14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2003, 07:03 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for Street Beasts/Innovative Street Machine Owners

I was wondering how many Street Beasts/Innovative Street Machines Cobra owners are here on the Forum and if there are any others here in Florida? I would like to hear form any other owners and see what stages your Cobras are in.

Thanks, and Safe Flyin, Opppppps, there I go again, I mean Drivin, Earl
Old 08-23-2003, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

You mean how many will admit to having done business with Street Beasts. Their name is not held in very high regard by many (to put it mildly), check the better business bureau in Florida.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:55 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

I know they had problems in the past, but I really think they are trying to improve their image. I have one of their kits and so far I have been satisfied with my dealings with them. I bought a kit from them inn the mid ninetys and lost out when the company went bankrupt. When they were bought out of bankruptcy the new owners were given a stipulation that they honor any of the old contracts that people still held on to. When I got ready to try and buy again in 2001 I researched a lot of companies and during my research I found others that were better, however I also came across the above stipulation, therefore I was able to recover my original deposit. I did not post this message to start a debate about which company was best, I was merely interested in finding other owners. Thanks for your input, Earl
Old 08-23-2003, 09:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Geeez Cowtown, he owns one.

TT
Old 08-24-2003, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And I wish him the best of luck.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Earl
there are 20 or more CMC/streetbeast/fiberfab owners here.
Bought mine in 95.I finally got it late 2000.
The kit all and all is a good one.By no starch is it the easiest kit to assemble.
My build is going slow but have not ran into any major problems.
I have been a member here long enough that I don't let what some of the members say about my car get under my skin.
If I can be of any help just let me know.
I live in SC about 60 miles south of columbia.
Regards
Bill
Old 08-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

EarlsflyinCobra.
Thanks for the up-date on that. I knew they had gone belly up and people lost money. I also knew they were back in business, which had me confused!

You did good getting your kit back eventually. I think Don Scott who just bought Classic Roadsters is having some of the same kind of issues..,,,,,,just not as bad.

Is the "new" product much different from the old?

Ernie
Old 08-25-2003, 02:32 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Earl,
I have one, have had no major problems. Send E-Mail and will give phone #'s you can reach me will be happy to try and answer questions or send pictures that might help you.

Jim
Old 08-25-2003, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351W, roller rockers, 750 edelbrock carb, 4 into 4 sidepipes
Not Ranked     

Earl,
I have a CMC, which you know is now Street Beasts, and I am very happy with my car. I purchased the car (parts ) from a gentleman that was the ariginal purchaser but had not assembled anything. Anyway I had found out that Street Beasts took over and when I had questions or ran into a problem they helped me out alot. I must say that I don't know if I could have finished my car without them. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me. I also have a top and tonnou cover for the car that I don't intend to use. Let me know if your interested.

Roland
Old 08-25-2003, 06:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Cobra
Not Ranked     

Have been building on and off for 2 1/2 yrs. Was taking so long that I went out and bought a completed FFR. To finish this thing I think I may need all of your help. Is about 80% done. I wish I did more research before I jumped in. Made My bed, gonna sleep in it.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

I have an old CMC kit. These are probably the hardest kits to finish, but with some modifications, they will make a great car. It is not a simple bolt together kit like some out there. They got and still get a lot of bad press (they earned most of it by themselves with crappy business practices and some questionable "engineering" ). I am always open to questions and if I can help, let me know.
Everyone of the different manufacturers get blasted occasionally by someone, so don't let that bother any of you.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, bringing an old thread back. Registered just a while ago and saw this thread searching under CMC.

Bought a 1992 CMC kit. Took 3 years to complete it, first cruise in 1995. Stock 302 for now, this winter putting heads, cam, intake, etc., etc.

One question....my 302 wouldn't fit the headers and clear the body. I, thankfully, am a mechanic and metel welder, and made my own headers. I will still like to do it right. Anyone know of any company I can buy headers and sidepipes that will fit (no cats or anything, just pipes and headers).
Old 10-25-2003, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EM cobra, 450 inch sbc running a best ET of 9.14..so far..ALL MOTOR...approx 800 horse.............ERA with 482 FE..All Aluminum Engine
Send a message via Yahoo to Hotfingrs
Not Ranked     

What you're going to find with headers is that each company has a different engine set back and height.....custom is the only way to go
Old 10-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

I have a CMC with a 351 Cleveland. I had to build my headers and it was a PITA! I used Shell Valley sidepipes in the beginning, but have modified them too. Someone that advertises on Cobra Country (York?) has parts to finish CMC cars, so you may ask them.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC Cobra ,351-Cleveland, 375 hp
Not Ranked     

EARL

Don't worry about what others say , I own one of these unmentionable CMC cobras. I bought it as incomplete kit and it took me 2 years working part time to get it finished. I do not race it but do Car Shows and cruise-ins. We have taken numberous trophies including first places in area shows. There are flaws in the car , but I've seen more flaws in other more respected named cars out there. I have a friend that I see once in awhile that use to drag race for Shelby and he really likes my cobra alot. He has some great stories and photos he's shown me of him and an original cobra that are awesome.

The thing to remember is no cobra kit is the real thing , so enjoy putting it together , driving is still a thrill and mine's been on the road 2 1/2 years now. Have any problems e-mail me.

Rich
Old 10-25-2003, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've seen kountzecobra's CMC up close and it is very nice, a lot nicer than some other brands that I can think of.

Last edited by CowtownCobra; 12-08-2003 at 12:43 PM..
Old 11-18-2003, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, stock Ford 302
Not Ranked     

Any other thoughts on Street Beasts? I am looking to purchase a kit very soon and am looking for thoughts about the company and product NOW, not before the new owners took over. Your present thoughts folks?
Old 12-08-2003, 12:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Street Beasts

Greetings,

I was/am one of the first 20 to order one of their Cobra Coupe stretch cars a year ago. I'm a big boy...6'2" and 250# so happy to have the addtional 8" in the chassis/coupe body.

Have worked very close with Peter Travis in Sales and Pete Charbonneau who designed the car. They have picked up on a couple of my suggestions, one being to change the scabbed-on roadster style license plate to a 'frenched' design, secondly, when they added the Corvette style taillights, I was very explicit that if I had wanted a vette, I would have bought a vette
...so they added back as an alternate, the conventional
Cobra taillights. I also made suggestions as to the location
of the gas fill cap and Pete made some sketches; however
they arent production yet.....so they may do something
different.

I visited there in early August hoping to see the early production; however, they were still tweaking it and as of this writing hoping to start delivering in the Jan/Feb time frame. I dont currently have a place to build it nor paid in full yet so I dont mind the delay.

They get a major 'attaboy' in my book from the time that they have spent with me on the phone (their toll free #) and during my August visit when I spent over three hours with the now retired President Ben Harrington. I'm impressed with the fastback design, the fact that the body and floor pans/dash/wheel wells are all molded together before you get it.....I used to be part owner of a body shop that did only vettes and am hyper sensitive to e-glass, s-glass and any fiberglass resins/materials so happy to have essentially just the mechanical stuff to do.....plus paint and interior of course.

I've read some of the earlier posts about their previous days but
think they're trying really hard to win the business back with responsive customer service and willingness to talk.....with the support they've given to me at this point, I think they're worth dealing with.....I'll post more when I receive my car, hopefully, in the next 90 days.....Val

Last edited by fly4val; 12-08-2003 at 12:43 PM..
Old 12-08-2003, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Earl, I am in the process of building my cobra, I have about 6 more payment till I get my Cobra. My dealing with the company has been great so far. I agree with a lot of the responses about the company and how they screwed a lot of people, but since the new ownership bought the old company from bankruptcy, they have been trying to do a better job treating customers. From what I have heard from other customer, that so far they have been statisfied with there cobra's. That my take on Street Beast. Sam
Old 12-08-2003, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates work in progress, personally built 302
Not Ranked     

I just rode in a Street Beasts this weekend.... If you notice, we're in northern IL, so it was a brisk and short ride, but a ride none the less.

The owner is not a computer guy, so I guess I'll check in for him.

He finished the kit in 41 days in 2001. Looks sharp! stroked 302 C6, 8.8 rear. He said he was very happy with Street Beasts - got everything they said they would deliver and even took his interior kit back when he changed his mind on the color.

I think the new management has done a fine job to turn the CMC image around IMHO.