9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2003, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of BDR 127......
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Starting a So Cal CLub Forum...

I also posted this in the Club Forum area, but please submit feedback on either post.

~~~~~~~~~
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like there are many So Cal CC members, but I do not see a club forum dedicated to we So Cal folks. In addition to COCOAOC and the LA Club, I would love to have an online forum in which to meet other So Cal owners, set-up gatherings, swap stories, etc. If there is not an entry or forum I am overlooking, how about starting one up.....???

As am getting closer to taking delivery of my Cobra, I would like to find out how to become moreengaged locally.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Snak Iyz
Old 10-29-2003, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302 EFI, #3358
Not Ranked     

Well, first thing that might help is to know what your specific location is. Your profile lists only "Southern Caifornia". This is a really big place, 20 Million people covering an area of 30,000 Sq Miles.

I live in the San Fernando Valley portion of Los Angeles.
Old 10-29-2003, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill32,

I am located down in Laguna Niguel.

A couple of other guys responded to the post on Club Forums from LA and Oceanside.

The online aspect of creating a club forum would be great for all of us across all 30,000 sq. miles - from LA to San Diego. What's your thoughts?

SI
Old 10-29-2003, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

I think so also. I really don't have the time to join a "club" at this point in my life but to meet up with a some cobra owners from time to time would be fun. Especially when I get the thing on the road!!!

Also the possibility of having other local members available to discuss & possibly help out with problems is always a good thing.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

TP,

Great point to make. Time is really hard to come by and having a local forum group to share and bounce things off of is another great benefit of getting us all together in one 'room'.

The guys from the other Club forums are probably saying "Duh, guys....that's what they're for..."
Old 10-29-2003, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech Serial 0122 66 428, Tremec 3550. AMP 9" Ford IRS
Send a message via AIM to surfer44
Not Ranked     

Henderson,NV is really just a suburb of San Bernardino. Can I join too?
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW, what a ride!!!"
Old 10-29-2003, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Great idea! We can meet for lunch every other month on a Saturday, eat, then have a drive somewhere. John Wais does this with the Tri-County Cobras out of Ventura every other month. (Next event is December 6!) We just need to pick a weekend (first, second, third) announce the location, then do it!! The longer we go, the more people come to it!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Edley...

Given your exposure to the forum and local So Cal events, how many poeple do you think we can round up for events as well as an online So Cal area in the Club Forums??

I always read on CC AFTER the fact about events like Snakes by the Lake, Weekend Cruises, etc. and as a relative newbie, I am not in the loop enough or no where to look to find out this info. THIS is just one of the functions we can use the So Cal forum for.

Whatchya think

Thanks for chiming in.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA, 2002 Corvette Z06, 2005 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Not Ranked     

If you check on the site:
www.socalsaac.org
you will find alot of events and members from the San Diego and Southern Orange County area. While they don't have a forum such as this one to communicate, they do have a members-only email site where you can get in touch with each other.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I got so excited at the prospect of long cruises, forgot all about that. Hi Bob.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

SNAK IYZ: If anyone has a "cruise" going, or heck, just wants to go for a ride, post it here on the Forum the week leading up to the day, and see who comes along!! You may be surprised by the size of the turnout! Keep tuning in to this Cobra station!!!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Moderator or Edley...?

As I am still fairly new to this board, is there a way to ping the moderator and check into setting up a So Cal forum room under Club Forums OR Edley, are you saying we can just use this forum??

I appreciate everyones feedback, but all those wild nights in college (highschool, gradeschool, kindergarten, in utero) have somewhat impaired my memory as I am already losing track of everyone. Ok, now it's out there.... Paul needs a forum to keep all of the local contacts straight I knew this would be productive.....

Old 10-29-2003, 07:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     

Someone has to let me be Co-Pilot until my car is on the road in the spring!! I'll bring gas money but I'm not wearing a blonde wig and bikini!!!

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."
Old 10-29-2003, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think we can use this Forum....MODERATOR?...TURK?....

Old 10-29-2003, 09:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default joea

I am with Joe. I am going to be a car pool dummy until February-ish, but I will bring gas money and buy the first round (or two)....
Old 10-30-2003, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     
Default Re: joea

Quote:
Originally posted by Snak Iyz

I am with Joe. I am going to be a car pool dummy until February-ish, but I will bring gas money and buy the first round (or two)....
You two can take turns being co-pilot in my car Unfortunately mine, though in the garage, has no power plant as of yet....
Old 10-30-2003, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You guys WILL be bringing your own absorbent towel to sit on, right?

Old 10-30-2003, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Are you saying that is a requirement, or is that what people who have driven with you recommend.....?
Old 10-30-2003, 09:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"After being given a ride in the Cobra, 4 out of 5 passengers recommend..........."

Old 10-30-2003, 09:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool Edley

Did you ever get a ping back from Turk or the 'moderator' at large about the So Cal club room.....?