Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2003, 09:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Forming club for PA, NJ, NY, DC, VA, MD, DE other Mid-Atlantic owners

After the Cobra Revolution of a few weeks back, many people indicated that there really wasn't an organized group in our area where Cobra owners can find fellow Cobra owners and events that are going on. Well...with the clear exception of the Capital Area Cobra Club, which is a wonderful and well organized group (where is that pucker up smilie ).

With that in mind, would there be interest in forming a Mid-Atlantic Cobra Club? It would be aimed at Cobra nuts from PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC, lower NY, VA and any other Mid-Altantic area I'm leaving out.

There are already lots of forums and clubs out there, so my thoughts on this are simple.

What I'd like is to have anyone who wants to be a part of the group, send me your information. This would include; name, location (address if you are willing, if we decide to have a mailing list down the road), car description, and any other info you want to provide. The website we use, which may be www.legendarycobra.com or a seperate site depending on interest, will break down into states. Click on the link, and it will give a list of owners in that state. We would only publish a name, city and e-mail address for contact. No personal info would be given out. Also, under the state link would be any upcoming activities. So if you have one, send it in and it will get posted. We could also post any other thoughts, ideas, suggestions you have in that area.

To start, I don't think we'd have a forum, unless the demand was there. There are already lots of forums. It would obviously be a work in progress and subject to change as needed.

Again, I just thought this would be a good idea, as I have had many people tell me after the Revolution that they didn't realize there were so many local owners and they didn't know where to find each other. I think this may be a good way for Cobra owners to find fellow Cobra owners. I know I have made new friends from the Revolution, and it was nice to have had familiar faces to see at the Fling. This would be a good starting point for us to get to know each other.

What do you think? If you're interested, send me your information, and we'll get this club started. My e-mail is Klayfish@aol.com Also, any feedback you can give here would be fantastic.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.

Last edited by klayfish; 06-26-2003 at 12:10 PM..
Old 06-26-2003, 12:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

I've been informed that the term "Mid-Atlantic " is already being used by a FFR owners group. So, to avoid confusion, we'll have to come up with a different name. No matter, just as long as we get a group started. Any name ideas?

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.