualms about bolting on a set of slicks and showing you my "perky butt!" Do yourself a favor, go on a diet, get on the treadmill, and maybe you won't look too bad. ;o) Scott

(I had to edit, maybe I was too harsh on Evan? NOT!)

Last edited by cscott67; 05-17-2003 at 11:48 PM..
Old 05-18-2003, 03:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well I'd rather see your "perky butt" than Evans or any of the Gasholes for that matter. LOL

Ernie
Old 05-18-2003, 06:40 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Snob??? I'll take it. I've been called worse around here.

I'm not doin the research. You do it. Your the one defending the sanity of a $70K FFR. Show me the FFR cars that sold for more than $40K. Well?

Is that what the FFR groupies call the new Shelby Cobras now, "Copies"? Must make them feel better. Must be the new rage for the FFR guys.

Put a FFR next to a Shelby Cobra at a show! Never! Who would ever want to do that?

So your standard is to put a FFR next to a CSX at a show and have the "people" prove you can't tell the difference. Maybe at the "Lions Club Harley and Hot Rod Show" in some po dunk town. When people don't know what there looking at your probably right. In fact you'd need a show where people don't know what there looking at in order for people not to be able to tell the difference. Yup. Equal ground for both cars. Must be another FFR strategy.

Try a SAAC show and see if that works. NOT!

Again, I'm not saying the FFR isn't nice or is bad. But there is a CLEAR and IMMEDIATE difference between the two.

Most performance differences on the track assuming equaly prepared cars and capable cars is generated by the driver. This is fact. You want to show me your perky butt? No thanks. I'm sure your FFR is very fast. I'm impressed. But I'm not a "pretend racer" and don't pretend to be qualified to take a 500hp, 2500lb car to the limit. I'll watch you take yours there though. I have no interest risking damage to my Shelby so you can try to "prove" how FFR's are faster. Find someone with a Shelby Challenge car or something will ya. I'm a lover not a racer.

Face it FFRs are at the bottom of the food chain when compared to ERA's, SPFs, Uniques, Midstates, Contemporarys, Hi Techs. That doesn't mean there not nice cars (and can be awesome) or not a nice product, they are. Thats IMHO.

Question. Would you say a FFR is superior to a Street Beasts replica? Why or why not? I would. Just wondering.

Last edited by REAL 1; 05-18-2003 at 06:49 AM..
Old 05-18-2003, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR #3478, 351W W/ a Big Ol' Vortech
Not Ranked     

Evan: The only thing that you make glaringly apparent with your posts is that you're elitest and a "waxer." Your car surely isn't the best one in exsistence no matter how hard you wish. With guys like you representing CSX cars its not really a wonder that the company is circling the drain. Don't you have a golf club to go polish? As a matter of fact, it even sounds like you might be responsible for their current run of assinine advertising.
Old 05-18-2003, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Roscoe

I love pissing matches.....I think I'll just sit back and fire up a nice Rothchild and watch the action.

Roscoe
I was getting ready to fire up a Swisher Sweet. Roscoe, you're an elitist!

edit: A Rothschild is a cigar, isn't it?
Old 05-18-2003, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 347stroker, 48IDA and '66 Mustang GT convertible
Not Ranked     
Smile

ok guys .... as a representative of the working class (or should i say FFR owner ) I am opening another bottle of beer instead of a 200$ bottle of french red wine (Rothschild).

Walter

Interesting discussion caused by a typing error by a ebay bidder Take it easy !
Old 05-18-2003, 12:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 2836K
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by agro1

Menace - So by that logic just because an FFR is "well built and has all the goodies" it should be worth the same as an SPF, ERA, KMP or Shelby...Eeeeeeyeah riiiiight. Can I get your dealer's number, I want whatever your smokin'...

Oh yeah, almost forgot - I turned a nice late model Fiero into a Testarossa and used really really good parts and all - I'll let you have it for the bargin basement price of $120,000.
Agro
Hate to tell you but there isnt anything so superspecial about a cookie cutter 4 color choice generic FPSB SPF you didnt even build You couldnt turn a Fiero into a Testarosa for one thing because you couldnt build your own Cobra ..But you can turn a FFR into something as "good" as a SPF :LOL
PS What puts your SPF in the same league as a KMP or CSX Nothing

Last edited by Menace; 05-18-2003 at 08:42 PM..
Old 05-18-2003, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by walt347

ok guys .... as a representative of the working class (or should i say FFR owner ) I am opening another bottle of beer instead of a 200$ bottle of french red wine (Rothschild).

Walter

Interesting discussion caused by a typing error by a ebay bidder Take it easy !
Walter, how do you "fire up" a bottle of wine?
Roscoe, French wine? FTF
Old 05-18-2003, 07:06 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mr. Ozona: Now I'm a snob and an elitest and a waxer to boot.

If stating the facts during this dicussion makes me an elitest than I guess I'm an elitest snob.

Whether SAI goes down the drain or not one thing is for sure. Shelby Cobras have a place in automotive history and will be remembered in automotive history. FFRs do not and will not. I guess maybe this is something you didn't know or comes as a surprise to you????. LOL.

Oh. I don't represent SAI and don't write their ads. and secondly I'm certainly not change the facts to pacify the FFR brownshirts. Thirdly, CSX owners have taken more insults and crap from FFR "folks" over the past couple years. I didn't make the facts. Just stating them. Can't help it if you don't like them.

In short, and I will state it again. I like all these cars including FFRs. I have seen some beautiful FFRs and awesome builds. I think FFR is a nice product and has improved over the years. But that doesn't erase the fact that there are nicer replicas and better kits IMHO and in many others opinions also. You are free to disagree.

Its comical that FFR owners in essence buy a "Timex" but accuse others and me who in short say "it ain't no Rolex and is not worth Rolex prices" of being elitest. Maybe its the FFR "folks" who are being "elitest" to argue "Timex = Rolex". Hmmm. Maybe.

Get REAL.

P.S. I still plan on a FFR spec racer someday. I like them and think they are very capable cars for a very affordable price.

Last edited by REAL 1; 05-18-2003 at 07:24 PM..
Old 05-18-2003, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

Real 1's post count....

1 posting stating his position...
467 postings defending it.....

24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day... coincidence? I think not!

Old 05-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The truth is worth defending.

Old 05-18-2003, 08:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DD,

"Brown shirts" was a common name given to nazi police who did the dirty work in germany from 1936 to 1945

KK

PS
dont let Evan Jerk your chain so hard.........he's just jerkin his own mostly.....
Old 05-18-2003, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Red face Street Beast?

Evan, who taught you logic 101? Or did you learn by your lonesome in the corner? You are the kind of person that always mouths off to people until push comes to shove, (or you have to dig in your wallet to cover your loses) and then runs off like a scared puppy! Hurry up and buy that spec racer so you can feel safe looking at my perky butt! ;o)

I never said the particular car in question was worth 70k. However, there ARE quite a few F5 cars that have been sold for more than 40k. Research? Do your own lazy boy. You won't bother because you know I'm right.

As far as a comparo between F5 and a street beast, what's the point? Personally I don't even care! Your opinion is worthless to most people anyway! ;o)

As for your beloved"COPY," it will NEVER be an original. So I guess my friend you have a few more dollars to spend to get one with racing patina/value!!!!! ;o)

Enjoy your car Evan, but don't even try to tell other people what level "their car" is on. Besides, life is much safer for you back on the porch! ;o) Scott
Old 05-19-2003, 12:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool The Truth, alas...

"The TRUTH" is getting thrown around here like Ted Kennedy defending himself during the "Drowning girl..." incident.

"The TRUTH"=All CSX's that weren't built by AC Cars in the 60's couldn't possibly be originals. You can take that to the bank along with your 4000 series replica. Your car is a fine car. It's not an "Original". It's not even "More" original than the other "Replicas". I've run into this "Identity Compex" too many times in my racing days.

So, if originality is an issue: You better figure out how Eastern Bloc(Yes, there's a missing "K"...look into it...) Aluminum or U.S. Prison-built fiberglass have ANY RELATION or LOGICAL connection to your Holy Grail...The TRUTH, SIR! How about that chassis? Made in England, RIGHT? NOT!!!!

You are insulting the English folk who H-A-N-D-C-R-A-F-T-E-D these gifts and sent them to Carroll for their FORD (as in FACTORY PARTICIPATION) powertrains. Where do you get your definitions? From Carroll? PPPPlllleeeeaaassseee!

Hmmmmm.....Car's not from the U.K., Powertrain isn't from "Ford" (Please, don't be a Kennedy...). Original rear-end? NO! Original ANYTHING? NO, AGAIN!

Original, as in TRUE, right? Let's see...someone has original parts from original "lots" from original "vendors" from original "COMPANIES"(!!!!!) from original "Countries" involving the ORIGINAL "PEOPLE"...you get the picture...Oh, but then again, Carroll told you,"It's the real thing." Ahhhhh, he must be talking about Coca Cola.

So, the next time you want to refer to Hitlers little friends from his pre-chancellor days (Which is kinda sick to those of us that remember who these people were and what they did to our families, you a$$!) I suggest you watch one of the more recent Budweiser commercials and learn about "TRUE". After that, watch the History Channel and figure out where the comical application of "Braunschweiger" fits into this conversation; because, I CAN'T!

'Til then, pull your head out, get some fresh air, appologize for your ignorance and go drive your REPLICA from Viva Las Vegas...Soon to be an FFR Company.

Manny

p.s....and you call us "Brownshirts"! Amazing. Don't ever try that crap around my dad. He'll "EDUCATE" you real quick. You ever think what it's like for people who lost a big part of their heritage to those barbarians? Thanks alot. The History Channel's one thing, your off the cuff comments are another.