28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Civil War by Tri-State Motorsports 9/20-21 Lancaster, Pa. Sign up & t-shirts!

Moderator, can we make this a sticky when there is room, please?

Alright, finally. Here it is. The plans have come together. We are all set for the Cobra Civil War, which is being run in conjunction with Tri-State Motorsports open house. The attatched registration form will have all the details, but here are the basics.

Date : The Cobra Civil War and Tri-State Motorsports open house are on Saturday, September 20th from 11am until ????, but we invite you to stay and join us on Sunday, see below...

Agenda : Saturday, Sept. 20th. We will set up in the field at Longs' Park. We will have a space reserved just for us and our cars, just like a car show. Registration is $10 per person and includes all BBQ food and drink. It will also include one FREE raffle ticket for a Franklin Mint model Cobra and other items being raffled off. The BBQ will be from 11am to 3pm (?)

Once the BBQ is over, we will head over to Tri-State Motorsports, which is about 8 miles away. Mike Mack will open up his shop and we will talk and see all things Cobra.

All events from here will be on a pay as you go basis, and not part of the $10 registration fee.

A cruise to a local restaurant/tavern for dinner and refreshements.

We invite you to spend the night in beautiful and historic Lancaster, Pa. Lots of hotels and B&Bs, which are listed on the registration form.

On Sunday, we will meet at Tri-State Motorsports in the morning, and take a 45 minute cruise to Hershey Park for the day. Tour the world famous chocolate factory and ride the rides!! Mmmmm.....chocolate.... If we have enough people, we will get a group discount.

Attatched are the registration forms. Sign up and tell everyone else who may not use these forums about the event. Let's get as many Cobras as we can!!

I am also attatching pictures of the artwork used for the t-shirts that are available for this event. The first two picutures are the front and back of t-shirt one. The first is a small chest logo, the second on the back. Photo three is the second shirt and it will be a large logo on the front and a blank back. You are welcome to purchase shirts even if you cannot attend the event. Please get me the orders ASAP, so I can get an accurate count of what I need.

Hope to see you there, and here are the registration forms (in different formats, so everyone can download them).

http://www.legendarycobra.com/shared...gistration.pdf

http://www.legendarycobra.com/shared...gistration.doc

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.

Last edited by klayfish; 07-26-2003 at 04:55 AM..
Old 07-26-2003, 04:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don't tell me Mike Mack and I are going to be sitting out there in the field by ourselves! C'mon out and join us. There's no need to spend the whole weekend if you can't. $10 will cover your entire day on Saturday until dinner time. Join us for great BBQ and fun. And check out Tri-State Motorsports shop.

Let's see if we can top the Cobra Revolution from May. Here's how that looked, and the weather wasn't even good.

Steve

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 07-26-2003, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2086, 302/320 HP, Dart heads, hydraulic
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Steve,

Lynn and I are in - looking forward to it! The offfer for help always stands.

Regards,
Jim
Old 07-26-2003, 08:19 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Good Job

Steve,
Excellent job on the logos.
I need to check my schedule with the other half, but you difinitely have my interest. This is close to 2 of my favorite places: Intercourse and Bird in Hand.
I will have to get back to you later on this one.
TL
Old 07-26-2003, 09:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,
Glad you guys are coming. Hoping we have a bigger turnout than the Revolution. And better weather....

Terry,
Please join us if you can. Just don't confuse the two towns and call them "Hand in Intercourse" or "Bird in Intercourse"

Steve

Old 08-01-2003, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey guys,
I hope you have a good turn-out, sounds like it's going to be FUN.

I'd go, but I have a car show to attend in Fox Lake.

Have fun!!!

CobraDoc
Old 08-01-2003, 09:56 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Talking Waxer?

Hey Doc, you a waxer now
Which Fox Lake has the car show, the one in Illinois? I don't know of one here in Florida.

TL
Old 08-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Doc,
Sorry you won't be able to come. Hopefully next year. Enjoy the Fox Lake show.

All you other folks, come on out and join us. We're trying to give a good mix of things for people to do. A show, lots of food, nice long cruises for those who LOVE to drive..a day of fun at Hershey Park. If there are other suggestions for Sunday besides Hershey Park, I'm open for it. A cruise to somewhere else? I chose Hershey Park because it's a lot of fun. And I figure we could plan a backroads route to get there, instead of using all highways, and that would give us a nice 1 hour+ drive before getting there.

What do you think? Help me beat the number of cars you see in that photo at the start of this thread!!

Steve

Old 08-11-2003, 04:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So far, registrations have been coming in slowly. If you would like to attend, please let me know, so that we can decide what to do with this event.

The park we are using has asked for a substantial fee for using the field. I'd really like to move forward with it and have a great turnout. But before we give money to the park, we'd like to get a rough headcount.

So please get those registrations in, and join us for a great time in historic Lancaster!

Steve

Old 08-13-2003, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Terry, Fox Lake in Florida, It's up in Titusville. It's call The Fox Lake All British Car Show. Great show!!!

CobraDoc
Old 08-22-2003, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you for this information. Since this would constitute my very first trip with the Club, do you know how many Cobras actually will be travelling to the event? I understand that many Cobra enthusiasts without Cobras will be attending.
Old 08-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ALLWORLD,
I'm glad you found our event. I really can't say for sure how many Cobras will be coming. So far, the registrations have been slower in coming than I had hoped for. The event I had put together in May had 38 Cobras show up and about 85 people. I'm hoping we'll get that many this time, but so far, we don't have that many. I'm hoping that as we get to within a week or two of the event, some people will decide to come join us.

So the best honest answer I can give you is that it depends....I would hope for 15 Cobras, maybe more. But we'll just see how it comes along. I'd love to get 40+ if we can rally the troops!!

Steve

Old 08-22-2003, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, you can count of us. We'll be there!
Old 08-25-2003, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

KLAYFISH,

I'm sending my registration. Save us a couple of T-shirts, because I've obviously missed my deadline. Veronica and I are staying through the cruise to Hershey Park.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:28 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Two weeks and counting until the Cobra Civil War. The head count is starting to grow, but I'd love to see it skyrocket. With the kind of weather we've had all year, this may be the last chance to get together until next spring.

Get those registrations into me and see you in Lancaster!!!

Steve

Old 09-19-2003, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What is the status on the Civil for Saturday. Also, if no outing, is Tristates having open house on Saturday. The worst missed us and hopefully the event is on as we are looking forward to coming down south.

exrodder
Old 09-19-2003, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If I can manage to remove all the debris (including the tree that missed my garage by three inches) in time, I'll be there... naturally, if the event has been cancelled due to the weather, it will be next time.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We are a definite go!! The worst of the storm missed us. Seems like it was mostly leaves and branches down. I spoke to the Longs' Park people on Thursday and they said the field we are using is on higher ground and doesn't flood. It should be in fine shape. Besides, the sun is out today and the wind is blowing, so the field should blow dry nicely by tomorrow. We will definitely have the show in Longs' Park tomorrow! The wife and I are baking the last of our homemade cookies tonight (mmm...cookies), and going to buy all the food tonight also. Burgers, dogs, chips, pretzels, etc....

We're having the event from 11-3pm. After that, anyone who is planning to join us for events afterward can help us decide exactly what we want to do. Several options are open to us. It's supposed to be beautiful weater. We can cruise to the PA Renaissance Faire. www.parenfaire.com We can cruise to the Seven Sweets and Sours Festival at Kitchen Kettle. www.kitchenkettle.com. Or we can go to Hershey Park on Saturday night (instead of Sunday, for those who were going to stay). www.hersheypark.com. Hershey is open until 10pm and admission price after 5pm is about 1/2 of normal daytime admission. So, we can decide at the event what we would like to do.

Hope to see lots of cars and faces on Saturday!!

Steve

Last edited by klayfish; 09-19-2003 at 07:28 AM..