Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Finally, a really BIG big block (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/45234-finally-really-big-big-block.html)

Mr.Fixit 09-11-2003 07:23 AM

Finally, a really BIG big block

Ok, it won't quite fit into a cobra, but this is the largest engine I have ever seen. And it's Japanese, makes 5.6 million lb/ft of torque

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~ccsshb/12cyl/

RoyBoy 09-11-2003 07:36 AM

Big blocks

Is it real or a replica?

grumpy 09-11-2003 07:42 AM

replica

It's a Replica of the one they built before this one!
grumpy

sgianino 09-11-2003 07:48 AM

Its the next Generation Cammer ! :D

CowtownCobra 09-11-2003 07:55 AM

Cool!

I'll take 2!

Will they fit in my garage?:LOL:

Fred Douglass 09-11-2003 07:57 AM

Mr. Fixit

....I figured if anyone can do it YOU can! Therefore, I've just sent you a deposit---the plan is---we forego the "significant engine setback" built into the Butler---and then...........**) :JEKYLHYDE :LOL:..well you take it from there---maybe with an assist from Ed Combs......

Chow, :LOL:

WBofTN 09-11-2003 07:58 AM

How many QTS of oil will it take, and were is the dip stick??

RoyBoy 09-11-2003 08:29 AM

Big block

I thought these were built in South Africa!

R U YELLA 09-11-2003 08:38 AM

It's more like a great big block!

Catch ya later
Ed

Bannon 09-11-2003 08:55 AM

Nah!

Its really a Stroker Small block!

Seems like the Stroke to Bore ratio is a bit excessive. I don't want to be anywhere near it when it throws a rod. Although at 102 RPM that's probably not a problem. :3DSMILE:

JB

flipper35 09-11-2003 11:35 AM

At 102rpm on a scale that size I bet the moving parts are still moving fast enough to soil anyones pants standing near it during a catastrophic failure.

snake oil 09-11-2003 02:42 PM

Yeah sure....

But can we hotrod it and put a supercharger on it?

Who said...."You can never have too much horse power" ?:LOL:

That is one big Mutha.

rbray 09-11-2003 02:57 PM

can I keep my TKO or do I need to upgrade to TKO 2 when I order this engine?

Mr.Fixit 09-11-2003 03:08 PM

Re: Yeah sure....

Quote:

Originally posted by snake oil

But can we hotrod it and put a supercharger on it?

Who said...."You can never have too much horse power" ?:LOL:

That is one big Mutha.

It's allready turbocharged and a two-stroke. It is blown, and it fires each cylinder every crank rotation. If I could convert my BB chevy to be a two stroke, it would essentially DOUBLE the engine displacement. That would be cool, an "SS 792" instead of just a 396.

I wonder how much torque it's starter motor has to make, to turn that monster over?

Whip 09-11-2003 06:57 PM

I work on these. While they may be jap owned, Sulzer is obviosly a German engine, and German design. They don't use starter motors, it injects "start air" into the cylinders in the proper sequence, then you open the fuel rack and bang.....Bang...BangbangbangBabababbaba.....! If you want to go in reverse, you stop the engine, slide the cam for the fuel pumps and fire her off backwards!!!!!! And yes, you stay in line with the crank if you suspect trouble brewing! We could idle ours at 19 rpm.

decooney 09-11-2003 07:11 PM

Wow

I wonder if they'll be able to get it smogged?

Excaliber 09-11-2003 07:18 PM

Cool motor! What gear head couldn't appreciate an engine THAT BIG!!

19 rpm idle speed. I tell you the "numbers" on this thing are just amazing! Yeah, if it "feels" like trouble, get in-line with the crank, even at 19 rpm, LOL.

Ernie

Great Asp 09-11-2003 07:31 PM

Nope

You guys missed it.

Oldest trick in the book!

Everyone knows Japanese are small people, the motor isn't "THAT" big! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Eric :MECOOL:

Excaliber 09-11-2003 07:50 PM

DOH!!! .....and I fell for it hook line and sinker! ha ha

Ernie

Back in Black 09-11-2003 08:02 PM

Will I have to go to a C6 to run that in my Mobra?

:3DSMILE: