14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2003, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Three Cobras, one 351W, one 427SO, one 527BB & one GT-40 427R
Not Ranked     
Default Congrats to those running the DVSF3 and participating in it!

On behalf of all the Superformance SCOF Members, I would like to express our gratitude and appreciation for a very well done, fun, exciting, and diverse event!

To all those that put this event on, BRAVO! It's more work than most will ever know, but it shows in the amount of never ending activities that adorned this weekend. I can not think of any other event that comes close to this format, which is what makes it even more special.

And to all those that participated in the event, your friendnship and commeradarie is inspiring... makes me really miss everyone, starting on the way home already!

It didn't matter who's Cobra (or GT40) you were in, it didn't matter if you had a Big Block or a small block, and it didn't even seem to matter if you have a chebby under your bonnet! It just mattered that you were THERE! But ahhh, the COLORS were something to behold, that is for sure. Even *I* saw the vibrant colors, coming from the color blind!

It was also great to see some celebs there, like Tom Kirkham (what a truly nice guy), Bob Marsh (a real gentlemen), Brent Mills (another cool dude nice enough to make him your brother) and of course flying in 20 hours all the way from South Africa, Jim Price of Superformance... wow, what a fun guy to be around... never a sentence without a chance to joke around with it! And of course, the event that made this all possible... the DVSF!

Once again, thanks to everyone for a wonderful event... both organizers and participants, for one without the other would not have made this the memorable occasion that it is!

And finally, thank you Ed Combs, for your vision, leadership and never ending drive to provide your Cobra buds the most fun they can have... even if it does happen to cross over a few boundaries once and a while! Only you could drive this event the way it is. Thanks Ed, and all your staff.

/Randall Thomas
S.C.O.F.
Superformance Cobra Owners Forum

Last edited by Randall Thomas; 06-25-2003 at 09:31 AM..
Old 06-25-2003, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 351W-stroked
Not Ranked     

All:
I can't say it any better, RT! Truly a magnificabt effort!! Let's not forget the primary purpose of the event-Team Jenny and Cystic Fibrosis. We hope and pray that through these kinds of efforts, we'll finally lick this scourge and have Jenny with us for DVSF IV!
Frank SPF #725
Old 06-25-2003, 10:28 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Your Welcome!

And Frank, take a bow as well!

It was a great event, I never wanted it to end! I was constantly amazed at the amount comradery displayed by every one I ran into. Especially with the amount of bickering we some times do around here

DVSF IV, better, yep. bigger, does it need to be? Longer, I would like to think so!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-25-2003, 11:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CACC Member. Power Performance, 2X4's, 428
Not Ranked     
Default Great Event!

This was truly a great event! I enjoyed meeting a lot of new and old friends. I lost an alternator and regulator on Saturday, and a fellow named Jeff Hamilton jumped in and supplied me with Snapon tools and expertise and had me back in action in no time! My own club, Capital Area Cobra Club was there to lend moral support and drink the Mudslides that my wife made!
Old 06-25-2003, 11:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra SC, 514CID
Not Ranked     

I just can’t say enough about the great time TJ, my grandson, and I had at DVSF3

I know TJ will carry this experience with him long after we are all gone…

I think one of my riders on Sunday summed it all up for me. A lady, in fact, one of the track volunteers, who has a child afflicted with CF. While waiting in line to get on the slalom course, she told me of her child and how much it meant to the CF families to have all the Cobra owners bring out and share their cars and time to help raise research dollars for this terrible disease. Damn!! I thought she was going to have me in tears! I kept telling her that WE, the owners, were the thankful ones. The opportunity to stretch the legs of our cars and the great hospitality, but I don’t think she was listings LOL. She just kept thanking.

We then hit the track. I think she held her breath all the way to the end, eyes as big as silver dollars. When we turned off on the taxi-way, she let out with the biggest laughter you can imagine. For one very short moment, she was taken away for what must be a very heavy weight of CF and had nothing but exhilaration! Back at the pick-up point I helped her out of the car. No “thanks”, no hand shake, she grabbed be in a huge bear hug. And then the thanks. She even told me she would be praying that I won the Kirkham LOL….

Now, just that alone would be enough, but the whole DVSF3 experience was a gas!!

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS to everyone involved in making this possible!!!

Craig SPF1265
Old 06-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Craig

What a great story. That is a keeper. I was being interviewed on camera and could not stop welling up. It was hard to get through.
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 06-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

RT, great post and it was a pleasure to meet you, having been a former SCOF forum regular. Thanks for the diagnosis on the autocross track as well. Great to see all the SPF guys I knew by name.

Getting to see you in a yellow small block car was one of the highlights of the trip!! Knowing now you are color blind, explains a lot about that purchase !!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Three Cobras, one 351W, one 427SO, one 527BB & one GT-40 427R
Not Ranked     

Yeah, I know... even Ron Rosen and the big guy, Jim Price himself said, "this can't be your car... it's a small block?" lol... nice to know that the creator of the Superformance knows everyone of his owners, and knows I'm a Big Block Brawler! lol. Sure caught ME off guard. In my defense I can honestly say "it's my wifes car"! lol.

Mike, glad your locker or axles weren't broke... or wheels falling off or something like that :-)

/Randall
Old 06-25-2003, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 396 CI
Not Ranked     

i had it all planned out to go, then had to stay for family reasons. Even thought about leaving friday about noon, and returning by sat evening. About 1200 miles. It sounds like a great time, with so many people to meet.

I will try again next year. Wish i could have gone,
IV Corps 71-72, Gulf War
Old 06-25-2003, 07:44 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

Randall,
It was great to see you and your wife again as well as many of the Superformance owners. Jim Price autographing our cars was definitely a highlight. The vision and determination this gentleman exhibits is surpassed only by his dreams of future creations.
Who would have ever thought that we'd witness Jim Price and Bob Marsh from Shelby American, sharing the same court, literally.
The weather was absolutely perfect and the hotel after hour parking lot gatherings provided ample opportunities for new friendships, story swapping, laughter and prime bribery photo shoots! These are the weekends that sooth the soul and energize the spirits. It truly makes us appreciate the cobra catharsis and despite the litigation undermining the industry, accolades have to be acknowledged to Shelby for the inception of our passion.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 07-01-2003, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great show indeed. I still get chills looking at my pics and listening to the wonderful sounds. Perfect cars, weather, event and cause. It was wonderful to get to meet so many new Cobraphiles and of course renew many acquaintances as well. To be able to drive our cars as they were intended, have this much fun, and contribute to a good cause is about as good as it gets. I can't top Craig's story but one of the course workers bundled a lady into my car and said she was his mother-in-law and asked me to provide her some excitement but not scare her! A tough act. We blasted through the autocross and from the sounds she made she was excited but apparently not excessively so as the seat was not wet or discolored at the end. (Now I know this could be read wrong but it is intended as a perfectly clean description of events.) Definitely looking forward to DVSF IV.