14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2003, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA427SC #323, 427 SO, 428 crank, 454 CI, "IM2QWIK"---ERA GT-40 #2043 Ford SVO 302 Weber 48 IDA's 400HP "1 GT 40"
Not Ranked     
Cool ***** slapped by a Harley!!!

Great weekend on the left coast (isn't it always???)... Got up Sunday morning and asked wife if she would like to take a cruise in the Cobra and get some breakfast... Obvious response from wife... "lets go!!!" After warming the beast up, swung by John Wais's place to see if he and Jo wanted to join us... No John, Caddy abandoned on street, no cats in window to give us a "paws up" for the big block... The cats love the sound of the big block... (John W., take note)....

Anyway, back to the story... After a short cruise to Ojai and a great breakfast at the Cottage Cafe in Ventura, we headed home via Harbor Blvd... While maintaining proper speed, a full dress Harley with a guy and good looking chick pulls along side with admiring glances... I notice as they pass the chick keeps looking back at the front of the Cobra...

We came up to the lite at Ventura Harbor ("Ventura Harbor, where the sewer meets the sea") and as usual, with all the stop lites in Ventura, it was red!!! The guy on the Harley looks over and asks me, "Is that a Factory Five???" Not having my wits in gear, I responded, "Is that a Honda???" After-which I explained it was an ERA... He turned into the Harbor and I headed home, hurt!!!

Nothing else exciting until mid-afternoon when next door neighbor came over and invited us over for cocktails (Coors light)... Well they already had company who had their 35' boat tied up to his dock... I noticed the company was a middle aged beer gut guy and his blond wife with some knock out hooters... I also noticed I/O's on the boat and asked about the power plants... He responded, "twin 454's"... I almost made a comment about wanting to know about the boat motors, not his wife, but thought better of it...

Anyway, several beers later, we find out the company is the sales manager for the chevy dealer in Simi Valley and she is a real estate agent... As the conversation continued, my neighbor brought up the fact that I had a Cobra... Immediately, "Big hoots" wants to go for a ride... How could you say no???

Being low on fuel, I stopped to fuel up and I hear a voice say, "Sir, excuse me, sir..." Turning around, I see a young teenager and responded with yes... He said, "I'm sorry to interupt but is that a sideoiler???" I responded to the affirmative and opened the hood... I also explained how to reconize a S/O to which he stated that he knew and wanted to crawl under the car to see the external oil ridge since he had never seen one...

We talked for a few minutes and I found out that he was only 17 but had a great appreciation for Cobras and sideoilers... Meantime, Miss October 1983 was getting impatient, so I asked her if she would like to drive the Cobra home... enough said!!!

Post note... My disappointment of the morning with my ERA being taken as a FFR was more than made up for by the youth who had an appreciation for Cobras and racing history...

Last item... Before the Cobra Forum guys flame me... (I've got a 3 layer Nomex drivers suit on) please understand that I'm not talking down to the FFR Cobras but merely stating that an ERA and FFR are totally different...

rock on...

spotterjoe

Old 07-08-2003, 12:32 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Default Yeah, but?

Our big question is how did the wife react to you being gone with "BIG HOOTS" for so long.
If she really believed that story about the 17 year old kid; we have some great property in the middle of the state of Florida she could be interested in.
Now about: "blue to the bone," my guess, it's from that a$$ kicking when you got home.
We want pix of "Big Hoots;" right guys?
Old 07-08-2003, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Isn't that like saying "Well, your baby is ugly, but I don't mean that in a bad way!"
Old 07-08-2003, 12:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     
Default Re: ***** slapped by a Harley!!!

Last item... Before the Cobra Forum guys flame me... (I've got a 3 layer Nomex drivers suit on) please understand that I'm not talking down to the FFR Cobras but merely stating that an ERA and FFR are totally different...

rock on... [/b][/quote]

65 - 427

I think you have opened a can of worms... the "Last item" may be too little, too late...
anyway, nice piece of writing...
Old 07-08-2003, 01:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

It could have been worse.....

He could have said..... I like your Volvo...

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 07-08-2003, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DAY! However, you didn't tell us, could the blonde drive a standard?

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 07-08-2003, 01:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1476 - Keith Craft 445ci, 636hp 613tq
Send a message via Skype™ to skippy
Not Ranked     

65 cobra 427.... just spent the last 5 minutes laughing my sides off.

As Terry said "we want miss toots photo's."

I would have never got away with that.

weldone.

Skippy.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC on order, 351c4v and top loader for power. And did I say that it will be Orange with white stripes?
Not Ranked     

65cobra427,

I hope that you didn't tell the wifey that "Hoots" was good at "handling a stick"

Would still be waiting for the swelling to go down

"Post note... My disappointment of the morning with my ERA being taken as a FFR .....

And you had better duck....I believe that we have incomming :

Good luck
Old 07-08-2003, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA427SC #323, 427 SO, 428 crank, 454 CI, "IM2QWIK"---ERA GT-40 #2043 Ford SVO 302 Weber 48 IDA's 400HP "1 GT 40"
Not Ranked     
Cool Hope this helps...

Terry Lee ,

Nope, won't work, wife used to live in FLA... Nah, blue to the bone is about my misguilded loyalty to Ford... Let me work on pix, they are coming back this weekend to pickup the boat...

Ddmick ,

Well, I don't mean it in a bad way...

Mikiec ,

Well at least a Volvo is a Ford product... When are you & Hersh coming back up to Las Vegas???

Clois ,

Drive it, hell she had it up to a buck and quarter until I reminded her that she was in 50MPH zone... On the final leg she did miss 3rd on the downshift... Damn CR toploaders...

To all ,

Thanks for your responses...

spotterjoe

Old 07-08-2003, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison
Not Ranked     

I'm glad that Harley guy didn't ask you if you had a Chevy under the hood, you'd have a hissy fit, and drive off the road.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey I like Hondas bikes, used to be a mechanic for them.

,,,,,,having said that,,,,,

Yeah, I totally understand the difference between a Harley and a Honda,,,,,or whatever the case might be. No doubt the biker didn't get it, you really flamed him! LOL

Ernie
Old 07-08-2003, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4039 427 FE 1966- SOLD
Not Ranked     
Default Open mouth, insert......?

Hopefully, none of the ffr guys will forward this link to your wife's inbox.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/Bennett, FE with lots of shinny parts that make it go fast
Not Ranked     

Mikiec,

What's wrong with Volvo's?? Check out our Volvo in my gallery.

Mike "monster"
Old 07-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Spotter.
What you swing by John's place, but not mine??? Man those ERA guys really have an attitude.
Steve D***ey
Old 07-08-2003, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

You didn't have a bad day after all.

The FFR vs. ERA can easily be dealt with. Can you imagine the damage you could inflict on yourself if it was your 427 SO being mistaken for one of them whimpy Small blocks, and you wrote about your disgust.

Thank God that didn't happen, and you didn't write about it.

TURK
Be careful next time what you write about.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

spotterjoe

He!!s bells, as long as some moron doesn't mistake mine for an ERA.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Jamo,
With all those bullet holes you have in your Cobra an ERA's fiberglass would shatter.
Dan
Old 07-09-2003, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Let's see, FFR BASHING, small block BASHING .... UMMMMM, this must be Gasshole "country", Ya baaaaby! Got 'car' Turk?

Ssssssssssssssssstephen
Old 07-09-2003, 09:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

And I thought that I treated all with equal distain...

Cobra 427 ,

Hissy fit hell... would have committed suicide!!! Hey, I've got a second home up in Green Valley and would like to see the EM sometime... I'm usually up everyother weekend...

Brett ,

Hopefully none of the FFR guys have wifes e-mail!!!

Steve D***ey ,

If you are free this weekend, lets get together... I have yet to see ERA 606 runnin'....

Turk ,

My worse nitemare is being mistaken for an FFR with a SBC... When you gonna get another Cobra???

Jamo ,

Nice comeback... Hey, need your advice on a labor matter... Please call me @work 800 266 2666 x404 Thanks...

spotterjoe

Old 07-09-2003, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Joe...left you a message at work.