Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   What is the LATEST recognition your Cobra has had recently? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/46546-what-latest-recognition-your-cobra-has-had-recently.html)

BAsque1 10-01-2011 05:30 AM

At the begining of this summer I was followed and pulled over by this female cop (cute and young) she just wanted to have a few secs to drull over my car, "it is the most beautiful car in the world sir" she said . You have a nice day and drive safely. A few weeks later another woman stuck her head out of her Escalade and asked me at a stop light "What is that ?" I replied a Lamborghini killer" she replied nice car is that a new brand name? you got to laugh ;-)

RACER X #99 10-01-2011 06:06 AM

October 2009, Monticello NY
"Are you OK? WTF happened? Just how fast were you going before you hit? Your going to have to sign this release, Hold on the Ambulance is coming, Where do you want me to put these pieces?Oh man there is oil all over the place,Wow look at the Armco,I'm going to have to put you on the roll back backwards, is there anyway you can get that front wheel straight? Where is your trailer parked"?
Hey it was a good 22 year run and I had a hell of a lot of fun, never won a trophy, never passed every car on the track but made a few friends along the way, drank a few too many TnT's and have more good memories than bad.

Snakebit 10-02-2011 05:08 PM

Stopped at a gas station to fill up after a car show. 5 people get out of there cars and ask if they could take a pucture! A week later I stop for gas and the gas station attendant was taking pictures of the car with his cell phone. A woman starts yelling at him " Your taking pictures of the car and not waiting on me?" She sped off in a huff. I guess some people just don't know when they are in the presence of a true automotive legend.

Clayboy 10-02-2011 09:10 PM

I stopped at the gas station in the Cobra today and the guy at the next bay walked up and said: "you wanna' trade straight across for two screaming kids and my car?"
I asked, "Does the wife go with the deal?"
"We can talk" is his response.
You should have seen the look his wife gave him when he said that.... priceless!
He was in such trouble... I would not want to have to be in that car.

mgstuart 10-12-2011 07:55 PM

a good looking woman ask for a ride as i drop the wife off for dinner

Ibr8k4vetts 10-12-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgstuart (Post 1156020)
a good looking woman ask for a ride as i drop the wife off for dinner

And how did that work out???;)

Barker 10-12-2011 10:15 PM

So I Went to the all American Muscle Car day at Lakeside Qld, at the twin space station servos got asked about my kit the guys jaw dropped your taking a aussie kit to an all american day.
I walked off no answer.

last Friday night was out cruising home from a friends send off, Saw the police car pull out infront I drove quietly as lakeside pipe allow, they drove slow I rolled past, indicated to go the back way home, they pulled up along side asked if I minded a breathalizer test. I said ok.
The female officer very cute couldnt care less about the breath test she wanted photos of the car, asked all the right questions even got in to the drivers seat for a classic shot, I believe now on the wall in the station office. lol
Shows there are still good people left in the world. I was .01 for the record.

GoMangoMan 10-13-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barker (Post 1156042)
So I Went to the all American Muscle Car day at Lakeside Qld, at the twin space station servos got asked about my kit the guys jaw dropped your taking a aussie kit to an all american day.
I walked off no answer.

last Friday night was out cruising home from a friends send off, Saw the police car pull out infront I drove quietly as lakeside pipe allow, they drove slow I rolled past, indicated to go the back way home, they pulled up along side asked if I minded a breathalizer test. I said ok.
The female officer very cute couldnt care less about the breath test she wanted photos of the car, asked all the right questions even got in to the drivers seat for a classic shot, I believe now on the wall in the station office. lol
Shows there are still good people left in the world. I was .01 for the record.

So may I ask, where is the photo of this 'cute' officer in your car?!? Share!

MaSnaka 10-13-2011 10:20 AM

Yesterday I got the ultimate form of recognition for what it's worth. I received my Colin Comer edition of Shelby Cobra Fiftey Years in the mail and was eager to see if any of the three photos I had submitted were used in the book. As I turned each page I see incredible pictures of cars and people involved in the history of Cobras, you know who they are and you have seen the incredible cars. I am pictured on page 248 with my son driving my Classic Roadster. To be included in the same book with the likes of Carroll Shelby, Ken Miles, Peter Brock, Dan Gurney, Bob Bondurant to name a few, is a huge thrill for me. I also get to represent the Classic Roadster Family with the only photo and mention of our small community. Thank you Colin Comer for preserving our history!

John

razerwire 10-26-2011 01:19 PM

Took the csx comp car to Mustang Plus car show oct 22 in stockton . They put on a great show with lots of Very nice mustangs, broncos, cobras, other ford products. Had peoples choice car show and my cobra won its class. It was nice to be around ford fans, they knew what my car is. You go to street rod show and you are invisible.

centaur17 01-14-2012 08:31 AM

Was down in St. George last week and when I got in the car a woman, had to be 75 if she was a day, came up and started asking all kind of questions both technical and otherwise. She might have known more than I do. 'Blew my skirt up'. I asked her if she would marry me! Walter from Beaver, UT.

Silverback51 01-14-2012 08:44 AM

A couple years ago my wife and I headed over to Poulsbo for lunch.

As we were heading up the hill to leave town after lunch, there was an older lady, in her late 70's, early 80's walking with a walker down the hill towards down town. She was with another lady that I will assume was her daughter.

Her head was down looking at where she was walking, but when she heard the car coming, she stopped, looked up, smiled and gave us a big thumbs up.

I'm guessing she was one very cool old lady.

mreid 01-14-2012 10:20 AM

Left my car parked in the driveway the other day while I ran some errands. Came back and some hot chick was boosting my engine! Pic, 'cause it happened:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...d/4015aa11.jpg

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

lovehamr 01-14-2012 10:53 AM

Now that's funny right there!

Avmaviator 01-14-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mreid (Post 1170765)
Left my car parked in the driveway the other day while I ran some errands. Came back and some hot chick was boosting my engine! Pic, 'cause it happened:

I bet that this hot chick is the reason why your timing was off ;) :LOL:

Silverback51 01-14-2012 02:00 PM

It's okay, it was only a SB anyway.;):D

mreid 01-14-2012 07:17 PM

But was it? Apparently there is now a question about when a 427 became a small block!

And I'll bet that wench snuck out in the garage and screwed with my timing...

shelby7 01-14-2012 07:34 PM

responce from a person at my shelby in the driveway

A friend walked up and said" your selling it?" man, it must be hard since its an heirloom...Can I have it? Ill take care of it...

sspano01 01-22-2012 03:00 PM

took my cobra to a local garage today for an indoor-winter-car-show-of-sorts.
some 13 year old kid was staring at it...jaw open.
I asked "well - what do you think?"
He said "wow! i have only seen these cars in video games"

IndyCobra 02-28-2012 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished my build, got the licensing and insurance squared away and took the car out for a quick spin down the highway once we got a warm day. As luck would have it, I didn't have enough gas to make it to the nearest gas station so I pulled over into a church parking lot as she rolled to a stop. My son headed off on foot the remaining 1/2 mile to the station while I stood shotgun. Just so happens that a local church meeting breaks up and all these soccer mom vans start slowly cruising by with all these kids in the window. Several pull over and all these kids pile out of the van to look over the car. Got some nice pictures and I let them sit in it while Mommy snapped her cell camera. Pretty soon my son pulls up in some pickup truck. The guy had a hot rod hat on so my son approached him and asked if he wanted to go see a kit Cobra.

All in all, it was a busy first day.