Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   What is the LATEST recognition your Cobra has had recently? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/46546-what-latest-recognition-your-cobra-has-had-recently.html)

Sideways 05-10-2014 06:36 PM

I pulled into the bagel joint this morning and a guy in his 50's asked me if it was a new style Mazda.
I said yes, it's a RX-3000 thinking he was putting me on. Then he asks well how many were made? I replied "around 1000" ...
It's been called a Vett and a Austin Healey but NEVER a Mazda!

buddyg 05-10-2014 08:26 PM

Wow what an idiot

henrik 05-20-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddyg (Post 1299877)
Wow what an idiot

... so not knowing a car makes you an idiot %/ :JEKYLHYDE

buddyg 05-20-2014 02:00 PM

If you think a Cobra is a Mazda then yes!

Cobra #3170 05-21-2014 11:35 AM

Promotional video for Falken Tire, you can see all the front end dents but if it were perfect I wouldn't be hitting pylons. That is not me driving but it does show how well the car handles on street tires

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=XfW-aF3SGyw&app=desktop[/ame]

rodneym 05-21-2014 12:04 PM

Nice video, Bruce! Love it.

My Twin Paxton got 3 pages in the Spring 2013 edition of the Shelby American, written by Rick Kopec.

I don't think I'm allowed to post a link since it's a paid subscription in a locked area :confused:

I did get a printed copy framed in the garage, though :MECOOL:

dallas_ 05-21-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra #3170 (Post 1301862)
you can see all the front end dents but if it were perfect I wouldn't be hitting pylons.

Not to gum up this thread with anything other than recognition stories, but that's just awesome. And the dents just add to the cool factor. I love cars that are driven hard.

SKINNEDR 06-11-2014 07:25 AM

I pulled my car out of the garage on Sunday to wash it, and couple came up the driveway with the biggest smile Humanly possible and just drooled over my car. I could have sworn that they were more happy than I the owner. Both were extremely happy to see my baby...
Pride in ownership!

rawald 06-11-2014 08:40 AM

We attended the Atlanta Caffeine and Octane show a couple weeks ago for the first time with my Cobra and my daughters 1959 F100. She followed me into the show looking for parking spots and was complaining about how many people just ignored her truck. They would step in front of the truck to look the Cobra over as we drove through the parking lot. She also noted that people would be walking along smiling as they looked at the other cars but that their eyes lit up and the smiles got bigger when they walked up to the Cobra. A couple of people also noticed her truck when they were done looking over the Cobra.

SunDude 06-11-2014 09:30 AM

Fulfilling a dying man's dream of riding in a Cobra...

I had one of my most rewarding Cobra experiences just a couple weeks ago. Please bear with me while I tell the story.

On May 25 (Sun) my daughter and I drove the Cobra up to Calabogie Motorsports Park so I could rip around the track in a Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, as part of a lapping day experience my wife bought me for Christmas. It was fun.

I posted a thread w/photos about it on a Canadian car forum I belong to. Another forum member told me about a friend of his, whose father is dealing with terminal cancer, and asked if I would fulfill his lifelong dream to ride in a 427 Cobra. I jumped at the chance.

Mother Nature smiled on us May 31 (Sat) and gave us a beautiful sunny day for a drive. I met up with Charlie and his father Mike, and we set off for a nice back roads cruise along the Rideau River.

Unbeknownst to me, Charlie had kept the ride as a surprise for his dad. I was already parked when they pulled in to our meeting place. Charlie drove over and parked next to me and we all started talking about the car. It took a few minutes for Mike to realize that this was all planned and that he was going to go for a ride.

Wow!! What a reaction! Mike was so excited, just like a little boy at Christmas. His smile was so sincere, it was positively infectious. It was obvious that (like me) Mike has a special "thing" for Cobras.

We enjoyed a nice drive and chatted non-stop about cars and Cobras and work and family and whatnot. Mike thanked me profusely, but the truth is I'm so very pleased I was able to this. It was my pleasure, 100%.

My good friends at Wicked Garage were kind enough to donate some shop swag, as a little surprise for Mike, too. Kudos to them, for stepping up.

All in all this was a most fulfilling experience for me. I'm so happy to have been able to do something nice for Charlie and Mike, two very nice people going through a very tough time.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3903/...cbe7d6a8_b.jpg

How's this for a genuine smile, eh...?

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2903/...8088b221_b.jpg

= = = = =

My experience reminded me of the heart-wrenching story about how more than 30 Arizona Cobra owners helped a dying woman fulfill her husband's lifelong dream to ride in a Cobra (see http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/ariz...-you-help.html). That dream was realized thanks to the members here at Club Cobra.

cycleguy55 06-24-2014 09:15 AM

SunDude: Sounds like it was a great experience for all, and very rewarding for you.

I hope I get the chance to do the same some day.

STROKER ACE 06-25-2014 09:47 PM

After 12 years of nights and week ends and holidays FFR #4299 is painted and a driver , We put it in the local World of Wheels show , the car won first place in its class and first place in the sports car class and a 100dollar check for a show favorite , first show first win . This car fits me like a glove and is a driver and a cruiser I get compliments everywhere from everybody ,The license plate reads 40YRWATE . I wish I new how to show prints of the car and a short video of the electrical features . We were at the London Show last Saturday and Dave Smith said it was very impressive with the features and benefits in the engineering . The man who built the car and I were photographed with Dave Smith and the car .

Buford427 06-26-2014 12:28 AM

I had only just pick up the car and was taking a friend out for a cruise and he asked if we could stop over at a dear friends home to give her a ride, she is going through breast cancer and the treatments of late have been very hard for her and her husband.
They are a car "nut" household so I knew they would enjoy seeing the car. we roll up and they come bounding out with smiles on their face's. I let it idle for a bit then shut it down.
We talk for a bit and then my friend extends the offer to her to take a ride. She declines stating that her body just could not take the bumps and all. Her brother was also with them and he goes nuts, "your turning down a ride in a peace of history", she says yes but thanks me anyway.
The brother, still bug eyed and drooling says, "hell I'd give my testicals for a car like this", to which I reach up to shake his hand and in the highest, squeaky voice I can muster say "ya man I know what your feeling".
All burst out in laughter and tears.
Up to that moment I'd not said anything at all.

GregAgrest 06-27-2014 12:21 PM

My experience was pretty tame. I was cruising down the freeway doing a little over the speed limit in the fast lane. I noticed a car pull up next to me on the right and it was a highway patrol car. I figured he was going to motion to me to pull over. Instead I got a thumbs up and then he backed off. I watch the mirrors a bit closer now. Got lucky on that one.

Murky781 07-05-2014 07:12 PM

At a local cruise night today with both cars and was approached by a very wise man who asked if the cars were " from Vegas or New Britain." That was the best compliment we could get and the nicest "are they real?" we have ever heard.

dl95409 08-01-2014 09:17 AM

Well, not the most recent recognition but with Hot August Nights in full swing here in Reno it reminded me that I didn't post this last year.

Last spring I received a call wondering if the car would be available for a photo shoot. I said "sure" and got it over to a large garage on the west side of town one morning where there was a full photo crew of the photographer, a couple of assistants, an art director, and the VP of Marketing setting up the shot for the 2013 HAN poster!

Initially I figured that I'd be lucky if the rear fender of mine got included in the final shot. Unfortunately I couldn't hang around for the shoot but was more than pleasantly surprised when I got a copy of the final poster. You can't see my fog lights or the telltale "team stripes" but you can tell it's mine with the SCCA sticker in the upper windshield....

http://candcauto.us/images/HAN_Poster.jpg

I also like the way that it's the Chevy that has the hood up! Makes it look a lot more "normal"... :rolleyes:

Chook 08-19-2014 04:29 AM

Just yesterday - so is that the Eleanor version?!

RallySnake 08-22-2014 05:14 PM

We ran the "Not My Fault" rally last week. It was organized by the Santa Monica Sports Car Club and was a great event. We ran some of the best roads in the Santa Monica Mountains including Decker Canyon, Yerba Buena and the twisty parts of Mulholland. It got kinda hot in the valley but cooled off nicely near Pacific Coast Highway. On one leg, we drove by a stand where a guy was taking pictures. He had a sign up that said "RockStorePhotos.com". So I was able to buy and download this picture. Check out SMSCC.org for rally information. Also the ITN Rally team is planning a big event for September 27. Check out ITNrally.org for that one.

Old Fart 08-22-2014 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what happens when my Granddaughters Hoppy insisted that I go to the Track strip with him. I am just too old for all that.
Old Fart

buddyg 08-25-2014 12:58 PM

Chicks dig the Cobra and the beard!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps8510f5e7.jpg