28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2003, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Auto Alarm suggestions?

Okay all you experts. What's a good car alarm for my shell valley? I'm planing on driving it everyda and want a VERY GOOD alarm.

Thanks
Old 08-02-2003, 08:26 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Alarm?

I choose VERY good insurance! How about a low jack unit...
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 08-02-2003, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

The best "insurance" is to keep it in sight! Seriously, layers of theft protection are what the experts recomend. For instance a removable steering wheel hub that allows you to take the wheel with you. An audible alarm that will draw attention or scare off a would be thief. A miniture toggle switch that grounds out the primary side of the ignition to prevent starting, or disables an electric fuel pump and lastly Lojack as it will assist authorities in tracking the vehicle on short notice. Take no prisoners if you catch them screwing with your ride!

........Rick

I once had a picture given to me by an alarm vendor. It was of a 4 door Nissan taken in Mexico City that showed a very large Rattlesnake intertwined in the spokes of the steering wheel. That would certainly make them think twice!

Last edited by Rick Parker; 08-02-2003 at 11:18 AM..
Old 08-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I choose the "infrared" style alarm. It senses movement\presence only INSIDE the car. There are buttons in the doors that also trigger it if the doors are open while "alarmed". It also cut's out the fuel pump and ignition unit while armed (but the engine will crank). Push button "arm\disarm" thing clips on my key ring. Pager notification if the alarm goes off (REAL short distance though, not sure THAT option is practical).

The biggest deterent here in Hawaii (and car thefts ARE high here) is the "visibility" factor of the car. Cobras draw a LOT of attention and this is a SMALL island.

Ernie

Last edited by Excaliber; 08-04-2003 at 12:26 AM..
Old 08-03-2003, 02:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shamrock ,350 chevy, jag axles
Not Ranked     

The best you can get is probably this sattelite tracking and relocating stuff, since its almost impossible to totally protect the car from theft; of course there are a few things that makes it harder to get. I know of one guy who has attached an electro shocker to the steering wheel. Another good thing is a hidden valve in the brake hose; push the brake, close the valve, and the car won't move an inch.

Anyway, a guy who's stealing a cobra must be totally nuts; you never know what you get.

This is a mans world, but what would it be without a cobra!
Old 08-03-2003, 05:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 393 $27 S.O. bored and stroked to 482
Not Ranked     
Default What brand Ernie?

Could you be more specific, I want to do an alarm because I intend to drive the coast when I get my car done.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would really like to keep a 'rattler in the car but it shed its skin and would dirty the car. I looked at LoJack but I don't want to find my Cobra AFTER its stolen, I want to know about it before its stolen. So far, I'm primarilly looking at BullDog security (http://www.bulldogsecurity.com) model 2002PRO and the optional part 703 radar intrusion sensor. I'd like to try and get one of those pager things too like http://www.wintec.com.tw
Old 08-07-2003, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

my opnion,,,ALL car alarms are junk and in time cause the owner more discomfort than the thief,I think the best is a hidden ign.cut out,and or a fuel pump shut off.Foremost using common sense when leaving the car ,and good insurance,,car alarms are worthless,I am a car dealer ,it is unreal the money we spend because of car alarms on trade ins after they are 2 or 3 years old,there just junk,,Tk

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "