Old 08-10-2003, 07:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1476 - Keith Craft 445ci, 636hp 613tq
Send a message via Skype™ to skippy
Not Ranked     
Unhappy E-Bay robbed.

Hi guys a word of waring.

I tried to buy 2 cast model cobra replica's off a guy in California. I won both auctions paid through pay pal and never recieved the cars.

He came under the name of.

*TOYZDISTRIC". and also highspeed616

Stupid me didn't look at his Feedback.

But them the breaks.

Hope you guys don't get caught.

Good luck.

Skippy.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ultima GTR, chebby stuff
Not Ranked     

Yup, the same little bastard got me too. I've filed a complaint with E-bay and Paypal, now I'm going thru some buds to track him down via his phone number. I live pretty close to him so we'll meet oneday soon.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:31 AM
Subsistance du serpent
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baldwin
Not Ranked     
Smile

Taken from PayPal's website-- I don't know if it helps, but good luck.

Protection Policies - Buyer Complaints

I paid for merchandise, but did not receive it. How do I get my money back?

You should first contact the seller to see if understandable circumstances prevented the shipment of your merchandise. If you are unable to resolve the situation this way, report this problem by filing a Buyer Complaint Form (go to the Security Center link in the footer of any PayPal page).

PayPal will investigate your complaint and attempt to recover any funds you are owed. You will be entitled to the return of any funds PayPal is able to collect on your behalf. However, fund recovery is not guaranteed. We will make every effort to complete our investigation and any reimbursement within 30 days of the date the Buyer Complaint Form is filed.

If you made your purchase on eBay, you may be eligible to file a Fraud Report and Insurance Claim through eBay. eBay offers insurance to protect the transactions in its community, and PayPal works to independently supplement their program in cases where we are unable to recover funds through our own investigation. To learn more about filing a claim with eBay, please visit eBay's Fraud Reporting and Insurance Claim Form.

If eBay’s dispute process is resolved in your favor, you must contact PayPal customer service with proof that your eBay claim was granted to be eligible for PayPal's supplemental eBay coverage. This must be done within 30 days of eBay's grant. Buyers may receive up to $200 additional coverage from PayPal when they qualify for eBay's insurance policy (currently limited to $200). Note: PayPal's supplemental eBay coverage only applies to domestic buyers who pay Verified sellers.

For specific terms and conditions of the Buyer Complaint Process, please review our Buyer Complaint Policy.

A few ERAs, SPFs, Shelbys, Kirkhams...
Old 08-10-2003, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys,

Dirt Cowboy: I wrote to every person that left negative feed back on him and none of them recieved anything from him. I tried to call his number but no one answered and some one said that they managed to get a pick up from the phone but no body spoke any english.

I too am waiting to hear from e-bay and pay pal. Did you contact your credit card agent ? I spoke to Visa and i have to wait a total 60 days and normally i will get my money back, so only another 2 weeks to go.

If you do get hold of him send him my wishes ( i'll leave that to you ).

Many thanks.

Skippy.
Old 08-11-2003, 06:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

Is his phone # a non pub? Do you have a full name yet? City?
Maybe I can be of some assistance.

Roscoe
PI
Old 08-11-2003, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Roscoe; here are his details. Well this is what he wrote to me.

Payment Instructions: HI! PLEASE SEND PAYMENT TO TOYZDISTRICT@HOTMAIL.COM OR TO MY MAILING ADDRESS AT MY D. TRAN 7942 COURT ST. #5 BUENA PARK, CA 90621, MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN THE ITEM #. THANK YOU!

Seller's Payment Address:
my tran
7942 court st., APT.5
buena park, CA 90621, United States
(714) 7147175318

Hope that helps.

Thanks again.

Skippy.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:44 AM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in the ring...........Skippy, you said you didn't look at his feedback.....well that is not always an indicator that you will get your items.....I bought a Bellhousing from a guy on EBAY in mid June, who had good feedback, and I am still waiting on it....He sent me an e-mail in late July saying he was sorry for the delay and was going to send it the next day and give me a partial refund.....Nothing ever received.....Now he will not answer his e-mails, will not answer his phone, and will not answer my Square Trade complaint I filed.....I am in Daytona Beach and he is in Orlando, just 60 miles away.....I even offered to come pick it up....he said he was a truck driver so that would not be convient....I guess I'm just out my money......Oh well, I rambled enough...Good Luck
Old 08-11-2003, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

EarlsflyinCobra,

Sorry to hear that mate. Did you pay throuh a credit card company ? As they have insurance for this type of thing.

Sounds like you gave up to early. Tell you what i would drive 200 miles to pick up them cars that i bought than rather shrug my shoulders.

So get in to your car and pay a visit. Its rightfully yours, we have to stop A$$ like people doing this and getting away with it. $5 to whatever its all the same to me.

But for your guy it may be just a communication gap.

Go on get into your street beast and pay him a visit.

Oh yeah when you see him ask him if he knows my mate.

Good luck.

Skippy.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Complaints Against Dang H. Tran or Tanlinh t le
9761 Acacia Ave. #3
Garden Grove, Ca 92841
or
10481 Mast Ave.
Westminster, CA 92683-5813
or

Buena Park , CA
Phone: (714) 522 - 7091

Email Addresses and user IDs:
bbplace2001 (ebay user ID)
bbplace2001@cs.com, bbplace2001@yahoo.com

**Please also check this Bad Trader Page: http://www.traderlist.com/DangTranorDungTran.html

If you have questions about the complaint,
please contact the person who filed it.

Current victims and past victims need to comtact Joe Kim joek@ch.ci.garden-grove.ca.us at the garden grove,ca police dept Please see July 30 posting below to see what infomation you need to send him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 4, 2000
Complaint filed by: lydiaview@joltmail.com
I PURCHASED 3 BEANIES FROM EBAY AUCTIONS FROM HIM TOTAL OF 140.60.I WAITED ALONG TIME AND GOT NO ANSWERS TO MY EMAIL. I FILED A COMPLAINT W/SQUARETRADE,CASE #20963,HE DIDN'T REPLY.AFTER I POSTED MY FEEDBACK,HE RESPONED ON FEEDBACK SAYING THEY WERE LOST IN THE MAIL,AND THAT I WAS IMPATIENT,AND NOT TO BEAL WITH ME.ABOUT 2 WEEKS LATER I GOT 3 FAKE BEANIES. I NEVER GOT ANY REPLY,I TO THIS DAY I'M STUCK. HAVE YOU MADE A CONNECTION TO MYDUNGT@AOL.COM,THATS WHO I THINK HE IS.HE STUCK ME ALSO.ONES NAME IS DUNG TRAN THE OTHER DANG TRAN.AND I HAVE A HUGE LIST OF HIS (DUNG TRAN)NAMES.

DANG TRAN
7942 COURT ST #5
BUENA PARK,CA 90621

DANG TRAN
11750 EUCLID ST #80
GARDEN GROVE,CA92840 (THIS ADDRESS CAME FROM SOMEONE ELSE THAT BOUGHT FROM HIM) (LILIANNE@OLYNET.COM)

DUNG TRAM
4919 W FLIGHT AVE
SANATA ANA,CA 92704
DUTRAN@ACCESS1.NET IS ALSO DANG TRAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 12, 2000
Complaint filed by: From: adam.smith@talk21.com
Yes i have had dealings with this person. His name is Dang H Tran. I think he is conected to the Nguyen clan who i am sure you have heard of. I won a beanie from him on ebay i sent him the money but he did not send the beanie . After loads of emails and threats to inform the Garden Grove police he finaly returned my money. I think i was one of the first to start leaving him bad feedback and i think this was the reason he sent my money to shut me up so that he could go on conning people. I WAS LUCKY.I was contacted by officer Haligan of the garden grove police about the nguyens and it seems that these people live on a campus and dangrose is one of them. Good luck from
roger

April 6, 2001
Complaint filed by: Crazyfemale46@aol.com

I am having with and EBay Seller...His Name is Dang H. Tran....9761 Acaria Ave. GardenGrove, Ca.....92841....won to bids on beanies.....sent him 2 money orders and heard nothing .....sent them on 3/17....have tried emailing him ..but no response....and no beanies.....have talked to another person that has had a problem with the same person.....Thanks ...Susan

April 8, 2001
Complaint filed by: tgorton@inetworld.net

On march 20th I purchased three Beanie Babies from him via ebay auctions. I sent him a money order and never received anything. After the money was sent he stopped answering my emails.

April 8, 2001
Complaint filed by: grubbilona@email.msn.com

Subject: bbplace2001@yahoo.com
traders_name: Dang H. Tran
I was the high bidder for Ty Garcia Bear on E-Bay paid for the Item by M.O. but never received the merchandise.I have send 4 or 5 E-Mail letters phoned the people withour respond

April 14, 2001
Complaint filed by jdolphinlover@aol.com

This is the information that the seller gave me:
Dang H Tran
9761 Acacia Ave Apt. # 3
Garden Grove, Ca 92841
email bbplace2001@cs.com
user id on ebay bbplace2001
phone # 714-539-9693
This is the information that ebay gave me after I realized that I had been ripped off.

bbplace2001
Tanlinh T Le
Buena Park, Ca
714-522-7091

The Auction was for a Libearty Beanie Babie that ended on March 17, 2001. I sent him a money order for $56.00, I called the money order place and they said that it had been cashed on March 27, 2001. I have emailed him many times and he will not email me back at all. I began searching trying to find things out and I found out that he also has another email address of bbplace2001@yahoo.com. So I began emailing him on that one also, but still no response. I contacted my local police and they said the only thing that I could do was try to file a civil suite but he lives in California and I live in Ohio. At the time the auction was still active the seller had a good rating and after I realized that it was fake the seller had all kinds of bad feedback, but I found out too late. I can file a claim with ebay but I can't do anything yet I still have to wait a while before I can do anything. I would be thankful for any help or information that you can give me.

April 15, 2001
Complaint filed by: oceanview17@excite.com
traders_name: Dang Tran Comments: This Seller Dang Tran 9761 Acacia Ave. Apt. 3 Garden Grove,CA 92841, user ID on ebay was bbplace2001, is no longer a registered user on ebay under that ID. I was sold a counterfeit bubbles # 569497725. Now, this seller can not be reached by e-mail or contact information. Do not deal with this seller under any user ID.

July 30, 2001
Complaint filed by: jcubley@socal.rr.com
Comments: got ripped off by this guy in March also Current victims and past victims need to comtact Joe Kim joek@ch.ci.garden-grove.ca.us at the garden grove,ca police dept . he needs the following information:

who and any aka's the addresses you have for the person what you bought and how much it costs-- etc. just follow this form and email it asap
20 victims already have filed
this is what I have
bbplace aka Dang Tran
9761 Acacia Apt 3
Garden Grove, Ca
$81.00 Sakura
$10.50 Bubbles
$76.00 Libearty
$38.02 Sting
$8.00 Shipping (priority mail requested)
$1.50 Insurance (insurance requested)
$215.02 Total all sent in same money order money order cashed March 21
get copy of payment copy of cased check etc E-Bay Item Number
Your E-Bay Nick Name
Your real name
Your e-mail address
Brief description of item |
Date Auction Closed
Amount Paid to seller $
Type of Payment
Money Order Serial Number
Date Payment was mailed
Your Contact Information
Daytime Contact Phone Number
Evening Contact Phone Number

Old 08-11-2003, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Also,

Equifax is reporting that he is 21 years old and his social is
027-62-9179

Roscoe
Old 08-11-2003, 11:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Roscoe,

WOW my own private eye. Many thanks for the info just hope that other people now won't get ripped off by this little scum bag. By the sounds of it he made a small fortune.

I will see what i can do but i think our friend Dirt Cowboy will find it rather interesting.

Many thanks,

Skippy.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     

Sounds like paypal isn't worth a Tu.d
Old 08-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

Skippy, I have not given up yet.....I send him several e-mails a day and I have also enclosed his address in it so he knows I know where he lives. I will be visiting him within the next couple of weeks if I do not get any satisfaction......I also call his number at least once a day but have only got his answering machine so far.....Earl
Old 08-11-2003, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

EarlsflyinCobra.

Good lad and good luck.

Skippy.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Try contacting that cop mentioned in my post. Don't email him but get the phone for the pd and talk with him directly.

Roscoe
Old 08-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Nice work Roscoe!! I also appreciate the link to the traderlist site.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Default Roscoe...

....once again "you da' man!"

This brings up the issue of feedback rating on eBay and what constitiutes a "good" rating? Mine is 99.4 positive, I had a guy complain cause two auctions he won were lost in the US Mail in a combined shipment. I had proof of shipment but he didn't request insurance. I made part of the loss good with a duplicate item but could not replicate the other. He b!tched because I didn't ship UPS.

Lets face it, Stuff happens, I have also been guilty on occaison of waiting several days to ship after receiving payment because I was on business travel and did not have time to pack and ship. I have also sent stuff the day I got paid and had the customer receive it the next day!

Personally I will not deal with anyone under 90% buying or selling. I know you can't please everybody but if you fairly describe your product and ship in a reasonable time you should be able to please most. I tend to "underdescribe" my items and point out all flaws up front...in my experience it gets me better bids. FYI my eBay handle is rcmconcours so you can see what people say about my auctions. I wish everybody would be fair with the pictures and descriptions on eBay but the temptation is just too great to "bone" some poor stiff hundreds of miles away.

I saw a 1967 Mustang convertible sold out of Illinois that looked GREAT in the pictures, when it was delivered, the winning bidder, a local woman brought it to my shop for inspection. I told her I would not drive the car on the street, it was that bad and unsafe structurally. She managed to get the seller (a sorta dealer) to take it back but she was out the transport both ways.

I do think ebay does not do enough to ban and prevent scammers from selling on medium.

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 08-11-2003, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Bummer dude.

One bad apple ruins the whole barrel for all of us. Don't give up on the skunk and track him down. I'd call the police and call the police and call the police...

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 08-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Default But...

....I bid on a car from some outfit called Kirkham Engineering and I sent them 3 bucks for shipping and I still don't have it......

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 08-11-2003, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Question

Rick,

?????

David