14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2003, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default When Will you ever be satisified with your Cobra?

This was a recent comment from my wife. I've also heard her say lately "How many other things are you going to upgrade before your finished? I hope she never finds my list!

So, that same evening were getting ready to go to dinner and I am waiting and waiting you know how long you can wait some times. So I walk in the bedroom and I see several blouses on the bed plus two or three capri style pants and she has the ironing board out and pressing another pair. So I say "having problems making a decision, can I help?" Naturally, the answer was yes and no. I am wearing Docker Shorts and a golf shirt and I am wondering how difficult can it be to get ready to go to dinner at Outback--he_l we will probably have to wait an hour before we are seated.

So being the wise a$$ I am I ask her "When will you ever be satisfied so we can go eat?" So many things I say anymore go over or under her head but let me be just a little sarcastic and my wife picks up on it right away. I think she told she was going shopping at lunch today. That will teach me!

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 07-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

My wife has given up on it all. She realizes I will always be looking to upgrade the car. Always wanting to tinker.

I can remember last September, walking around Maple Grove Raceway as we were there to watch the NHRA qualifying. We were walking through the manufacturers midway and looking at parts. We were talking about some little things I wanted to do to the car. She said, you're not going to do anything crazy like want a different motor, are you???? I assured her I was happy with the engine in the car and didn't want to change it, I just wanted to do some small upgrades....well, as you can guess, as of last Friday, I now have a 351W in the car. She is resigned to always changing the car.

Just like I'm resigned to always painting the house, hanging this, having her order that from the catalog....

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Not Ranked     

Our youngest daughter is getting married this Friday and as of last night my wife has bought 3 count em three dresses and this morning she told she didn't really like any of them real well. But, she had found one at SAKS that she really liked but it was going to cost almost as much as my daughters wedding dress. I told her to do what ever she wanted to (laying the ground work for more upgrades).

Like you say we keep replacing pictures and hanging this and that and so on. I don't think it is in our nature to ever be really finished with anything....there will always be upgrades. Just look at all the different versions of MS Windows or television...If we didn't like change we would all be wearing black slacks and a white shirt and ridiing around on a 10 speed bike.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 07-22-2003, 08:30 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Clois, sounds like your wife and mine might be sisters.

Only three outfits?

Good luck with the wedding.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:17 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Getting Dressed

My wife has what we call 'wardrobe crisis'. The signs are easily recognizable. When she asks 'how does this look', when she is fully dressed and heads back to the closet, when she stands in front of the mirror not looking pleased. Any one of these is indication to make myself scarce. I RUN!

Finished with upgrades? My answer seemed to silence my wife from ever asking again. I told her that she will know when I am finished because I will sell it and but another so I can start all over again!

Isn't that the life cycle of a hobby? Finish one, start another? They should be glad that we are never finished!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 07-22-2003, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     
Default Re: When Will you ever be satisified with your Cobra?

Quote:
Originally posted by Clois Harlan

So being the wise a$$ I am I ask her "When will you ever be satisfied so we can go eat?" So many things I say anymore go over or under her head but let me be just a little sarcastic and my wife picks up on it right away. I think she told she was going shopping at lunch today. That will teach me!

Clois
You said that to her when she was holding an iron ?? a HOT iron ??? man you are brave 1 swipe and you could have been then then when your pillow is in the doghouse ..... I think you were lucky
Old 07-22-2003, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have had a few brain farts lately and that was definitly one.

For the most part she is really understanding about the Cobra, I think! I am still here in spite of myself and so is the Cobra.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 07-22-2003, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler '65 AC Cobra original replica, replica Ford SBC Engine
Not Ranked     

I took care of the "is this thing ever going to be done" on the front end. I bought the car for my wife's 40th birthday and I am always just fixing it up / upgrading it for her.

Good Luck,

Roy
Old 07-22-2003, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I wish I had thought of that.

"Let's roll"

Old 07-22-2003, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster; 351W
Not Ranked     

My wife refers to herself as the "Car Widow". I just tell her "look, it is either hot rods or crack & whores, you choose" These cars are never done.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory 5 mk4 445 FE
Not Ranked     

OH Gwad.. this is so timely.. and funny
Stoneville,NC

My ex car. Sad to see it go.
http://www.ffcars.com/POM/nov2003pom.JPG
Old 07-22-2003, 07:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

When will we ever learn we open our mouths and insert a foot every time. Best thing I learned from my father was, to become hard of hearing. You'd be surprised how many "discussions" you
can avoid. I usually retire to the garage and polish my Vette,that is before my Cobra project, I think I have the shiniest Vette in the world har har.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Clois.....
First it had to be Red....OK, even though I wanted Blue...
Then she had to be able to drive it sometimes...OK, Automatic...
Next she said I'll go along on the trips....but now it something called a Toy Hauler....she's found several on the internet....Car goes in the back and nice living quarters up front.....
I like this idea the best....it also includes a large wardrobe closet.
Shorty Jo is very understanding....after 10 years with the Cobra it's a done deal I get all the upgrades I need...my upgrades always start in about November...until April...
George
Old 07-23-2003, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     

Clois - unless I disappeared into the garage for several nights in a row on a regular basis for the latest "upgrade installation" my wife would suspect I had gone mad.

I found that the first 3 or so "upgrades" were the worst - after that it becomes accepted SOP - she now even brings me out cups of tea!

Tonight ( and probably tomorrow night, and the night after) it is the new seat harness installation in time for the weekend!

Last edited by wilf leek; 07-23-2003 at 03:38 AM..
Old 07-23-2003, 04:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I bought my Cobra kit in 2000. Plan was to have it built in about a year. Since then:
Wife wanted new car - wife got new car.
Wife wanted baby - wife got baby.
Wife wanted new house - wife got new house. (Even though our old one was only 1 year old!).
Wife wanted trip overseas - wife got trip overseas.
Wife wanted new house fully furnished and landscaped - wife got new house fully furnished and landscaped.

I wanted to spend some bucks on Cobra - wife didnt agree.
I wanted new wife who understood the Cobra way of life.

I am now divorced and happily repartnered with girl who understands. (she bought me a fuel tank, handbrake and pedal set for the Cobra for my birthday and wished she could do more).

I am now the happiest man alive and Cobra is finally starting to progress!

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).
Old 07-23-2003, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am filing all these suggestions away...The hard of hearing thing works pretty well usually. And some things are S.O.P.

By the way have you ever laid some ground work for an "upgrade" by casually mentioning how this or that probably is going to need to be replaced before to much longer for some reason. When I start this kind of talk I already know what I want and may have even ordered it. That way when the part arrives I will say something like " oh yea! remember we talked about replacing that a while back and I ordered it the other day, I am surprised it got here so quick."

Right now I am trying to figure out how to work a F350 diesel dually into the mix. Hey George want to trade for an Eddie Bauer Expedition?

Way to go Andy,

I have been that route before, and I didn't even have a Cobra at the time. Tell me does your ex-wife have a sister named
"Carol"?

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 07-23-2003, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 Seat Roadster-by B&B, 460+ w/auto.
Not Ranked     
Talking

Clois, heaven forbid you would ever say anything bad about your wife. Hey, she's a sweetheart! You brought her up to the shop about 2 or 3 years ago. I can't believe she would have even one mean bone in her body.

(BTW, is she reading this? Did I score any points?)

Ron
Old 07-24-2003, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ron,

She is so wrapped up in coordinating our youngest daughters wedding tomorrow night she doesn't have any time to be looking at things I might be saying on the internet. I think I am safe.....for now!

My roll tomorrow night is simple. Show up on time, pose for a few pics before and after, a toast or two and walk her down the aisle and say .......NOT ON YOUR LIFE A$$HOLE, NOW GO AWAY!

Nooooooo, those may not be the words I am susposed to say, I will have to check with the girls on my lines.

Clois

"Let's roll"

Old 07-24-2003, 09:09 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     
Post Clois, you forgot

Clois, you forgot the biggest thing you have to do... write a check for the wedding.

You may have to mortage the car.

Retirement, out of the question.

Sell of all none essential belongings.

You will be broke after giving away the bride.

So, I was wondering, is this guy approved?

What does he drive?

Should we be concerned?

Okay, enough of the fun, Please pass my wishes for a great marriage.

Good luck, Trularin
Old 07-24-2003, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

He is Military!

I know broke all too well. My oldest daughter was married this past January and the younger one was going to wait until next January but her fiance' has been activated and is scheduled to go to Afganistan Sept 7. So, we had to move everything up.

He drives one of those damn bow tie suv vehicles. I am concerned, he was not my choice but he is going to have his hands full when he gets back. I hid the bullets and suggested to my wife that maybe Missy and Craig figure out some other arrangement until he gets back. That didn't go over too well.

"Let's roll"