Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Big man in a Cobra? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/44958-big-man-cobra.html)

Jamo 09-03-2003 11:46 AM

Should have thought first before running a mouse in front of a herd of elephants.

Now THAT'S funny.:LOL:

Fred Douglass 09-03-2003 03:50 PM

OOOOoooooh Herculeeth Thoulderth!!! Picthurth pleeeath!

My money's on Jamo. third round!:LOL: :LOL: Or..we could tag-team! **)

750hp 09-03-2003 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A picture's worth a thousand words, so here's my 6'5" 230lb Dad AND me at 6' 220lb in a standard wheelbase car together...

Steve R 09-03-2003 06:45 PM

Bob Evans
Great to see you post! I can't wait to see the article. Don't be a stranger. You have many friends here. :)
Steven

Excaliber 09-03-2003 06:49 PM

So what 7.49 horse power is saying is:

If you make the hood REALLY REALLY big, there is enough room to work the clutch. LOL

Ernie

750hp 09-03-2003 07:04 PM

That's right - who needs a dropped footbox when you can instead have a raised hood!?! ;)

The engine is actually further back than most - the back three headers are behind the leading edge of the footbox.

thardin 09-03-2003 08:23 PM

Response

I appreciate all of the responses. You guys sound like a good crew. I figure I have about 8 months to research the one I want before I put down the cash, so I will probably be asking a lot of questions. I guess that is what this board is for.

I would like to keep the project to around $35,000. I already have a 500HP motor to drop in, so that number excludes the motor. I will also be doing the body work and paint myself, as I used to make a living at it. Rough fabrication with pipe, tubing, and a mig welder I can handle. Aluminum and tig welding I will have a buddy take care of.

I can see that the final decision will be a hard one, as I have seen only two mfr's and I liked them both a lot. I do not want a roller so I need to research other mfrs that offer "kits". Are there any events I should plan to attend before next spring in order to meet some of you guys and sit in your cars? Let me know.

Tom

ToyCollector 09-03-2003 09:06 PM

Craig,

All I see is bad-a$$ machinery. You may not be big enough to drive that thing ;)

ToyCollector 09-03-2003 09:10 PM

Sizzler is right about the rollbar--it has a proportioning effect.

Anybody have some extra tubing? ;)

Turk 09-03-2003 11:10 PM

You big guys have choices...

Atkins or a Buick.:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

Jamo 09-03-2003 11:25 PM

Krut
As you well know...you're also an asshole.:p

XXQQQME 09-04-2003 07:00 AM

I've got a West Coast and there's plenty of room. Foot box is a little narrow, but I'm sure some mods would make it better. I'm 6'-0", 224 (last time I checked) and after sitting in and researching several other mfgrs, I went with the West Coast. At the time, they were one of the few that offered a kit in "stages", and a roller was one of the stages. After reviewing/comparing the parts list, I concluded that this kit was the most complete one available at the time (1995). The thought of rummaging around in junkyards did not appeal to me, not to mention that this kit only cost $21,500. The only thing is: likeness to original. This car is 6 inches longer and 4 inches wider than the originals as well as other kits that market themselves by being like the original ("correct"). You see, the general public is not educated about this car, it's history or the legend. I've had people ask me "what year is it?" It's sooo cool when they think it's an original.
Anyway, I don't lose any sleep or get my panties in a bunch like some nail biting, nose picking, bed wetters do, if it's not "correct" (Relax you guys, I'm just kidding!!! lol) Originally, (pun intended) knowing nothing about this car, or it's legend, I did some research. After I had learned the scarcity and cost of an original, my attention turned to the purchase of a kit. Original or kit, all Cobras are bad a$$, head turning cars! Good luck with your project! The "Legend" is awsome!

OMG

ColoradoCobras. 09-04-2003 07:44 AM

Thardin,
if you go to www.uniquemotorports.com go to FAQ's and the second page shows a 6'4" man beside his car and how they were able to accomodate a 7' man without compromising the car itself.

For the group here....Don't let anyone sell your dreams out from under you and don't stoop to the level of bashing anyone's opinion or justify yours by calling them names. Lets be adults here. Name calling is for children. If the "difference between the men and the boys is the price of their toys"...then only MEN live here! Suck it up, bite your lip and lets all be men. You may have the soap box back now.
Don@ ColoradoCobras.com

Art Burtt 09-04-2003 07:48 AM

Ever think of going on a diet?

Excaliber 09-04-2003 08:59 AM

Like a 6'2" guy would shrink to 5'11" on a diet?

Ernie

JWheaton 09-04-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Excaliber

Like a 6'2" guy would shrink to 5'11" on a diet?

Ernie

If he had really fat feet and a soft head?!?! Maybe......:confused: :eek: %/ :LOL:

Robert Evans 09-04-2003 05:18 PM

Colorado Cobra;
That guy on the Unique website is me at 7 feet tall next to my first car. You can see my new car on my photo gallery.

The Unique website address is:
www.uniquecobrareplicas.com

ToyCollector 09-04-2003 06:25 PM

I post this after watching 30 minutes on A&E an episode of 9/11 from 3 years ago and realise how far we have come. Let's never forget how lucky we are to be complaining of such trite things!

TC, rarely ever on Soapbox.

John S Peterson 09-04-2003 09:56 PM

I too am a tall one 6'5", and yes I had to make some "adjustments", but no is going to tell me that tall guys shoudn't drive Cobras. When I drive mine I'm king of the world and nothing equals that. I also agree that red Cobras are a cure for baldness.

John..
Heritage cobra, 460 and lots of other good stuff.

Wild Thing 09-04-2003 11:49 PM

sizzler is right!!!!

if someone doesnt fit in a cobra, it looks ridiculous, not matter if too tall or tiny- just imagine someones looking over the windshield or through the wheel, grabbing up.

The point is, almost every manufacturer can modify the car to fit. btw: I'm 6.3, 270 pounds, and I look great in my southafrican made cobra.:MECOOL:

@thardin: good luck with your project, I think you will build a great car - welcome to the community of people that made (or will make) their dream come true. Keep us informed.