LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2003, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     
Default SA CSX Roller

it seems I may be a 2 car owner since I am suprised to see I was high bidder on ebay for one of the new cars.now I am getting cold feet,has any one gotten any concrete information on these cars ? I am concerned that the cars are built identical or at least close to the LV cars, next is the concern of sending 10k and a 427/toploader combo to TX,what are the odds this thing could go bust with no cars completed with me helping hold the bag ?any help would be appreciated before I try to convert my hundreds to checks,,Tk

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "
Old 08-30-2003, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom 351W
Not Ranked     

Banks are not open until Tuesday. That'll give you some time to think about it.

You'll know you in trouble when you call to find out the status of your SA CSX roller and they tell you the SA CSX/427/toploader is on the truck that broke down in Arkansas. The driver strained his back trying to change the inside rear tire. He was taken to the local emergency room and will spend a week in th hospital recuperating. Meanwhile, the truck has been impounding because it sat along side the road unattended. And, could you wire $500 to the driver to get the truck from the impound yard.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Are we talking about the new CAV SAI car here?

Ernie
Old 08-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Call Bob Marsh at SAI in Vegas - 702 643-3000 - he will know more than anyone about the import status. The car will go through SAI before it goes to the dealer. SAI can give you the assurances you need. Yes the cars are virtually identical to the LV 4000 series. A Vegas chassis went to SA for them to follow in the construction.
Old 08-30-2003, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yes Ernie,,
sorry I wasnt more clear,,I guess I was a bit stressed, I am excited about the deal,but concerned if I get a car at all,as to how it compares to the current car,it worries me that there is no mention of this venture on the SAI site,,I am sure everything is up and up,but I am sending 10k plus a 20k or so drive train pretty much on trust.
I do intend to call and speak to Paul in Houston,but was wondering if any one has seen a car,or has definate specs,I am a bit concerned about the ability of the dealer to supply and build all these cars as promised.Tk

Old 08-30-2003, 07:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Again, go to the source! Bob Marsh will be able to give you the answers.

Wayne Stoker
Old 08-30-2003, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the input Wayne,,,
If all pans out I need to do some fancy shuffling in the next few months,any one wanna buy a way cool SV roller ?,hahah
Tk

Old 08-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Default Re: SA CSX Roller

Quote:
Originally posted by misfit41

...next is the concern of sending 10k and a 427/toploader combo to TX,what are the odds this thing could go bust with no cars completed with me helping hold the bag ?
Tim.. first, Wayne is correct (hiya..wayne..good to hear from you!) ..give Bob a call.

Regardless of the sourcing, you are still buying an SAI product.

I am a little confused here, though. What's with the Texas thing? You bought the car from Paul Andrews, the SA dealer in New Jersey. I saw Houston TX as the shipping point in the eBay listing, but I thought that was because the port-of-entry of the imported rollers was Houston TX.

Why would your engine have to be shipped there?
Old 08-31-2003, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Ron,,
After I thought about it I am not sure about the Texas thing myself,I was under the impression the dealer had to install the engines,{at my cost}but after thinking I am sure that s incorrect,which is good,,I would rather put it in than ship it.
I am wondering if the car will look identical to the LV cars,otherwise I dont want it,but if so I plan to finish the deal.
I am not sure my thinking makes sense, I really cant justify two cars,but with these SA cars on the market it has to adjust all replica prices ,mine included,my car definately has a csx quality drive train,so the plan is to use that in the csx car,maybe stick a small block,or a nice stock 428 and c6 I have in the sv,it will still be a great car,trigos,correct dash,alum trim under the hood,and very correct looking,so it should still be worth 20k,I got that car at a steal and have under 30k invested including the 16k 427 ,so all said and done and averaged out,I should still be in ok shape and have a real car.and jumping for joy I didnt buy the spf,,Tk

Old 08-31-2003, 11:31 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4300, C5AE-H, Toploader
Not Ranked     

Hi Tim,
Congratulations on winning the bid on the Cobra! I am very suprised that no one beat out the price! BTW Paul is a stand up guy. He is very helpfull and knowledgable. Cobra runs in the guys blood. He is as enthusiastic as anyone on this site about Cobras.He has a couple of originals too. Call him and you will see what I meen. He will help you anway he can. Good luck and again Congrats.....Sal.