9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2003, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast 460, Performer Cam & Intake, Edelbrock 750cfm Carb
Not Ranked     

We have a cruise-in every month in the summer here in N. GA. and I've picked up a couple.

A very good looking strawberry blond around 30 told me straight up that she was made to drive my car and after she made it big in Nashville she would come back, look me up and buy my car. I ran into her husband several months later and he said she was doing a show in Nashville that day and was working even harder to realize her double dream.

A ricer wanted to know where my nitros bottle was. I told him this 460 didn't need no nitros.

We get as many as 400 - 500 cars during late summer, mostly rods and muscle cars, a good portion of which are top notch vehcles. This 10 year old boy came right up and said mine was his favorite. Bust every button off my shirt.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gave it to Russ
Not Ranked     

"Boy you don't see any of these, not even those damn kit cars"
Old 07-02-2003, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

A friend of mine from Rocky River, Ohio had JUST taken delivery on his new FFR built by Jeff Hamilton. I asked if he was planning on attending DVSF III with the new car and he explained that he was taking the entire family to NC for a vacation and regretfully would miss the Fling. He did the adult thing and went on the family vacation with a tear in his eye. Mid-week after the fling, he pulled into my drive and asked how the Fling went and I told him that it was great and that we were already looking forward to next year.. He turn around and started talking to his Cobra... "Don't worry honey, I'll never leave you again, I promise". I think he was serious...
My wife just shook her head and smiled...
Old 07-02-2003, 08:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star, 351-c
Not Ranked     

At the Fling, Saturday night, while in the parking lot of QSL, a nice lady I had given a ride to her daughter earlier in the day, asked me to stand by the car, said her daughter (about 10) was fascinated by me and my car. I saw her on 2 other rides that day, so I was flattered she remembered me. What a blast! Had more fun with my car there than in the 5 years since I finished it. Met so many people I've been wanting to meet. Nothing but nice folks. Thanks, DV!
Old 07-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF
Send a message via AIM to Tinker51
Not Ranked     
Default From the guys who built and raced them

I was attending a show a couple of weeks ago for another mark (Sunbeam Tiger) but took my SPF. At the show were two guys who wrenched at SAI "back in the day" and another who worked and drove for SAI. One of the guys was the one who actually stuffed the first 427 into a Cobra (he had a very funny story about it). When I drove up they all three came over and were drooling over the car and until I told them it was an SPF they all thought it was real and agreed it was the best looking car there.

Another story. A couple months back some friends and I had gone for a drive along Skyline Blvd. There were three Sunbeam Tigers and two SPF cars. We stopped at an overlook to take a group picture and rest a minute. Everyone at the spot was walking past the cars but they were all having their picture taken in front of my car. As I walked up to my car to get ready to leave one Japanese lady said in very broken english "I like your car best". You just gotta love that!
Old 07-03-2003, 04:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Driving home from a show, doing about 80 on I-96, a SUV comes roaring up and passes me doing 85-90, brake lights come on, car slows down, front and back windows roll down, two cameras poke out the windows, pictures taken, SVU roars on. I could only smile.

Stephen
Old 07-03-2003, 05:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I always like......

SLOW DOWN !!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Stoplight in Cincinnati suburbs and elderly couple comes around into the left turn lane. She's driving. He leans over and says "Bet you have a lot of girlfriends with that car!" I hold up my left to show him my wedding ring. He says, incredulously, "Five!!" The wife gives him a shove and says "He's married, Fred!"
Old 07-03-2003, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3639, 5.0 EFI
Not Ranked     

A thumbs-up from a Viper driver.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC w/427so, ERA GT #2002
Not Ranked     

A thumbs up from a Porsche driver . . . wow!

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough HORSEPOWER." Mark Donohue
Old 07-03-2003, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Hey Speed220.....

You sure that wasn't Turk.......

David
Old 07-03-2003, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My friend and I both had are cars out on a friday night. We were both stopped at a light he was in front of me. When out of a car behind me walks a very attractive girl. She walks up to the passenger side and says " you look way more fun then my friends do you mind if I ride with you"

Bottom line that doesn't happen in any other car
Old 07-03-2003, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Cobra #1628, Coast Performance Stroker 427W Ford 520HP/535FT.TQ, Blue with white stripes
Not Ranked     

A response from a person at a car show: "That is the coolest Corvette I have seen yet!" I could not stop laughing.

Jake Greger
Old 07-04-2003, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC Cobra ,351-Cleveland, 375 hp
Not Ranked     

We were at a local car show , my wife was by the car and I was out talking to some friends. She said a little boy about 8-9 by himself came up and asked if the cobra was hers and could he look at it. She told him to sure. Sharon said that he was all smiles , had his hands behind his back so he wouldn't touch it , and looked every inch of the car over. He came back to her and said he has seen cobras on his Play Station game "Test Drive?"and this is more beautiful than the game. Then came the big THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME LOOK AT YOUR COBRA.

Only thing Sharon should have done was put him behind the wheel. I think we had a future owner in the making.

Rich
Old 07-04-2003, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC w/427so, ERA GT #2002
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Had a good one today, July 4th. We were sitting in a gas station when a young guy came slidding up along side us and stared at my Cobra for a short while and said, "That's the most beautifu car I've ever seen!" He then drove off.

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough HORSEPOWER." Mark Donohue
Old 07-05-2003, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Heres a good one.At a show last sat a young guy pointed into my cobra and loudly yelled to his friends {Dude,it`s gos nos,thats way cool}All the while he was pointing to my fire extinguisher.I didn`t have the heart to correct him.I think he will figure it out if he watches the fast and the furious a few more times..lol
Old 07-05-2003, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory 5 mk4 445 FE
Not Ranked     

Went to this cruise in last nite.
http://www.starcitymotormadness.com/
My old heep held its own I think.. this was my wifes first time at a cruze inn of this magnatuide. She could not believe 10 miles of bumper to bumper hot rods with folks sitting in there lawn chairs waveing, taking pictures and hollering is it real...

Well, the first part of the story ,2 ole' boys got to argueing if it was real or not.... what a hoot.... then some guy pulled up beside me in a sweet gull wing and wanted to know if I would take 125K..... dumb ass me, not usually having a trouble with a comeback.... just said.. it's not real ...
Yep, ole Shelby would have crapped his pants....

Back to the wife... "were are not staying past 9 o'clock...( this was on the way up.. 1hr 45 min ride)
Well at 10:30 she still wasn't ready to go back home.. anyway.. got home about 12:45... had a blast..... I think she's getting the fever..
She told me we had to get some chairs that matched the car... she got pissed if someone asked me if it was a big block and I said no.. (and they looked snotty)
One gang pulled up beside us in a jeep and said, is it real... she said, is that jeep real.. Man!!! I'm gonna have to put her over on club cobra or cobra net....
That rod run was a blast......
Stoneville,NC

My ex car. Sad to see it go.
http://www.ffcars.com/POM/nov2003pom.JPG